Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Finally a Doctors Who listens and cares show details Finally a Doctors Who listens and cares
by Crystal J. on Mar 29th, 2016

My family and I (after 20yr's in the USN), came home to AZ. This is my Husband state, I never lived here. To the point, I have quite a few medical problems, and was worried about leaving my Doctors. However, my sister recommended Dr. Houlihan, and I couldn't have asked for a better Doctor, I can even go as far to say, he is in the top 3. I can't count how many times I have been pushed aside, with 20 prescriptions, an charge $100 , just to wait to see a doctor who I have never seen, doesn't know my issues, looking through papers ignoring me.... You get the point. So, if you live in AZ, and need a great Doctor, I suggest, "Pentical Family Health Group. All the staff is wonderful, but if you can manage to get an appointment with Doctor Houlihan, I suggest giving him a chance. (Please note this is my personal opinion, and everyone's views and experiences are different).

Jun 4th, 2015

Dr Houlihan has been our whole families dr for almost 12yrs...he is a WONDERFUL dr ...however he left his practice at Estrella Mountain Medical and we followed him to Pinnacle Family Medicine and this place is horrible, can't get ahold of anyone on SEVERAL different occasions trying to make appt's, leave messages no calls back ever. Verified from old office they sent over all records by disk of our family TWICE, and Pinnacle still says can't find. I have signed 2 releases prior. Can't get in for appt's even when CAN get ahold of them. Cancelled appt did have once, had to leave message since no one answered and said to leave message, then message said box was FULL so could not leave message...option for another message line, left message to cancel an already scheduled apt and to call back with confirmation they received my message (since I know how there is NO communication in this office)...2 days later, no call back. Called them again and after being put on PERMA-HOLD again...finally asked if apt had been cancelled and of course it had not been as suspected. Typical. In the last 40yrs of my life I have never seen such a poorly run office, such lack of communication as well as obvious incompetence of staff members. LOVE Dr Houlihan, he is the best...but a dr is only as good as the staff under him. We are all leaving him after 12yrs..went back to his old office. Old office says about 50% of his patients have also complained about Pinnacle and have come back to them. Do yourself a favor, AVOID this place like the plague.

The Ultimate Skilled Compassionate Professionals!!! show details The Ultimate Skilled Compassionate Professionals!!!
by David and Avi Kragness on Jun 25th, 2008

In the 8 years I've been going to and taking my Daughter to see Dr. Kevin Houlihan, We have never once had a bad visit in any way, rather relief and immediate resolve. Dr. Houlihan is a consummate Professional with Great Compassion, Superb Medical Skills and Kindness beyond the Profession. Dr. Houlihan's Staff is excellant as well and Lydia, his Medical Assistant is a Wonderful Nurse and an extreme asset to his team of Compassionate Healthcare workers! My Sister and Brother-in-Law now go too him as well and have the same opinion of all in the office. For those looking for the Best, you can go straight to the West(West Valley that is), and you will find him at your behest!!Yeah for the Avondale Office and Thanks for the Many years of Superb Medical Care:-)