Overall Review

2.9

July 27th, 2016
Doctor sent blood work to the wrong lab causing balance billing. Doctor performed procedures that were not requested resulting in balance billing. Doctor failed to respond to both emails and phone messages.

April 20th, 2016
Highly Recommend Exceptional Doctor
Dr. Peterson is an amazing Internist and I would highly recommend. She gets right to the point, follows up personally and quickly. She explains the facts clearly and in a way in that its easy to understand while digesting the information. I'm thankful she's my Doctor.

April 24th, 2012
Staff rarely answer the phone and rarely return phone calls. Would not recommend that you go to this office.

January 31st, 2012
Calls to the front desk go into voicemail
It seems that the front desk is really so busy they don't have time to return phone calls.

May 6th, 2010
Better than many in NYC!
Dr. Peterson has been my PCP for 5 years, and though my rating isn't great, it's far better than most of the other in-network doctors I've seen! The staff is not particularly friendly and can be unresponsive when calling in prescriptions or getting back to you. Once I had to physically return to the office 3 days later, with strep throat, after nobody called in my prescription despite numerous follow-up calls. I usually feel rushed when seeing the doctor, but she's been very helpful in diagnosing and treating a variety of ailments. I feel confident in her medical knowledge and treatment, which is why I keep her as a PCP. I don't generally have trouble getting an appointment when I need it either.

April 17th, 2008
More interested in $$ than health
I went to Dr. Peterson today, who I have seen several times, for a prescription for an antibiotic for an enlarged lymph node in my throat causing a sore throat and ear twinges. When I got there they informed me my insurance was no longer accepted. I called my insurance company and got them to agree to make an exception for me and pay for the visit since I had never been informed about the change. The doctor still would not see me or even speak to me. I could not find out what she would charge me out of pocket for a simple prescription. And I had needed to check with her about a Restylane treatment I desired. In fact she had told me to come by to see her before ordering the cosmetic filler. Today she said it would cost me $150 for a consult. Totally mercenary doctor. I left with no consult and an inflamed lymph node. Would NEVER recommend this doctor.