Dr. Kevin Welch Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kevin Welch?

July 3rd, 2016

Sinuses are much better now. I can finally sleep again without using decongestants.

April 10th, 2016

Breathing again!

I broke my nose about 20 years ago during a rugby match. Tried sprays for years because I didn't want to have surgery. Finally decided to do it and it's unbelievable what I've been missing. Just about everything Dr. Welch told me to expect happened. Spoke to his P.A. Liz over the phone a couple times after the surgery. Excellent care all around. Thank you.

September 14th, 2015

Good doctor, interesting personality

Medically sound (he's at Northwestern so this is to be expected), but I didn't like him based on first impression. His first words to me were "what do you need?" Yikes, not even an introduction??? He was also running about 30 minutes late which the office staff failed to tell me. I don't mind physicians running late - and certainly appreciate it when I need the extra time from them - but at least give me a ball park figure of how long I'll be waiting. Bedside manner aside, I felt his diagnosis was accurate and followed his recommendations. Will I go back to him? Yeah, probably.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the feedback. Being late is one of my biggest pet peeves, and I work hard to try to stay on time as much as possible. There are many factors that cause doctors to get behind: patients showing up a few minutes late (adds up!), front desk staff inefficiencies, medical assistant delays and doctor delays. Sometimes I need to spend more time than I anticipated with patients for their problems. However, I always strive to make sure that all questions are answered before I leave the patient. I admit to being a pretty stoic person, but making a diagnosis and treating patients is what I'm there to do. So, doing what I can to make sure I'm accurate is the most important thing to me. Sometimes it's easy to forget the human side of medicine. Nevertheless, I invite you to come back and let me know what I need to do to improve upon things. BTW: I find it hard to believe that the *first* thing I said was "what do you need?" I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I have trouble agreeing!

SHOW

August 6th, 2015

Fixed it.

Brief and efficient visit with Dr. Welch. Got to the bottom of my sinus problem and treated it effectively. Not an over the top personality, but he took care of my problem. If it comes back, I'll make sure he's the first I see.

June 26th, 2015

In my opinion, he is a surgeon performing miracles. Beyond blessed he successfully removed a JAF tumor from my son. 7 hr surgery. No reoccurrence after 5 yrs.

Doctor's Response

He had a very large JNA (juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma), and it was a very technically challenging and trying surgery. He's done great!

July 25th, 2014

Excellent doctor

More excellent than I can say. He's saving my life. Thank you, Dr. Welch!

September 21st, 2010

Relief ....

After having a bilateral nasal polypectomy done in 1985, which proved successful for over 20 years, I had a recurrence of nasal problems over the last two years.Fearing that the pain and difficulty would be akin to what I suffered back then, I was reluctant to seek help, and decided to just live with things.All that was for naught, since Dr. Welch assured me that things were vastly improved over the last 25 years and while there was discomfort and some pain involved,it was nothing like it was then, the surgery went smoothly and I am the happiest camper you can find. And one that can once again breathe through my nose.

June 17th, 2010

Dr Kevin Welch

Dr. Welch did a fabulous sinus surgery on me....basically I did not suffer pain or discomfort after the first day. He is compassionate, takes time to talk, a definite expert in his field. I can now breath and get sleep, plus I'm off of antibiotiecs. It was such a good experience that I would do it again if required.

May 25th, 2017