inactive

Kevin Welch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

no change

July 3rd, 2016
Sinuses are much better now. I can finally sleep again without using decongestants.

April 10th, 2016
Breathing again!
I broke my nose about 20 years ago during a rugby match. Tried sprays for years because I didn't want to have surgery. Finally decided to do it and it's unbelievable what I've been missing. Just about everything Dr. Welch told me to expect happened. Spoke to his P.A. Liz over the phone a couple times after the surgery. Excellent care all around. Thank you.

September 14th, 2015
Good doctor, interesting personality
Medically sound (he's at Northwestern so this is to be expected), but I didn't like him based on first impression. His first words to me were "what do you need?" Yikes, not even an introduction??? He was also running about 30 minutes late which the office staff failed to tell me. I don't mind physicians running late - and certainly appreciate it when I need the extra time from them - but at least give me a ball park figure of how long I'll be waiting. Bedside manner aside, I felt his diagnosis was accurate and followed his recommendations. Will I go back to him? Yeah, probably.

August 5th, 2015
Fixed it.
Brief and efficient visit with Dr. Welch. Got to the bottom of my sinus problem and treated it effectively. Not an over the top personality, but he took care of my problem. If it comes back, I'll make sure he's the first I see.

June 25th, 2015
In my opinion, he is a surgeon performing miracles. Beyond blessed he successfully removed a JAF tumor from my son. 7 hr surgery. No reoccurrence after 5 yrs.

July 24th, 2014
Excellent doctor
More excellent than I can say. He's saving my life. Thank you, Dr. Welch!

September 20th, 2010
Relief ....
After having a bilateral nasal polypectomy done in 1985, which proved successful for over 20 years, I had a recurrence of nasal problems over the last two years.Fearing that the pain and difficulty would be akin to what I suffered back then, I was reluctant to seek help, and decided to just live with things.All that was for naught, since Dr. Welch assured me that things were vastly improved over the last 25 years and while there was discomfort and some pain involved,it was nothing like it was then, the surgery went smoothly and I am the happiest camper you can find. And one that can once again breathe through my nose.

June 17th, 2010
Dr Kevin Welch
Dr. Welch did a fabulous sinus surgery on me....basically I did not suffer pain or discomfort after the first day. He is compassionate, takes time to talk, a definite expert in his field. I can now breath and get sleep, plus I'm off of antibiotiecs. It was such a good experience that I would do it again if required.