Dr. Kevin Dean MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 2 reviews

November 29th, 2010
BEST doctor in the tri-parish area
I've been sick all my life with genetic diseases, so you can imagine how many primary doctors and specialists I've seen. Doctor Dean was the first doctor in my LIFE who actually listened to me, had no trace of arrogance or conceit, spent enough time in the room to discuss more than one health problem per visit, the list goes on and on, so I'll make it a list!Staff is friendly and chatty (enough to put you at ease, never to annoy you)You feel like you're part of their family, it gives you confidence they will take better care of you - and they do!They remember your name, your kids' names, your husband's name, what school your child goes to... like I said, family!Dr. Dean will not hesitate to correct you on old wives' tales or outdated information (like 99 degrees is NOT a low grade fever - it isn't a fever at all!), but he does it in a way that doesn't make you feel put down or disrespected. You can easily tell that he informs his patients of these things because he cares about them and just doesn't want them to spend time worrying when there is no need to. This is the only doctor's office where I have never felt ANY of the following:Like I'm a faceless chart numberLike I'm a drug seeker just because I'm in painTalked down toNeglectedLost/confusedWhen the doctor and his staff talk to you, they look at you - imagine that! So much better than when they write in the chart while asking you questions in a disinterested monotone. I just can't say enough about Dr. Dean or his staff. After nearly 30 years of "normal" doctors and staff members, I was so fed up I wasn't even receiving necessary basic care anymore (I risked that rather than deal with the rude robots). Now I am healthier, because I no longer put off seeing the doc for as long as humanly possible. If you live within 30 miles of him, you should be seeing him!

September 1st, 2010