Dr. Kevin Ashby MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017
Smart and compassionate
Excellent physician. Very knowledgeable. At the same time very understanding of the patient as a whole. Compassionate physician. Excellent bedside manner.

May 5th, 2017
Dr. Ashby did a great job answering all of my questions. He made me feel reassured about the procedure that no one wants to discuss.

March 9th, 2017
Great Experience
Despite a very full schedule, Dr. Ashby worked in two separate appointments for me on very short notice; His insistence that I received necessary testing promptly resulted in a quick diagnosis; Very professional and good follow up

March 6th, 2017
Comprehensive disclosure

February 4th, 2017
Very thorough
New patient, initial appointment. Doctor Ashby was very personable, but also professional and thorough. Reviewed my history, discussed next steps and invited my questions.

December 1st, 2016
Dr Ashby was referred to me by my personal physician who is also a patient of Dr. Ashby. Dr Ashby took the time to answer all my questions. He and his staff made the experience as pleasant as possible. Most importantly, I feel he took his time looking for polyps and anything else abnormal. He was also great on following up. Definately recommend him.

June 30th, 2016
He's so caring
I've had 3 colonoscopies done by Dr. Ashby. He is very caring and patient. I trust him to the fullest and would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.

June 23rd, 2016
Truly pleased with Dr Ashby's understanding of my fears and concerns, he took the time to listen and put me at ease. Amazing petient centered approach to care. Thank you Dr. Ashby!

June 18th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Ashby performed an upper endoscopy on a random week day night much to my avail. He was kind, informative, and condfident-all the traits of an excellent physcian. A week after the procedure, I met with him for a follow up, and he was personable and relatable. I am fortunate to have Dr. Ashby as my GI.

June 15th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Ashby for over 10 years. He is very compassionate. Once I was losing weight like mad and he would call me everyday even on the weekend to see how I was doing. That is very rare for a doctor to do these days. I feel he is the best GI doctor in Orange County! He was born to be a GI doctor. I recommend him 100 percent!

May 30th, 2016
ICU RN
After having abdominal pains for two months I was referred to Dr. Ashby's office for consultation. Dr. Ashby put me at ease immediately, as an ICU nurse I had already gone through several diagnoses that would explain my signs and symptoms. I was examined and labs were ordered. Before my next follow up appointment Dr. Ashby called me at home to check on me, which no physician as ever done. Well, my lab work came back negative for everything; however I was still experiencing abdominal pains. Dr. Ashby suggested that I have an EGD/colonoscopy. I had both tests and the biopsy results from my colonoscopy came back positive for adenocarcinoma of the sigmoid colon. Dr. Ashby had the unfortunate task of telling me this, I have been a nurse for 28 years and I was so impressed by Dr. Ashby's care and compassion towards me in telling me that I had cancer. I never felt like I was just another patient to him, I sincerely felt like he truly cared. After my surgery Dr. Ashby even called me at home to check on me again. I will continue to see Dr. Ashby for my follow up colonoscopies and would most definitely recommend Dr. Ashby to anyone in need of a gastroenterologist.

April 20th, 2016
Weak on return calls
Though I intuitively feel that Dr. Ashby is excellent in his field, it is so difficult to get a return call from him I feel forced to seek a new GI doctor for my ongoing condition. Hopefully you would not experience the same frustration.