Dr. Kent Vanbuecken MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 18th, 2016
HORRIBLE
This doctor, if you could call him that, should not ever EVER be able to see patients in office, much less operate on them. I almost died on the operating table during a relatively simple procedure and had to be transported via helicopter to another facility. Thank God. After being in ICU at the other facility, Dr VanPuken not once got in contact with anyone at the hospital to let them know how to care for my foot while there. Never once contacted anyone if my family to see if I'd actually lived. Horrible doctor, horrible person. I would recommend anywhere but where he's 'practicing' medicine.

February 10th, 2016
He fixed a my knee after I tore my Meniscus, Great explanation of everything, very polite, Caring, Gentle.

November 25th, 2015
Patient
This doctor was the first person to accurately diagnose my illness. He was kind and polite and listened to me. The surgery also went well.

September 9th, 2015
Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon

June 9th, 2015
AWFUL!!!
I would advise anyone needing an Ortho MD to look elsewhere!!! The staff & the PA at this facility are just awful!!!

September 12th, 2014
Very disappointed. Had to wait over 1 hour to see Dr. Lost my daughters information sheet The nurse just happened to see us in waiting room and checked. Office had not given information to nurse. Then the office made a MRI appointment and did not inform me. Then gave me a new appointment time for M R I, and it was not scheduled at the hospital. To top it off, when we had office visit for results, Dr Van Beucken stayed in the doorway to tell the results. Did not even come in the room to discuss the MRI. I was charged $50 co-pay for a 2 minute visit. I am getting all my daughters records and going to Watauga Orthopedics. I would not recommend Dr. Van Beucken to anyone. It was a waste of our time and money.

June 14th, 2014
WOULD NOT RECCOMMEND THIS DR TO ANYONE.
Dr. Vanbuecken is the worst dr. I have ever been to. He is the new dr at the office I am going to Community Physicians Wise in Wise Va. He totally disregarded my previous dr diagnoses and raised my arm when I ask him not to. I had to physically pull it away from him. I have made formal complaints against him and plan on pursuing legal action.

February 19th, 2012
Excellent!!!!!!
Dr. VanBuecken is probably one of the nicest doctors I have been to. He is always very pleasant to be around, seems to be very knowledgeable and has a great "bedside" manner! Always seems to be in a good mood! Between husband and myself, he has done 4 surgeries on us and would/have recommended him often to others and will continue referring!

July 7th, 2011
The Doctor found the problem and was in surgrey within two days.fixed the problem an back to work.He listens to what you are saying, and tells you why it hurts and what not to do. He is very kind overall, I would recomened him highly.

March 6th, 2011
Goos Dr. Bad Beside Manor!
Bedside manner lacking

February 11th, 2010
Great Surgeon
I was in so much Pain befor my Surgrey.. i was able to walk the very nexy day, what a great Doctor!