Dr. Kerry Kirkman MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

August 1st, 2016
Very bad experience...should never go to her

June 22nd, 2016
My son's birth April 6 2007
I will never forget how well I was attended to throughout the period. My friend Mrs Ozzy Isabu-Ajibade referred me and I have no regrets whatsoever! Thank you so much Dr. Kerry!

April 5th, 2016
Waste of time!
Wasted 6 months with this sub-standard Doctor. She is fast, uncaring, unresponsive to your issues and has absolutely NO followup even if you called them to tell them you were bleeding profusely. Was told go to emergency room and never heard from their office again until they wanted an appointment for you months later!

February 5th, 2016
Avoid this "Dr"
We originally selected Dr. Kirkman because of the positive reviews she had. I am writing this to ensure other families do not fall into the same trap that we did. Dr. Kirkman was present for about half of the appointments that Dr. Kirkman set up, so if your a patient that expects to see your doctor every visit, this is not your doctor. My wife didn't see Dr. Kirkman once the entire second trimester! My wife got to see nurses and other side kick doctors that couldn't even answer important questions that my wife had. Dr. Kirkman called and set us up to be induced. We showed up to the hospital and the nurses got the induction going. After about 5 or 6 hours, Dr. Kirkman called another doctor and had them break my wife's water because she was once again too busy to be there. That's when things went south, long story short, the baby almost died after 6 more hours of contractions and a steadily dropping heartbeat. Still no Kirkman, another doctor had to rush in and whisk us away to the operating room and perform an emergency C-section. We dodged a bullet, Mom and baby are fine and we have been in the after birth recovery room for 2 days now, still not one word from Kirkman. I have called her office and left numerous messages, our nurse has called her and left a message. Unfortunately we can't leave the hospital until Kirkman releases my wife, so here we are, on lockdown at the hospital accumulating bills with no end in sight and no idea where our doctor is! Who wouldn't be angry?! I hope people will read about our experience and it will help other families avoid getting stuck with an OBGYN that is too busy to see you when it really counts. To continue to accept new patients because your popularity level is up is extremely greedy and irresponsible if you don't have the capacity, it almost cost us our sons life.

January 12th, 2016
Lack Knowledge
I tried to schedule an appointment with this office. I was told that my continual menstrual bleeding was not a concern they would make an appointment for. I was told to call my hematologist as it must have something to do with my blood clotting disorder and the blood thinners I take. Menstrual Bleeding has nothing to do with the others and my Hematologist confirmed that the first step should be a pelvic exam by a GYN. Their complete lack of understanding or willingness to make an appointment for someone that truly needed one (and now has one with another dr) is beyond belief and extremely bad practice. Warning about this doctor and office.

October 14th, 2015
My poor rating is due to the fact that she cancelled on me three times. Also when I had a hysterectomy three years ago, she never bothered to follow up with me in the hospital. On the evening of day two of my hospital stay, her partner paid a visit (whom I had never met). She was the one that informed me on the details of my procedure.

July 18th, 2014
Great Doctor
I think Dr. Kirkman is a great doctor. She has been my doctor for 7 years and delivered my grandchildren. I would and do refer her to all my clients and friends.

July 18th, 2014
Patient
I rarely write reviews for doctors or other businesses but have noticed lately that people only write them when they have complaints. This brings ratings and business down. I know from years of experience with Dr. Kerry Kirkman that she is not only a knowledgable but professional physician. She is caring and compassionate and most importantly personable with her ob/gyn patients. I feel this is a very important quality in a woman's health physician because it's sometimes a difficult situation to address. She is a person who makes you feel relaxed, which makes it easy to discuss sexual issues and other personal problems with. I know this from personal experience and the issues we've had to discuss with my personal health. I think it is also important for people to remember obstetricians have emergencies with other patients, sometimes they choose to stay at the bedside of that emergency. If you were the hospital patient, you would be elated your doctor was putting you first. Yes, this means you have to wait in the office a bit or maybe even see another physician or nurse practitioner. That is difficult and upsetting, but once again, you would want her to be with you if you were the critical patient. Also, when office staff are impolite with you, let Dr. Kirkman or Dr. Robinson know. This helps them address the situation. They only want the best for you and your family!

July 17th, 2014
If I did get to see Dr. Kirkman she seemed preoccupied and short with me. The wait times are almost unnecessary. Good luck getting a timely response on any phoned in question. May be she should think about lowering her patient load instead of increasing her bank account.

March 10th, 2014
Dr.Kirkman and all of her staff are amazing!!! She is very easy to talk too and makes everything extremely comfortable. I also feel she is a wealth of knowledge and will elaborate and explain anything you are unsure about. She spends quality time with you when you are there. I have experienced a rushed OB before and I can assure you that is the way she operates. She is the best!!

February 23rd, 2014
Top notch doctor
I highly recommend doctor Kirkman everyone we love! She is caring, genuine, extremely knowledgeable, and an all around wonderful doctor who I trust whole heartedly. Her bed side manner is impeccable and we are looking forward to many more deliveries with Doc KK by our sides!

February 17th, 2014
Professionalism at its FINEST!!
I just met Dr. Kirkman about 4 months ago when I attended my wife’s doctor’s appointment. I have heard from my wife how professional her doctor was however, I told my wife that I will be the judge of that. Well upon Dr. Kirkman entering our room where we were waiting. I knew my wife was extremely nervous about her doctor’s appointment Dr. Kirkman greeted both my wife and myself in a very pleasant and courteous way. Dr. Kirkman seemed to relief that stress with her professional presence. Before Dr. Kirkman even began the examination she asked all the pertinent historical questions to give her an idea of what she was dealing with in my wife’s pregnancy. Not only did she ask my wife questions, she asked if I had any questions being that this was my first child. I did have questions and Dr. Kirkman answered all my questions and then some. Dr. Kirkman explained the procedure/examination to my wife step by step. After the examination, Dr. Kirkman again thoroughly explained what the next steps were for us to follow and then she proceeded with a recap and explanation of everything that she did. Upon leaving and scheduling for our next appointment Dr. Kirkman said that she would follow up with us in the next 24 hours once she received the exam results. To my surprise Dr. Kirkman not only followed up with my wife within the time she promised , she also called and explained the results to me asking if I had any more questions.. I actually did have another question for her, “Why aren’t more doctors as courteous and caring to their patients as you are?” Dr. Kirman just smiled and said she would have her staff follow up with another appointment for my wife and she looked forward to seeing me again. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kirkman to anyone having a child that wants to be treated in a professional way. To say the least my wife was correct about Dr. Kirkman she a professional in what she does and makes you feel at home.