Dr. Kevin Franklin MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology San Antonio, TX

• Good
  • Bad

July 7th, 2016
He is an awesome knowledgeable physician. And he takes his time to with you and does everything possible to resolve any issues.

March 8th, 2016
Horrible office staff! Three weeks of calling several times per day and never getting a call back. Today I was ecstatic to have a computer sort my call to Dr. Franklins office directly. I was going to compliment the upgraded system but with out a word from the woman, was ringing to another woman with a nasty attitude. She DEMANDED that I explain why I thought my husband needed an endoscopy. He has a medical referral and is an existing patient who was just there for a colonoscopy a month ago. I begged her to PLEASE schedule an appointment and SHE didn't think it was appropriate! WHO IS SHE?! Dr. Franklin is an excellent doctor. Of him, I have high praise and no complaints. He will be hearing AGAIN about our shoddy treatment from his staff. He was interested the first time I mentioned it a few months ago, but the reason for the appointment was more important to discuss than his staff at that time.

March 31st, 2015
Unprofessional
The office staff is extremely disorganized and unhelpful. The receptionist is very hard to understand. If you have a question and need to speak to a nurse or have an Rx refilled, good luck. It's almost impossible to get ahold of anyone. I had to call and leave several messages over two weeks before anyone returned my call. I have seen Dr. Franklin numerous times and he was unable to help me. I was going to see him one last time because I am desperate and out of options. I am in pain and had an appointment scheduled for weeks, only to have them call me and say the appointment had to be cancelled and his next availability was almost 2 months out. I never leave bad reviews and like to see the best in everyone, but I've had it. I hope this review saves others from the frustration I've gone through.

February 13th, 2013
Hospital Stay
I had an awesome experience with Dr Kevin Franklin when admitted to Christi Santa Rosa. From the beginning, I could tell that he cared about me as a patient. Even when I was in pain, his bedside manners along with his smile brightened my day and gave me hope that I would be O.K. Dr Franklin displays a level of passion and commitment that is hard to find these days and I really appreciate his caring spirit. Testing begins immediately; he asks questions to make sure you understand what he is saying. Example: How do you feel today? I responded better but he encouraged me to tell him what the “better’ felt like. I really appreciated that because it really made me think did I feel better or was I just comfortable. Simple things like that make a difference in the lives of someone with a chronic disease. Dr. Franklin is highly recommended by me.

March 1st, 2012
Overall, Dr Franklin is a decent doctor, but there is a lot of room for improvement regarding followup with patients and effiency of his staff. After an EGD, my mother's throat was raw and bleeding. She had a cough that exacerbated the problem. Dr Franklin initially offered very little help with that and I ended up taking her to an ER. Three weeks after the procedure, she is still so hoarse, she can hardly talk. One of the radiology reports got "faxed to the wrong office" and was not available during our followup visit. Dr Franklin said he would call with the results and advise if additional medication was needed. That was 10 days ago and we still have not heard from him.

October 17th, 2011
Wish he was my regular doctor!
I was very pleased with the care and attention I received from Dr. Franklin. He seemed interested in learning everything about my situation and went the extra mile testing out different theories instead of making assumptions. He was never dismissive about my syptoms. I wish there were more doctors like him.

August 21st, 2010
Highly Recommend
I am 31 years old and have suffered from GERD since I was a teenager. Therefore I have seen numerous gastroenterologists. Dr. Franklin by far has been the most knowledgeble and responsive doctor I have seen. I appreciate that he listened and gave me time to explain my concerns. After testings and final results he was able to explain my diagnosis in a manner I could easily understand. I would definitely recommend Dr. Franklin for those who are are having gastric issues.

May 11th, 2017