Dr. Kevin Gitlin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kevin Gitlin?

8 Ratings with 1 Comment

January 19th, 2013

Best in Northern NY

I have been under Dr. Gitlin's care for approx. 15 years. I Have a severe form of rapid-cycling Bipolar I Disorder complicated with ADD. I have developed a very trusting and friendly relationship with him over the years, starting with the very first few appointments with him. His knowledge and use of effective medication management I feel is unequaled by any other psychiatric professional I've worked with over the 31 years I''ve been subject to this disorder. Before him I was totally unstable and he has effectively kept my severe illness more stable than any other Dr. I've worked with. Since I began with Kevin I've suffered episodes that have resulted in my having to be hospitalized due to the severity of my symptoms. He has acted all times to quickly adjust my medications to correct the emergent situation resulting in only brief stays at the hospital. In an emergency he has shown to be extremely reliable and accessible, being only a phone call to his beeper away. He has never failed me in any fashion. He has also shown that even though some episodes were severe, his stance was to use the hospital only as the very last result, and only when my family felt helpless in helping me. One thing that he seems to be particularly talented in is the way he works with the family to help them understand the illness, treatments and the important role of having them be a team of strong supporters and also the important role they play in monitoring the patient closely for signs/symptoms that may be detrimental to them. It has been important beyond description for me to know that when I have an emergency I have a Dr. who is available 24/7, who is an ultimate professional, has an extremely friendly manner that one cannot help but trust, is on top of my physical conditions as well as mental and has a staff of very friendly, patient and efficient professionals. Kevin has never let me down in all these years nor have I ever left his office in the hundreds of appointments with him feeling that I wasn't effectively and expertly treated by a very understanding and caring soul, one who not just wears the badge of Doctor, but one who is an extremely intelligent healer. If you have any psychiatric issues I will tell you in no uncertain terms that Dr. Kevin Gitlin is the absolute best Dr. to see. I hope there never comes a time when I am no longer able to access his caring ways.

October 29th, 2016