Dr. Kevin Callahan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kevin Callahan?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Kevin Callahan?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 4 Ratings with 1 Comment

January 10th, 2011

ER doctor, I was left crying in pain for over an hour for this doctor to come in the room. that was long for this day because it was not busy. I got into a room very fast. When he came into the er room he sat down, never seen a dr do that!! he asked me about my autoimmune disease that I had listed on my health history because he had never heard of it. thats somewhat common given the nature of the disease. After I explained it to him he looked at me as if I were stupid or making it up. The hallmark symptoms are dry mouth and eyes. He went to the computer and looked it up then asked me what my symptoms were again and he said that jointpain was not a symptom of the disease. I argued that it was and that he was not looking at a full informational site of the disease that lists all symptoms. I came in the ER complaining of flank pain and he never asked about that. He thought I was faking. He discharged me and I had to ask him to check my urine to find out that I did have a kidney stone! Im sure he felt stupid. He then wrote me a prescription for pain meds and prednisone for the jointpain. Prednisone is a drug that a patient has to be weened off of. He prescribed 10 days worth. and a referral to a urologist. but failed to tell me that the urologist is required by law to see a patient that was referred by the ER, whether they have insurance or not. I was back in the hospital with more kidney problems and a kidney infection within a month. because the urologist said they arent accepting new patients. Yes some people do go to the hospital for drugs but do not judge before you do any tests. I used to pass meds so I know all about them. and Iam still in school now. He would rather argue what the symptoms are of my autoimmune disease then treat the pain of my current problem. I had no medical insurance so i had no choice but to go to the hospital.Kidney stone pain is no joke. The pain is excrutiating and he was so nonchalant that it made me sick. I was nauseas and did not feel like hearing an opinion of what he thought his job is to diagnose and treat. My health history is relevant but he was having a hard time learning about something he did not know already. Just because you are a doctor does not mean you can't keep learning. You are not in a different class as regular citizens.

May 9th, 2016