Orthopaedic Surgeon
Orthopedic Specialists
27 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-527-2727
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Bait and switch  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

I really only saw Dr. Freedman once for my knee injury. The other two visits were handled by his physician's assistant who promptly attributed my pain with "normal wear and tear" despite the fact that I had an acute injury. The thing that really bothered me was the fact that I made the appointments with Dr. Freedman, and when I showed up for my appointments, I was only seen by his assistant. I think I would not have mind it so much if I was given a heads up about it. I would have also liked to be given at least the opportunity to consult with him when I didn't agree with the diagnosis.

|  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

Dr Freedman is an amazing doctor. He is very kind, personable and a good listener. I went to dozens of top doctors in the Philadelphia area and a few in New York City. All of those doctors would refuse to help me because I was too young for a joint replacement and would not think of other ways they could help. Dr Freedman tried to help me by taking a sample of my cartilage and growing it in a lab. He would then use the cartilage and place it in my joint. Unfortunately, I did not have cartilage to harvest. He then suggested a knee replacement. Dr Freedman was the only doctor that was willing to do the procedure regardless of my age. Since my replacement, I have regained my active lifestyle and more. I am no longer in pain and there are multiple days that go by that I don't even notice or think about my knee. Dr Freedman gave me my life back and I will be forever grateful.

|  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

Doctor did not spend even 5 minutes with us. He couldn't get out of the office fast enough. On last visit he took a 10 minute call. Will never go back to him.

|  I would not recommend this doctor.  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2010

My son had a lower extremity injury which was not correctly diagnosed by Dr. Freedman, despite of the typical symptoms. A meniscus lesion was noticed almost 2 months later after a late prescription of MRI and the final result was a surgery. Why Dr. Freedman did not think about the MRI since the first visits when my son had knee pain, locking, clicking, inflamation, crepitation, etc. that tell you about something wrong?Finally we chose another Dr, in UPENN which did the surgery, but my son has irreversible changes because of the late procedure.Dear Dr. Freedman every time you see a child or young patient think about your own child if you have or think about the professional treatment that you would like to receive if you are the patient. Every doctor do mistakes, that is a fact, but when the diagnostic tools are use in time you can avoid them.

|  I Would Never Recommend This Orthopedic Surgeon  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2010

I had been going to this doctor for 15 months during which time he never xrayed my hip though I was having pain and was limping. I just going for PT and getting cortisone shots. I finally went to the Rothman Institute where I was told I had severe osteoarthritis and needed s hip replacement. Dr. Freeman only spent about 45 seconds with me on each visit which was insufficient. I was very disappointed in him and his care.