Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Specialist
2817 S Mayhill Rd
Ste 270
Denton, TX 76208
940-243-9759
Locations and availability (3)

|  Misdiagnosis  |  show details
by Mrs. V. Arthur Fenton on Aug 9th, 2013

The most memorable thing about my appointments with Kerry Perry occurred when she told me my prognosis. My husband said I passed out in the chair. I remember why. She told me I probably had stage three breast cancer, therefore, she would recommend I go to Baylor and get my breasts removed, put a chemo port in, take some radiation and spend my summer indoors with my 3 small children. "...And--about your 1 yr old--you might not carry him around too much, because he could Yank the port right out of your chest!" Who wouldn't pass out? I awoke at 5 am the next day and immediately called MD Anderson. At MD Anderson they told me, removing my breast would only reduce my RISK of REOCCURRENCE by 3%! Did you hear me ladies? I said 3%. I was also CORRECTLY diagnosed by an Oncologist with Stage 0 Breast Cancer. I received my diagnosis after 3 days of testing by world renowned breast cancer doctors--including re testing my tissue from the original biopsy. In three short days---I knew everything I could possibly be educated on about the cancer in my breast...all because I was educated by the best doctors in the world who educate the rest of the medical world thru extensive research. My diagnosis was stage 0, insitu, HER-2, triple Negative Breast cancer with Type 3 cancer cells. Treatment plan: keep breasts (my choice), 3 months of radiation. No Chemo because I only had 3 millimeters of invasion outside the milk duct. GET EDUCATED ABOUT YOUR CANCER BEFORE You make any decisions! Get a second opinion....always! I have been cancer free for 7 years. I didn't get a port, I didn't remove my breast. My best friend went to Kerry Perry last year. I told her not to. But it was more convenient. She had a double Mastectomy done by Kerry Perry. One year later: "... the cancer came back with a vengeance", she said to me. This was on June 22,2013, 6 weeks ago. She said, "It's in my lungs, my liver and my bones." She had a ten centimeter tumor in her breast a year ago. She was not referred to an oncologist. She did not have chemo, nor radiation. She was under the impression, that the cancer was GONE because she had removed her breasts! Hmmm.. I wonder why she didn't have an oncologist. Insurance issues maybe? Bad advice? Misdiagnosis?

Sep 19th, 2012

Wonderful person and Doctor! She went above and beyond to help me!

Jul 23rd, 2012

She is an amazing person/doctor. I will choose her over and over again, if I have to. I have never rated anyone before but I took the time to do this, so people would know how much she is appreciated for the good job she is doing. I will always recommend her in a heart beat!

by s. howorka on Feb 7th, 2011

Absolutely outstanding across the board! Wish my other local physicians were as timely, and as professional as she is!

|  One of the Best!  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

Dr. Kerri Perry is a fantastic surgeon. She is personable and very detailed oriented. I visited several Doctors in the DFW Area to find the right one to be part of my breast cancer treatment team. I am so glad i found Dr. Perry. She is so easy to talk to and really is very interested in getting to know you. Not one of those in and out type of doctors. Her staff is great and very encouraging and extremely helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to see her. It is well worth the drive to Denton!

|  If I could rate ten stars I would.  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2010

Dr. Perry and her staff are excellent. I can't say enough nice things about them.

May 27th, 2009

Dr. Perry is very thorough and exact, but beyond that, she is so caring and concerned about the patient as a person. Her staff always exceeds any expectations that I have and are equally caring about each persons situation.