Dr. Kevin Gill MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 12 reviews

November 8th, 2016
Great experience
I traveled several hundred miles, a little nervous but met a super nice dr who was very persnoal, took his time , wanted through testing before scheduling surgery, l will be back later and will definitely let Dr Gill operate if he chooses to do so

November 4th, 2015
Mr.
I visited him in his UT Southwestern office. I needed good surgeon to review my cervical MRI and give some advice since I was in constant pain. I thought he was good but He was not good enough to spend sometime to understand what is going with me. There was nothing he could offer after talking to him about 15 minutes. He sounded so arrogant. There was no follow up request or nothing. Waste of time and money.

July 22nd, 2015
obnoxious
Called to try and get information regarding his review of my mother-in -law's MRI so we could make a decision about back surgery. The receptionist was not at all helpful and even arrogant and condescending. She could not answer any questions and didn't even have access to the Dr."s surgery schedule. We don't even know if we will get a return follow up call. What a fiasco. Certainly hope the Doctor himself has a better attitude than his staff.

January 27th, 2015
Dr. Gill diagnosed my daughter with a bent tailbone after a severe fall on her tailbone. We opted for surgery after x-rays showed the tailbone was bent at an 90 degree angle. Before surgery, my daughter fell again, causing increased pain. We requested an additional e-xray after the trauma to see if tailbone was broken and Dr. Gill dismissed any need. He was overconfident that it wasn't necessary. After surgery, Dr. Gill informed us that her tailbone had indeed broken off in to pieces. He removed several pieces, but overlooked a piece of bone and it was left in the base of her spine. Over the next few months , my daughter experienced increasingly intense pain and pressure. We chose to go to another Spine surgeon at Baylor that we were familiar with and trusted. We did not return to Dr. Gill because of his arrogant attitude. This Spine Surgeon Dr. showed us tests that revealed a deep infected puss pocket at the end of her spine and she needed additional surgery to clean out area. Surgery was performed and it was discovered that Dr. Gill missed a piece of broken tailbone during his surgery procedure. My daughter needed to have this second surgery to clean out the area, remove the piece of bone and needed to spend 5 days in the hospital on strong antibiotics to treat the staff infection that developed b/c of the remaining bone piece. We believe that if an additional X-ray had been done as we requested, this could have been prevented. Dr. Gill did not listen to us or to our concerns. I would strongly recommend researching alternative spine surgeons because of our experience.

September 9th, 2012
Excellent and Caring. Top of His Field.
Dr. Gill is helping me with a painful ruptured disk. He is knowledgeable and thorough. He clearly explained my condition and the treatment options. His follow-up is excellent. Most importantly, he is passionate about helping his patients. He has a wonderful reputation among many Dallas physicians. I simply cannot imagine a better choice.

July 9th, 2012
We would highly recommend Dr. Gilland his staff and his staff to anyone that has back problems. He is very professional and he know his work!

April 13th, 2012
was not interested in what I had to say. discounted as a patient. Look elsewhere for a good doctor.

November 28th, 2011
Interested in himself
Never examined me.Doesn't listen.Can't be bothered with followup if more than one question.Has assistant sew up incision and handle followup questions.Charges the same for assistant as for surgeon.Does not instill trust.Why is he at Southwestern?

August 27th, 2010
Revolving door experience
Never took my paperwork. Glanced at the mri and was ready to schedule for surgery. Other complications of disorder, simply dismissed without acknowledgment. He didn't ask me ANY questions or examine me; was in examining room 5-7 minutes. Left feeling like a number/object, rather that patient.

June 7th, 2010
Best Spine Physician in the U.S.
I had a very complicated cervical disk operation performed by Dr. Gill. He is the consummate professional, and made me feel hope that my agonizing pain could be healed. I am now entirely pain free with no limitation of my functioning. I would recommend Dr. Gill to anyone.

May 5th, 2010
This doctor's surgery on my mother ruined her life. She now has chronic pain and nerve damage.Don't let it happen to you.

August 26th, 2009
A Human Being
Dr. Kevin Gill - has performed 4 back surgeries on me, they have not all worked, but not from a lack of trying. I think he is the greatest - most personable, and up-front doctor in the Ortho field. His office was very professional and you never have to wait, very prompt and a great staff.