Dr. Kevin Ashby MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 17 reviews

December 1st, 2016
Dr Ashby was referred to me by my personal physician who is also a patient of Dr. Ashby. Dr Ashby took the time to answer all my questions. He and his staff made the experience as pleasant as possible. Most importantly, I feel he took his time looking for polyps and anything else abnormal. He was also great on following up. Definately recommend him.

June 30th, 2016
He's so caring
I've had 3 colonoscopies done by Dr. Ashby. He is very caring and patient. I trust him to the fullest and would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.

June 22nd, 2016
Truly pleased with Dr Ashby's understanding of my fears and concerns, he took the time to listen and put me at ease. Amazing petient centered approach to care. Thank you Dr. Ashby!

June 17th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Ashby performed an upper endoscopy on a random week day night much to my avail. He was kind, informative, and condfident-all the traits of an excellent physcian. A week after the procedure, I met with him for a follow up, and he was personable and relatable. I am fortunate to have Dr. Ashby as my GI.

June 14th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Ashby for over 10 years. He is very compassionate. Once I was losing weight like mad and he would call me everyday even on the weekend to see how I was doing. That is very rare for a doctor to do these days. I feel he is the best GI doctor in Orange County! He was born to be a GI doctor. I recommend him 100 percent!

May 30th, 2016
ICU RN
After having abdominal pains for two months I was referred to Dr. Ashby's office for consultation. Dr. Ashby put me at ease immediately, as an ICU nurse I had already gone through several diagnoses that would explain my signs and symptoms. I was examined and labs were ordered. Before my next follow up appointment Dr. Ashby called me at home to check on me, which no physician as ever done. Well, my lab work came back negative for everything; however I was still experiencing abdominal pains. Dr. Ashby suggested that I have an EGD/colonoscopy. I had both tests and the biopsy results from my colonoscopy came back positive for adenocarcinoma of the sigmoid colon. Dr. Ashby had the unfortunate task of telling me this, I have been a nurse for 28 years and I was so impressed by Dr. Ashby's care and compassion towards me in telling me that I had cancer. I never felt like I was just another patient to him, I sincerely felt like he truly cared. After my surgery Dr. Ashby even called me at home to check on me again. I will continue to see Dr. Ashby for my follow up colonoscopies and would most definitely recommend Dr. Ashby to anyone in need of a gastroenterologist.

April 20th, 2016
Weak on return calls
Though I intuitively feel that Dr. Ashby is excellent in his field, it is so difficult to get a return call from him I feel forced to seek a new GI doctor for my ongoing condition. Hopefully you would not experience the same frustration.

October 18th, 2015
He cancel your appointment to fit his schedule. ......no thought at all...

August 8th, 2015
Great doctor!!!

May 18th, 2015
Wonderful and Amazing Angel
Dr. Ashby and his staff are amazing. I have been having issues with my stomach for over 3 months. Part of it was due to a medication reaction but it was not sure what was causing the rest of the issue. Most of the tests were inconclusive. I was in the ER 2 times and they could not figure it out. Dr. Ashby had done some tests but some were inconclusive. He wanted me to have another test but it was going to take weeks to get it done where I had scheduled it. I called his office and they tried other places to have it done, it was still going to take awhile. I finally went to the hospital where Dr. Ashby determined I needed surgery, however two other MD's felt it would not help. Dr. Ashby insisted that it be done, and now thanks to him and his insistence I am well on my way to recovery, He never gave up on me and found out what was causing the severe pain I was having. I would refer Dr. Ashby to anyone, including family and friends.

November 1st, 2014
Customer Service to the MAX!
Dr Ashby and his staff have top of the line customer service. In fact their customer service is over the top! Dr Ashby is totally involved with his patient's care. He is very personable. He actually listens and interacts with the patient. He is down to earth, as is his staff. He knows his field of expertise, Gastroenterology, inside out. He stays up to date with and on top of all new information in his specialty. I am so lucky my GO referred me to Dr Ashby. He actually had a conversation with me. He explained all the steps,we as a team will take over the next year. He has a good plan set up. I cannot say enough good/great things about Dr Ashby. I also like that he is young and is continues to study and learn about new discoveries in his profession. God bless Dr Ashby. Customer Service to the MAX!

September 10th, 2014
Comforting with Fabulous Bedside Manner
Dr. Ashby was comforting from the very beginning. Let's face it...a colonoscopy is not the most exciting procedure but Dr. Ashby made me feel completely at ease and stayed in close communication from the time I arrived for my procedure, checking in on my several times with reassuring words and explained every detail. The nurses were wonderful and attentive...I'll be visiting with him again in 5 years!