Dr. Kevin Ehrhart Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kevin Ehrhart?

August 3rd, 2017

Wonderful physician

Dr. Ehrhart is thorough, knowledgeable and caring.

May 26th, 2017

Dr. Ehrhart and all of the doctors at SMOG

I have now had ankle surgery, shoulder surgery, and most recently knee surgery at Santa Monica Orthopedic Group. Each and every doctor and the entire atmosphere of the office and of the surgery center is pleasant and supportive and excellent

May 25th, 2017

Knowledgeable and capable orthopedic surgeon

Accurately diagnosed torn meniscus in knee and in consultation with patient, recommended minor surgery to address condition. Dr. Ehrhart was very thorough as respects preoperatvie consultation and surgery was performed with no complications and recovery was monitored daily with recommended physical therapy and inquiries regarding any post-operative complications. Highly recommended.

January 31st, 2017

I visited Dr Ehrhart for knee pain. I found him personable, attentive to my concerns. He was understanding , knowledgeable, compassionate and to the point which I like.

April 17th, 2016

Completely satisfied with every aspect of this process. Diagnosis was quickly determined, and a course of action clearly mapped out. Surgery was done in a very timely manner, and the recovery was better and easier than expected. Very glad to have had this procedure done, and the problem dealt with.

March 24th, 2016

Voice of reason

Dr. Ehrhart brought calm to what was a series of frightening consultations with other surgeons... He was professional, approachable and a craftsmen. My procedure went smoothly and according to plan. Many thanks.

December 9th, 2015

He is very patient and a sense of concern for me the patient knowing how hesitant I am about surgery. He allows me to wait, and now as I prepare for the procedure, he shows care, comfort, and amazing professionalism. He took steps to allow me to try other injections, time and prepare for the surgery. He is amazing!

October 7th, 2015

Great Doctor, Office needs better post op care

I think very highly of Dr Ehrhart. He is very competent and easy to talk to about concerns. I do not have such an opinion of the organization of his office for post surgical care. It is hard to reach a person and, I called three times about pain. Once at 4pm while the office was open and got a voice mail. Called back got a person, waited, called again that night, got a service. NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK. I didn't bother to call for other issues, because why bother? Also the discharge from the hospital involved several people coming in and explaining DIFFERENT meds and details of my discharge and post op care. Despite all of them explaining how to change the dressing and saying I would be sent home with extra dressings, I was not. I also was sent home with the wrong size stockings despite my protesting that they were wrong. All in all,great doctor , but staff needs retraining. Serious retraining.

May 19th, 2014

The office is very poorly run…no communication between Patricia, his scheduling nurse and Dr. Ehrhart. I was never informed of the "facility fee" when I scheduled an appointment. I still don't really understand what a facility fee is but I do know you are charged it every time you walk in and it is $250.00! I felt like I was paying part of their rent. And since Dr. Ehrhart does not make or receive phone calls, the only way to see him is by making an appt. The wait is ridiculous…my average time in the office is over 2 hours. He does not listen to what you have to say and is more interested in hearing himself talk. Eight months after my knee surgery, it is still swollen and painful. I need my other knee done and will not be having him do the surgery. There are too many other outstanding surgeons in the area to have to put up with this.

November 3rd, 2012

DR. KEVIN EHRHART (DR. HIP)

I FIRST MET DR. HIP (AS I LIKE TO CALL HIM)AFTER A DISHEARTENING VISIT TO SCOI (SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ORTHOPEDIC INSTITUTE).I WAS TOLD THERE THAT I SHOULD COME BACK WHEN I WAS "NO LONGER ABLE TO WALK FROM THE BEDROOM TO THE KITCHEN." WHAT A DIAGNOSIS!!!AFTER LIMPING MY WAY THRU LIFE (AND A TRIP TO PARIS) I ASKED MY GP FOR A DIFFERENT REFERRAL. ONLY THEN DID I GET TO MEET THE MAN THAT CHANGED MY LIFE. I WILL NEVER FORGET DR. HIP WATCHING ME WALK AND SAYING "YOU CALL THAT WALKING?"I HAD MY FIRST TOTAL RIGHT HIP REPLACEMENT IN 2009. I HAD MY TOTAL LEFT HIP REPLACED IN 2011.I CAN'T, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, FIGURE OUT WHAT THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE ABOUT.I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS. AND SPEAKING OF WAITING FOR A DOCTOR, SOME THINGS ARE JUST WORTH WAITING FOR.THANK YOU, DR. HIP. YOU CHANGED MY LIFE.LIMP IN...LEAP OUT.

September 16th, 2012

EXCELLENT Dr

I want to highly recommend Dr Kevin EhrhartI am seeing him for ripped meniscus and arthritis.I read some reviews that seemed not totally favorable and I had seen him many years ago and felt he was good then and Im glad I went back to him to deal with my most recent issuesI have had only 5 to 10 minute waits. His office staff is really great and friendly.His assistant Tony was very nice and helpful and asked all the right questions.And Dr Ehrhart took his time with me to explain in easy terms what was going on. I have seen him twice and both times he spent a half hour with me.He is knowledgable, kind, and I totally trust his judgement because of those qualities.Yeah the parking is expensive. Many medical facilities are pricey. But if you go early you can possibly find some street parkingAgain I think Dr Ehrhart is awesome. I do not understand some of the previous reviewsSometimes the chemistry between a Doctor and patient is just not right. I have had issues with Doctors being arrogant and disrespectful to me wanting information. But this was so not the case with Dr Ehrhart.And as far as waiting time. I just have not had that experience at all.I can say with confidence go see him if you have an orthopedic issue.

August 28th, 2012

Terrible experience with Dr. Ehrhart

I am a highly unsatisfied patient of Dr. Kevin Ehrhart at Santa Monica Orthopedic Group. I begin seeing Ehrhart about one year ago for knee pain. Ehrhart fits the reputation to a tee of the type of doctor who is arrogant, emotionless and unhappy. He is not a people person. While he is in his early 60s and clearly knowledgeable, his knowledge does not appear to be any better than alternative doctors in the area who have the people skills that Ehrhart sorely lacks.I will try to summarize the following key problems with Ehrhart:1. He overbooks his calendar so the average waiting time to see him is usually an hour. When he finally sees you, he either gives an emotionless apology or no apology at all.2. He refuses to talk to patients over the phone. In order to speak with him, one needs to make an appointment which requires at least an hour of waiting and costs money.3. Often Dr. Ehrhart will not even see the patient, but instead Ric Campbell, Dr. Ehrhart's "physician assistant", who does not have a medical degree, will see the patient instead. Ric Campbell has on several occasions given me medical information that has contradicted what Dr. Ehrhart has told me.4. He is either lazy or overworked or both. I first met with Dr. Ehrhart about a year ago, and he didn't realize a very obvious cause of my knee pain until a follow-up visit almost six months later.5. The person who answers his phone, Patricia (not to be confused with his lovely office manager Ginger), is incompetent. She is incredibly difficult to reach and it can literally take days for her to come back to you. She is not very friendly and generally a hassle to deal with.6. Dealing with Dr. Ehrhart's office is incredibly laborsome. His staff is lazy. It often takes them weeks (or even months) to do things that should only take a doctor's office a day or two. For example, it literally took them two months to get an approval from my insurance company for a certain medication for pain. The magnitude of the delay was exacerbated by Dr. Ehrhart deciding to take vacation without addressing my medication before he left.7. He is bitter. As an orthopedic surgeon in his 60s, Dr. Ehrhart is a bitter man who seems to have had enough of his job. 8. Parking is very expensive. It costs approximately $9-10 per hour t o park in the medical building and the parking is billed every 15 minutes. Over the last year, I've made a significant financial, time and emotional investment into Dr. Kevin Ehrhart and the return on that investment has been terrible. My knee pain has not changed since seeing him. Dealing with his office has been incredibly stressful. My advice to anyone looking for an orthopedist is to look for someone else.