Dr. Kevin Ashby, MD
Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

He's so caring show details He's so caring
by Charleen on Jun 30th, 2016

I've had 3 colonoscopies done by Dr. Ashby. He is very caring and patient. I trust him to the fullest and would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.

by Anthony J. Delgado on Jun 22nd, 2016

Truly pleased with Dr Ashby's understanding of my fears and concerns, he took the time to listen and put me at ease. Amazing petient centered approach to care. Thank you Dr. Ashby!

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Jun 17th, 2016

Dr. Ashby performed an upper endoscopy on a random week day night much to my avail. He was kind, informative, and condfident-all the traits of an excellent physcian. A week after the procedure, I met with him for a follow up, and he was personable and relatable. I am fortunate to have Dr. Ashby as my GI.

by Colleen A. Barr on Jun 14th, 2016

I have seen Dr. Ashby for over 10 years. He is very compassionate. Once I was losing weight like mad and he would call me everyday even on the weekend to see how I was doing. That is very rare for a doctor to do these days. I feel he is the best GI doctor in Orange County! He was born to be a GI doctor. I recommend him 100 percent!

ICU RN show details ICU RN
by Richard M. on May 30th, 2016

After having abdominal pains for two months I was referred to Dr. Ashby's office for consultation. Dr. Ashby put me at ease immediately, as an ICU nurse I had already gone through several diagnoses that would explain my signs and symptoms. I was examined and labs were ordered. Before my next follow up appointment Dr. Ashby called me at home to check on me, which no physician as ever done. Well, my lab work came back negative for everything; however I was still experiencing abdominal pains. Dr. Ashby suggested that I have an EGD/colonoscopy. I had both tests and the biopsy results from my colonoscopy came back positive for adenocarcinoma of the sigmoid colon. Dr. Ashby had the unfortunate task of telling me this, I have been a nurse for 28 years and I was so impressed by Dr. Ashby's care and compassion towards me in telling me that I had cancer. I never felt like I was just another patient to him, I sincerely felt like he truly cared. After my surgery Dr. Ashby even called me at home to check on me again. I will continue to see Dr. Ashby for my follow up colonoscopies and would most definitely recommend Dr. Ashby to anyone in need of a gastroenterologist.

Weak on return calls show details Weak on return calls
by Lynn on Apr 20th, 2016

Though I intuitively feel that Dr. Ashby is excellent in his field, it is so difficult to get a return call from him I feel forced to seek a new GI doctor for my ongoing condition. Hopefully you would not experience the same frustration.

Oct 18th, 2015

He cancel your appointment to fit his schedule. ......no thought at all...

Aug 8th, 2015

Great doctor!!!

Wonderful and Amazing Angel show details Wonderful and Amazing Angel
by Extremely Happy Patient on May 18th, 2015

Dr. Ashby and his staff are amazing. I have been having issues with my stomach for over 3 months. Part of it was due to a medication reaction but it was not sure what was causing the rest of the issue. Most of the tests were inconclusive. I was in the ER 2 times and they could not figure it out. Dr. Ashby had done some tests but some were inconclusive. He wanted me to have another test but it was going to take weeks to get it done where I had scheduled it. I called his office and they tried other places to have it done, it was still going to take awhile. I finally went to the hospital where Dr. Ashby determined I needed surgery, however two other MD's felt it would not help. Dr. Ashby insisted that it be done, and now thanks to him and his insistence I am well on my way to recovery, He never gave up on me and found out what was causing the severe pain I was having. I would refer Dr. Ashby to anyone, including family and friends.

Customer Service to the MAX! show details Customer Service to the MAX!
by Phoebe P on Nov 1st, 2014

Dr Ashby and his staff have top of the line customer service. In fact their customer service is over the top! Dr Ashby is totally involved with his patient's care. He is very personable. He actually listens and interacts with the patient. He is down to earth, as is his staff. He knows his field of expertise, Gastroenterology, inside out. He stays up to date with and on top of all new information in his specialty. I am so lucky my GO referred me to Dr Ashby. He actually had a conversation with me. He explained all the steps,we as a team will take over the next year. He has a good plan set up. I cannot say enough good/great things about Dr Ashby. I also like that he is young and is continues to study and learn about new discoveries in his profession. God bless Dr Ashby. Customer Service to the MAX!

Comforting with Fabulous Bedside Manner show details Comforting with Fabulous Bedside Manner
by Kathleen Blythe on Sep 10th, 2014

Dr. Ashby was comforting from the very beginning. Let's face it...a colonoscopy is not the most exciting procedure but Dr. Ashby made me feel completely at ease and stayed in close communication from the time I arrived for my procedure, checking in on my several times with reassuring words and explained every detail. The nurses were wonderful and attentive...I'll be visiting with him again in 5 years!

by julie on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr.Ashby's office does not return calls. I found him nice while in the exam room. But it is impossible to get a call back, a new prescription, or any type of help. I will not go back to his office.

by Nancy Taylor on Dec 6th, 2013

Dr. Ashby is intelligent, kind, considerate and really listens to you and cares. I have a very complicated medical problem and he is really on top of things. I switched to Dr. Ashby on my internists recommendation and I am really glad I did.

Dr. Ashby you are loved and appreciated !!! show details Dr. Ashby you are loved and appreciated !!!
by Lousik, Y. on Aug 10th, 2013

I first met Dr. Ashby approx. 5 years ago at my bedside at Saddleback Hospital. ever Since then, he immediately became my very best favorite doctor. Trust me at age 77 I have several doctors whom I visit on a regular basis. His caring and paying attention to details of my health condition, along with his pleasant and kind personalty, makes me feel as if I am benign treated by my own son, God Bless Dr. kevin Ashby :)

Dr. Ashby is a very caring physician show details Dr. Ashby is a very caring physician
May 19th, 2011

I have utilized Dr. Kevin Ashby on three occasions spanning six years. Each time he has been personable and extraordinarily competent, explaining what he was doing; why he was doing it; and what the expected range of results was.Each time he has followed the procedure with a personal phone call, showing not only that he knew who I was, but that he cared about my treatment and suggesting changes that could occur in my situation; what to consider in both lifestyle and possible treatment options; and closing with a more than just professional expression of caring for a patient.This guy is for real. He is an excellent physician. And he's a nice guy. That's about a perfect package. [Now, if he can avoid a swelled head after reading this review, he's even better than I think he is!]

Dr Ashby has been amazing..... show details Dr Ashby has been amazing.....
Feb 28th, 2011

My GERD conditiion has been out of control and Dr Ashby's treatments have been outstanding. He is always available to help. Anytime of the day or night.