Family Practitioner

8900 Clay Hibbins
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
by C on Aug 20th, 2013

Dr Kallal is very smart and accurate, very fun, and very courteous. His staff have sometimes been too new and needed experience, but always very courteous, smiling, and helpful.

|  Thank you Dr. Kallal!  |  show details
by Carole Tornrose on Jul 15th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Kallal's for years. He has changed my life by finding solutions for long-standing problems that had been wearing me down, causing me to not care about my health, happiness, and future. Instead of automatically reaching for an antidepressant he did some searching, thinking, and testing, finding hidden physical things that, once solved, caused me to regain energy, alertness, and abilities. I am now 71 years old and enjoying life more than I have in years! Thank you Dr. Kallal!

|  Wonderful Service  |  show details
by Tricia on Mar 1st, 2013

We just visited the office today with our four kiddos. The staff was so sweet and helpful and Dr Russell was very knowlagable and gentle with my little son who needed quick attention. We were in and out in a few minutes..that is important with 4 kids under 6. I just want to say thanks to everyone for their quick response to our needs. I am very happy with the level of service they showed our family. Thank you all so much!

|  Arrogant and impatient  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2013

I saw this doctor for 5 years. After I left, and found a new doctor and discussed some of the exams and outcomes. They were sad for me, because I had unneccesary testing and stress due to his mannerisms. He is the know all end all, and will not listen to patients. When I was diagnosed with double pneumonia, he made it seem as if I had a third world disease before the diagnosis was known. He asked his nurse to leave the room in case I had something fatal. I was scared and crying, because of his actions. Rather than treat the patient, he sent me to the hospital where I could 'get the care I needed' when I questioned how he was going to treat me. At the hospital, they gave me a breathing treatment, and was told to go home. It was confirmed as pneumonia, in which he did give me antibiotics. He also recommended me to a specialist for lap band ... I am 20lbs overweight.

Apr 17th, 2012

I've been using Dr Kallal for 20 years and have always been very happy with him and his staff.He's very caring, ask questions, listens to me and spends as much time as needed for each patient.His staff has always been friendly and courteous, The office is spotless and in a great location.If you are looking for a caring and brilliant dr you should go to Dr Kallal.

|  Worth the wait, think "House"  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2010

Not prompt, but very thorough. Runs late because he takes the time to really cure the problem instead of just giving medicine. I have gone to him for many years. He cured me of a problem that several specialists did not. He kept working until I was well. Think Doctor House. If you have a medical problem go to Dr Kallal. If you want someone to hold your hand, go to a counselor.

|  No bedside manner or courtesy for patient  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2009

I was happy after 3 previous visits when I saw the PA at this practice and when I became ill I called and was able to get a same day appointment. It's downhill from there. After being courteous and arriving 10 minutes early, I was seen to an exam room where I waited for 1 1/2 hours. The doctor finally came in briefly asked why I was there to see him then began reading my answer of his chart. Every time he asked a question he talked over me answering it himself and just flat out ignoring me. Since I work in a corrections environment dealing with detainees from various 3rd world countries, I asked about the possibilty of H1N1 and was told that he will not test because the county health department will not test his serums if they do not fit certain criteria. When asked what the criteria are (non-confrontational), he ignored me and walked out of the room leaving his nurse to answer any other questions I may have had.Overall impression: Dr. Kallal is a pompous, arrogant, jerk, who believes he has all of the answers before he asks the questions. He never asked about my work environment, exposure risks, or any other variables that mayhave made my flu test "Acceptable" to the county. He did write a prescription for Tamiflu though "just in case" as his nurse put it.No bedside manner and treats everyone like they are stupid. Treats his nurse like a transcriptionist. He made no notes of his own and did not even pause long enough for me to give a thorough response.

|  Expect to wait for 30 minutes, at least  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2009

After they weight you, they take you to a room, then you are left there for 30 to 50 minutes, one time took him more than an hour to see me. If he leaves the room, he will take another 15 to 20 minutes... annoying!

by Plymouth on Dec 2nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

I have been with Dr. Kallal for over 5 years. I am now in the process of looking for another primary care physician. The business has been going down hill, especially since he moved into his new office. I have had him write several referral which in some cases I never received unless I called the office and told them. In one particular case I waited over 6 months for a referral, I just wanted to see how long it would take. I not for sure whether Dr. Kallal should be held responsible for this or is it just a horrible staff of nurses and office aids. I think the nurses drop the ball a lot in his practice and the staff is less than professional. I have had test done that unless I call them for the results I never get them. I believe this to be very unprofessional and lazy at best. Maybe Dr Kallal is unaware, but I would tell him to get a clue as to what in going on in his place of business. He use to have a very efficient staff, (in his old office building) but now they are all gone except for Sharon, who I will always adore and have great admiration for her when she worked in the front office. As a doctor I give him an B as for his staff I give them an F-

by S.O. on Nov 25th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Myself and my husband have been to dr. kallal a few times now. There was 1 visit that I had to wait longer than I would like. However, the other visits were fantastic. My husband and I both work in health care and are very understanding of the over population of patients in health care. We understand that sometimes you have to wait.|I feel dr. kallal is a talker, but we find that to be great. He explains things very detailed so that you hopefully will have all your questions answered. We like details and the truth, I don't want to have to think of all the questions myself. He is very respectful, fun, and knowledgable. He is optomistic and yet honest. it's unfortunate that other people don't realize the in's & out's of health care. He does his best to manage his patients and says to hell with insurance guidlines (as much as possible). There are still things he can't get around, but his efforts with my insurance company was well noticed!!!|I highly reccomend Dr. Kallal!!!

Sep 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I do not know what all these other people are talking about. I have Gilbert Syndrome. (Look up what it is all my other doctors do). I have gone to him a couple times now. I will agree that one of the visits I had to wait longer than I thought I should but

Sep 5th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I visited Dr. Kallal earlier this year and my spouse visited last month. Dr. Kallal seems to be a nice guy but he needs to learn to listen rather than talk. He does so much of the talking that he does not hear what your basic needs are. I have had to wait

May 15th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I first went to see Kallal in 2003 and was a patient until the begining of 2008. The reason why I started going to his clinic is that it was rated very highly on "Time Management". I like many others, do not have a lot of time to spare. over the years it