Family Physicians

930 Sunset Dr
Ste 3
Hollister, CA 95023
831-636-2664
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  AN X PATIENT OF DR, MENGELE!!!  |  show details
by LISA on Feb 15th, 2014

THIS DOCTOR IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 52 YEARS ON THIS EARTH!! I was forced to see him at the Hazel Hawkins Clinics in Hollister California. I say forced because I was on county insurance after loosing my job due to lost time from my chronic pain and migraines. He is inappropriate and unprofessional. He has made sexually inappropriate comments to me throughout my care with him. A doctor should not be telling you to "Pull your pants up before you get a boyfriend"!!! I was in such shock that a physician would say such a thing!! He was also singing around the office through the hallways after me giving him my urine that "Her pee is pristine,, Her pee is pristine",,,all the way to the reception desk and AT the reception desk within ear shot of the staff and other patients! He is arrogant, self absorbed and incompetent. After going to see him for chronic pain he placed me on narcotics. He tried pushing me to start taking methadone. I did not want to go that route quite yet because he had not tried any other avenues to try to make my actual condition any better other than to medicate me. No physical therapies, no alternatives between the drug I was on and the methadone. I would think there would be something in-between? He did not even do an MRI until six months into my care! His staff is incompetent also except for a "few" of the nurses. A year into treatment with this Dr. Mengele! He finally sent a referral for me to go to San Francisco for a consult with a neurosurgeon. After two months of chasing down the referral MYSELF, IN PAIN!! I find out that they sent it to the wrong department. I thought I had it straightened out but I have yet to hear from San Francisco!! 4 months later and when I asked him about it he said "Oh,,Really, You should call them about that!!" AND THAT WAS IT!!!! This has not been the only referral I have had to chase down through them. The few that he did make anyways. The last and final straw was when I had to go to the ER because the pain pills were not helping and I woke up crying in pain. I had a scheduled appointment with him that day at 4:00 to renew my prescriptions. I was released from the ER at 3 and went to my appointment early. They took me in at the appointment time and I waited an hour until 5 when a nurse came in and said that the doctor would not see me that day because Medi-Cal would not pay for two medical visits within the same day! IT TOOK THEM AN HOUR TO FIGURE THAT OUT??? Which I later found out was UNTRUE!! after calling Medi-Cal myself So here I was in extreme pain with no medication (that are narcotics that have withdrawal symptoms when stopped abruptly) to help and he would not be able to see me for two weeks!!! I can only now imagine if I were to have taken the Methadone what type of predicament I would be in!!! He has also told SSI that I am NOT permanently disabled, But HAS filled out my state disability for a little less than a year. SSI requirements are disabled for a year or more. Considering he had done nothing to make me any better I believe I had a long way to go in being able to return to the heavy highway construction job I have done for 25 years!! THANKFULLY I now have straight Medi-Cal which allows me to go to Stanford Medical Center and I had already set up for them becoming my new General Practitioner.This was to be my last appointment with Dr, Mengele.I am left now with no pain medication and I'm in extreme pain and now thanks to him going through withdrawals the hard way!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!! HE IS INCOMPETENT!!!! DO NOT TAKE ANYONE YOU CARE ABOUT TO HIM EITHER!! ONLY IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THEM SUFFER! THIS JOKE OF A PHYSICIAN HAS NOT HEARD THE LAST OF ME, I CAN TELL YOU THAT!! BEWARE OF HIM!! p.s. I would have given NO star but the site would not let me.

|  vitals.com is not very accurate.  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2012

I am Dr Herrick, and am stunned at the misinformation about me on this web page. the number of years in practice, my medical school, even my practice location are all inaccurate. Please, as you look for a good family doctor, please seek out friends and associates for their recommendations. Look for a doctor with whom you feel comfortable. Do not be afraid to go to several and see how you feel before settling on one. It is your healthcare...take charge. Thank you to all of the Mountain for the years of support and trust. My children and I are well in northern California, but we miss you all and our mountain home. Best wishes.

|  tt  |  show details
by tt on Mar 3rd, 2009

Very nice and caring person.

|  old fashioned doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 27th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This doctor is very good. Very little wait time in the waiting room. He is very thorough and talks to you about anything that is a concern. ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
Dec 14th, 2008

He is available only every other week. Alternate weeks are covered by his Physicians Assistant. Follow-up is very poor.