Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Physicians Care of VA PC
1201 Franklin Rd SW
Roanoke, VA 24016
540-985-0244
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  RN  |  show details
by Kristina on Aug 10th, 2014

I have worked with Dr.Dye for some time and would like to respond to the reviews written above. First, the reason the facility was out of the medication they usually give patients is because it was on national backorder and no one could get it. Whenever the military is getting ready for a big operation where they expect a lot of wounded soldiers, they stockpile the medications they need for our soldiers who would die without it. The only reason they would not give more of the medication they had to a patient would be because the Blood Pressure drops too low. More medication would make the person go into cardiac and respiratory arrest. He always has his patient's safety in the front of his mind when doing these procedures. #2: I have never heard Dr. Dye be rude to a patient at any time. If the patient is rude to him, he does his best, but no matter what he says when the patient is that upset, it will probably be perceived by the patient in a negative manner. I have never seen him talk down to anyone. I am sure it was a misunderstaning. #3 I have never seen Dr. Dye give up on a patient because things become difficult. He always follows up with more testing, and he is an expert at using many very complicated instruments and machines. He also takes all the time a patient requires when explaining test results to them. He is a very kind and very intelligent physician, and even when patients become difficult, he remains quiet, composed and kind. I recommend him highly. I have had the types of tests he performs several times, and have never seen a better preop prep than he does. It is tolerated much better than any other prep I have had to do. Dr. Dye also makes sure his patients are comfortable during the procedure and has a medical doctor of anesthesia giving heavy sedation at the head of the bed for every case he does. I recommend him highly.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

I have seen Dr Dye as a patient for 10 years and worked with him as a nurse for > 20 years. He is one of the most skilled endoscopists I have ever worked with, able to complete many procedures that other physicians could not. I have found that many patients that interpreted his bedside manner as "rude" came in having already decided what was wrong with them, and then did not like hearing when he did not support their self-diagnosis.

|  colonoscopy  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I have had to have several colonoscopys due to polyps. I was referred to Dr Dye when my dr retired. When I went to have the procedure, I was told that they were out of the medicine they usually used but they were using a drug that would do the same thing. I was awake and in extreme pain during the procedure and told them many many times that I was awake and in pain. The pain got so bad that I was moaning and unable to talk. They did nothing but continued the procedure. When they were finished I was taken to my room and when Dr Dye came to my room and told me I had 5 polyps he was very rude. He told me that he all of the polyps couldn't have all been removed last year because there were so many. He also stated that they would be sent away for results. When I asked him if they could be cancer he said no, and I asked how he knew, he said "I just know". I called his office a few days later and told them that I was awake. I found out they had given my demoral and all opiates have the opposite effect on me, they cause insomia. The nurse was very indifferent and said that lots of their patients chose to be awake. I did not choose that nor was anything done when I told him I was awake and in pain. There was no follow up appt just a letter with the results and advising me to have another one done in October 2012. Dr Dye does not do the procedures in a hospital, but in a little surgery center. I have had three in the hospital and they went fine. I do not recommend Dr dye to any one. He is very arrogant, shows no empathy for patients, nor does his staff, and has absolutely no bedside manner at all.

|  Follow Ups  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2010

Shouldn't act confused when I come back for follow up as he requested and then ask why I am there...

|  best in his field  |  show details
by Ken on Jul 23rd, 2008

Dr Kevin R Dye will answer all your questions. He has assembled a professional team of friendly and caring nurses. I have been his patient in surgery twice and am scheduling my wife for her first appointment.

|  Dye Review  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2008

Dr. Dye is a very smart doctor who is willing to help problems as long as they are easy to diagnose. But if the problem is difficult, he gives up easily and just wants you out of his sight. He talked down to me and was very rude to my wife when she tried to ask a question. He was only nice to me when he made a mistake during my endoscopy because he was so rushed because it was late in the day. We had to do the endoscopy again. His last words to me as I walked out into the lobby, after months of waiting for an appointment, were the following: "Don't come back because I have nothing else for you". How rude and insensitive. There are better doctors to choose.