Neurological Surgeons
3400 Spruce St
Fl 3
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-662-7854
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by Wendy Hasara on Aug 30th, 2013

Dr. Judy is a great doctor with terrific bedside manner. He fully explains everything, does an excellent job with surgery and follow up. He visited me every day I was in the hospital in addition to his assistants. He shaved as little hair as possible and made as little incision as possible. he encouraged cleanliness to avoid infection and my recovery was quick and painless after removal of my meningioma. I would recommend Dr. Judy and his entire staff to anyone. listen to what he tells you and avoid the Internet. The Internet was scary, but what he told me was accurate!

|  great surgeon but not a 'people' person  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

great surgeon and did fully remove the tumor from my husbands brain. Answered questions in first consultation but after that he could barely be bothered. He flat out didn't answer my questions and you hardly see him in the hospital. office visits at least an hour behind schedule every time. Just don't expect much follow up from him and you'll be good.

|  HORRIBLE bedside manner  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

My daughter was under his care in the hospital and it was absolutely cruel in his manner. She was in severe pain and Dr Judy just said there was nothing he could do for her. He sent in a resident to discharge her. It turned out she had meningitis, which was diagnosed by another doc.

|  A Angel in disguise  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

Dr. Judy has been caring for my husband for many years. My husband was diagnosed with Von Hippel Lindau disease at a very early age and when he needed surgery on his brain for cysts that are forming of tumors Dr. Judy has been able to take out the cyst and keep my husband alive. I could never ask for a better more caring surgeon that Dr. Judy. I will always be eternally gratful for what he does for people

Apr 28th, 2012

Dr. Judy is one of the best surgeons. My brother had a rare brain cancer and the docs in our home state just wanted to do a partial removal of the one tumor. Why bother? We came up to Penn and dr. Judy explained everything and answered all of our questions. I would highly recommend him.

Feb 24th, 2012

I was very disappointed when I found out he left U of PA. I looked him up on the internet and found he was at Jefferson. I am in need of a follow up visit and was extremly happy to know that I could see Dr. Judy again. He is great and makes you feel very comfortable in a scary situation.

Nov 18th, 2011

after relative had brain surgery he spent little time wiht us explaining anything. first evaluation took 15 minutes. Visits in the hospital under 3 minutes. Ask him a question - he barely answers you. He may be a good surgeon - but lousy bedside manner.

|  You saved my mom!!!!  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

U removed a very rare tumor from my mom Dianna Linn in January 10,2005....thank u so much God Bless you Dr. Judy. Nina Linn Williamsport, Pa

May 17th, 2011

I love Dr. Judy. He has treated both my Mother and Mother in Law for brain tumors. He has a wonderful personality and is very knowledgable. His bed side manner is second to none and he really cares for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Judy and Alicia his assistant. Jefferson Hospital has picked up a true winner.

Mar 10th, 2011

He Is a fantastic surgeon!

|  Saved my wife's life  |  show details
by Steve and Lynn Crouch on Jan 7th, 2011

by good fortune , when my wife had seizures enroute to NJ, she ended up in the care of Dr. Judy. Within 3 days she had brain surgery that removed 100% of a very large anaplastic astrocytoma tumor (3). Although she has short term memory loss, she is alive and we are enjoying her with us. Couldnt ask for a better surgeon and doctor.