Dr. Kent Kunze MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 27th, 2016
Waste of time
Very rude. Interrupts me when I am trying to talk. He is condescending. Not impressed at all.

April 20th, 2016
Dr. Kunze
Charges way to much and did stuff without my consent. He was very rude about a lot of stuff and tried to make me feel intimidated.

October 23rd, 2015
Great doctor
Dr. Kunze is great. He listens to the parents' opinions and thoughts. He also talks at length with the kids. As a parent, I always leave his office feeling that I've been heard. I highly recommend him.

July 14th, 2015
excellent caring doctor
Dr Kunze actually looks at you and talks without writing the entire time. He takes time to get to know the kids. He increased his patient time to 20 minutes. I have had3 of my kids to see him and it has been very positive. He does treat the kids with great respect and not just talking to parents. I've seen a lot of psychiatrists and he's one of the best. One negative is that he's not so good with returning phone calls. It takes days. But this is common with busy doctors.

May 3rd, 2015
Patient
I am an adult patient of Dr Kunze. I have been seeing him for over 10 years. He has been the best thing for me over the years. I see him every 3 months or more if needed. I am bi polar, depressed and anxious. He is VERY attentive & thorough during our 15 minutes and when I am in the hospital. I could go on and on about my positive experience with him. Thanks Doc!

August 6th, 2014
Brilliant
He is very knowledgeable in his area of expertise. He takes the time to listen to the concerns each child and their parents and puts great effort into helping parents understand his thought process as well as their child's diagnosis including anticipated outcomes. He truly promotes a holistic approach to modification of concerning behavior and DOES NOT take the use of medication for behavior management lightly.

April 12th, 2014
Stay away
Dr. Kunze wears long-sleeved Harley-Davidson shirts with flames on the sleeves. And all of the motorcycling must have gone to his ears. He isn't someone who listens so much as someone who waits for their turn to speak. This wouldn't be bad if he opened his mouth for purposes other than condescension, but I don't think it's possible for him. He errs so hard toward 'professional' he couldn't trip and fall into 'compassion' if he wanted. It seems this attitude carries over to the staff - the reception would be warmer in an igloo. Of the four visits to this office, twice I waited while the receptionist haggled with other clients over financing. In the waiting area. Did she apologize for the scene? Making me wait? No - I was chastised for not interrupting an argument - "If you have an appointment you need to let us know you're here. It's your responsibility to make the most of your time." And she's right, so I won't be back.

April 12th, 2013
despondent
I have had nothing but troue with this office and staff. they dont answer the phones for questions or appointments and dr kunze oes nkt return phone calls in a timely manner. he is a pill pusher for sure and doesn't listen to patients or parents. his office staff is lazy not over worked ! diane palmer is no better only choosing to work with who she percieves as easy ! the only qualified staff member in the whole building is judy reinhardt. if u cant see her dont even bother going. you will have better luck having a good conversation with dr kunze on the bicycling than on your childs health and is more accessible on the bike trails lr roads od des moines than in his office. if I could give a -10 review for this practice I would

February 5th, 2013
Caring & Compassionate child psychiatrist
Dr. Kunze is skilled, unflappable, and concerned with his patients, and listens to the parents as well, all within the unfortunate construct of the 15 minute billable unit, which is beyond his control. In those 15 minutes, he is expected to diagnose, evaluate, prescibe, discuss, monitor, and review medications and other tx plans. He coordinates well with therapists when they are also involved, and is always pleasant adn positive, while clearly overloaded and overscheduled, as are all child psychiatrists in IA, given the extreme shortage of psychiatrists.

May 24th, 2012
Rigid
Dr. Kunze is rude and complains if my son doesn't come into his office with me at the beginning of the visit. My son is 10 and I don't want him in there in the beginning while I'm discussing his behavior. Is it depression, anxiety, ADHD? He should respect parents concerns and feelings of discussing medication and behavior issues in front of the children. His communication with parents and children is poor.

June 21st, 2011
Go elsewhere
wow -- what an arrogant doctor-- he DOESN'T LISTEN to patient. Time to look elsewhere -

March 9th, 2011
Not Recommended
It's all about the meds and being stuck on them forever. Psychiatrists don't seem to do any 'talk therapy' anymore? IMO, IF they are all that way now, I believe anyone seeing a psychiatrist should also see a psychologist or qualified counselor.