Family Physicians

2740 N State Highway 360
Ste 100
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
972-606-8300
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  54 year old professional, Mother, Grandmother  |  show details
by Terry McPeters on Nov 22nd, 2013

I always have the best experience every time I have an appointment here. Although I have not had much to complain about, I have noticed that they strongly adhere to the customer is always right policy and if anything goes wrong make every effort to correct the situation. They were absolutely amazing and make others in the same field look like beginners. I've been other places that left me unattended for quite awhile, but not here. They would never leave me unattended and they always go the extra mile to make me feel cared for. I don't think I have ever been put on hold here for a long time and am so impressed with how quickly all of my questions are answered. There's nothing worse than having to wait on hold for a half an hour just to get someone to talk to you. Not only do my appointments never get canceled last minute, they take time out of their day to send me a reminder so I don't forget. They are extremely reliable. I have been using this great Doctor since 1995 I believe, I have been sickly my entire life and I have crossed many Dr. paths Kevin Katzen is beyond a doubt the very best Doctor I have ever seen, The most caring professional God has ever created! Bless him and all of his staff and Shawn a Nurse practisioner is a gift from God as well. They are the Best!!

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Tonya Alexander on Jul 16th, 2013

I have been a a patient of Dr. Kevin Katzen for almost 12 years. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He takes the time to make sure you understand your illness and offers different remedies to resolve the issues. I am so GLAD i choose him for my PCP....

|  Excellence in care  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2013

I have gone to Dr. Kevin since he first joined his brother in his medical practice (almost 20 years ago). I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is caring, compassionate, funny, and extremely intelligent in delving into one's personal and environmental health. I have recommended him to friends who love him. His demeanor makes his patients feel that they can relax and be well cared for.

|  ethics and responsibility  |  show details
by gregg ballatore, sr. on Feb 12th, 2013

my son was a patient of the family md. kevin katzen. Kevin diagnosed my son with severe psychiatric disorders. Kevin immediately prescribed anti-depressant, blood pressure, sedative, and anti-anxiety medicines, follow-up and access to his staff. As a parent, i was happy my son was receiving the necessary treatment. Over the last 90 days my son has a rough time adjusting to the medicine, and the disease to no fault of kevin. However, Greg had an emergency and was ambulanced to JPS. The physician at JPS adamantly warned against the type treatment kevin was applying and implied that he was not qualified to treat and prescribe these pharmaceuticals. I dont know why JPS would imply or lie. My son and I agreed on one thing, we want him well and safe. greg and discussed it and agreed that he was comfortable with kevin, especially after his last visit, on or about 1/30/13.The acts of kevin and staff members as of today, february 12, 2013 is my motivation for this critique, and my now relentless pursuit of an answer or remedy of the JPS physicians claim. The following facts are simple of which by the way it sequenced. katzen doesnt care even knowing the ramifications, I have no doubt hes covered legally, but ethically,or responsibly,. What happened? katzen has prescribed the anti-anxitety, highly addictive drug xanax and regularly since their first meeting. greg missed an appointment today, he thought it was wednesday. Katzens staff member informed greg that katzen has dropped greg as a patient, but referred a psychiatrist.. My son called the dr, who informed him to go to JPS or MHMR, and that he would not see him, even though he can pay. Greg called kevins office and to say heat least needed his regimen of the anti-anxiety medicine as his two week supply was low. the katzen staff member said they would not prescribe it, and in the same breath advised he needs to get it somewhere quick because with out it or a proper "weening" he could suffer seizures or death. So whats my problem?, First, a missed appointment is my sons responsibility, until this mis- hap he has been consumed with his desire to overcome this debilitating disease, and has taken sole ownership of it. Can this "dr" seriously make the diagnosis he did, commit to a action/follow up plan, gain the "buy-in" of his patient (my son) and then drop him him over a missed appointment to start over knowing serious nature of his condition, and advise him he could die without the medicine quickly. I find it unacceptable,unethical and irresponsible. Im getting this message out to all of the appropriate agencies, private, govt. to initiate an investigation of ethics and qualifications.

Dec 21st, 2011

Dr. Kevin Katzen is a superior family practitioner who really knows his stuff. He is concerned, courteous, caring, friendly, patient, knowledgeable, attentive and honest with an efficient well-coordinated staff. He has been my primary care physician since 2004, and I have always recommended him to my friends. His new facilities are state of the art, providing excellent spacing and a very comfortable atmosphere. Access (off of State Highway 360) and parking are extremely convenient.

|  Old Fashioned Values...In a Good Way  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

I'm constantly amazed at the interest Dr. Katzen takes in my health care. He has a level of concern for me and my well-being that I would normally expect from a friend. I told him just today that I look forward to coming to see him because I always leave with a renewed sense of well-being.

|  Excellent Dr. for our whole family  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

Dr. Kevin is thorough and intuitive, very good at diagnosing underlying issues and solving problems, honest, generous with time, and has a fun sense of humor. Our whole family sees him, in fact he has become like family to us. Highly, highly recommend.

Jun 30th, 2011

Have been with Dr. Kevin Katzen since he started in Grand Prairie. He has always given the best treatment, and very personal in dealing with me and my family. All I have refered to him the referals seem to always continue to use him. His facilities are even beter today than before. You can't go wrong using this doctor.

|  Wouldnt change  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

I have been seeing him for about 15 years through some really bad times and great times, and he is always patient caring and understanding. I driver about 30 miles. I a am sure there are competent doctors closer to me, i feel so comfortable with him would not change for convenience

by One of his faithful patients on Feb 17th, 2011

Dr. Kevin Katzen was recommended to me by a family who has gone to him for years. I would not go to anyone else after having such a pleasant experience with Dr. Katzen. He allows you to be comfortable and takes alot of time talking to you to resolve any issues you are having. I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone interested in finding a new doctor.

Mar 1st, 2010

Dr Katzen has really given great care and he's very persistent at determining the underlying issue. I've been very happy with him in the three years I've seen him