Dr. Kevin Kinback MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Mission Viejo, CA

3.8

August 9th, 2016
Very impressed with the genuine concern Dr. Kinback expressed in treating our family member with serious psychological issues. He went above and beyond what was expected, taking time to explain various treatment options and best medications. Highly recommend!

June 22nd, 2016
My experience with Dr. Kinback has always been very positive. I have been his patient for 10 years. I will agree that you do spend more time in his office than you might with other doctors, but that is because he genuinely cares about his patients. He doesn't charge you more to spend time with you. So I see that as a positive rather than a negative. If you want to just walk-in grab your prescription and quickly walk back out, Dr. Kinback probably isn't a good fit for you. I started seeing him when I lived in Irvine, but 4 years ago moved to Santa Clarita. I have not been able to find a doctor who cares about me as much as Dr. Kinback, so I'm willing to drive the 180 miles round trip to remain his patient. Everyone one is looking for something different from their doctor. But if you are looking for someone who truly cares about you and your well being and not how much money he is making, I recommend you visit Dr. Kinback.

May 26th, 2016
In appreciation of Dr. Kinback and his staff.
Dr. Kinback is an outstanding psychiatrist who I recommend without reservation. He listens to my issues, explains alternative treatment options and their pros and cons (not always just medications) and works with me to find out which options are best. He is thorough and keeps up with the latest research.

September 19th, 2015
STEER CLEAR!!!!!!
Kinback is the kind of doc that gives psychiatry a bad name. He could not remember anything about me even though I was a regular patient. I told him I got my Associates Degree. After that, every session he would ask me how AA was going and I would have to remind him it was an Associate of Arts degree, not Alcoholics Anonymous. I finally suggested he should spell it out on his laptop since he could not remember his own shorthand. Kinback was ALWAYS late. I would even take the very first appointment of the day and he would show up 30 to 45 minutes late and think giving me lots of prescription samples would make up for it. He had a sign in his waiting room stating that anyone showing up late would be charged for a session and have to reschedule. Patients would comment that he should be held to same consequence since he was chronically behind schedule. He would ask who was next in the waiting room and then call the person by the wrong name as they were going into his office. I would tell him adverse side effects about meds he prescribed me, and instead of changing meds he would just increase the dosage. Kinback started showing up in wrinkled suits, looked like he was sleeping in them, and would hide junk food behind stuff on the bookshelf when I walked into his office. He put on 50+ pounds in a few months time and looks heavier now. STEER CLEAR of KINBACK unless you like being treated like a depersonalized tool whose time is not valued and concerns are ignored. By the way, I left Kinback and went to a family doctor who changed my diagnosis. Gone is the extra weight, comatose feelings, and other debilitating side effects. Kinback should have his license revoked.

July 27th, 2015
Patient
Dr. Kinback is an extremely kind and caring physician. He is very thorough, addressing my anxiety and depression issues in a caring, supportive and highly knowledgable manner. I feel so fortunate to be under his fine care!

March 1st, 2015
A concerned expatient
I saw Dr Kinback for many years and at first he seemed caring and attentive. After ahile he became arrogant and acted as though I was a child. He was not attentive to me, was rushing me and seemed to look down on me when I asked questions. Very condescending. When I informed that I slowly wanted to get off the medication and he was no help at all on how to to this. It was an awful experience for me as I had to go to another Dr. I felt like I was having a heart attack. I called his office and got no response. I felt that he was very belittling toward me and very uncaring. I would not recommend this Doctor

March 12th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr Kinback for a few years and although most visits have been acceptable my visit today was not OK. He asked me several times the same question he had just asked me. He wants to be helpful at times but the one thing that is a real problem with me is billing issues. I will not tolerate someone who has been doing this a long time that charges me a $35 for a no show fee when it was his own offices new system and I did not get a call. He even admitted that he switched systems but yet still would not remove the $35. Apparently his normal fee is $75 and he said he had to code the system in some manner to remove the fee. I thought he removed the entire fee but he chose to just reduce it but yet still charge me for something that was not my fault. I am going to pay the fee but most likely will not return. If I choose to keep getting help I will find someone who can figure out their billing system and not penalize someone who did not miss an appointment for anything other than the fact that his office systems were not working properly. That is not OK with me.

September 27th, 2013
Incompetent and rude.
Please seek the help you need, just don't get it from him.

June 2nd, 2013
Lighten Up
Dr. Kinback has been my physician for more than 5 years. Yes, he is a little quirky, but very professional. He is extremely thorough and is very quick to help get you back to a functional level. I appreciate his honesty, understanding, and care. Give the doctor a chance. The past bad reviews are unfair; lighten up and be open to learn something new about yourself. Sometimes the truth is hard to hear.

May 30th, 2013
all your help is appreciated
I would definitely recommend Dr. Kinback to my friends. He is very caring and knowledgable in his field of practice.

May 30th, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr. Kinback treated me for serious depression following my earlier bout with cancer. He immediately and correctly diagnosed the problem, prescribed the right meds which immediately got me "out of the woods" and onto a path of total recovery within a few months. I have since visited him regularly, and he has always been prompt, professional and courteous with me. I do not understand the comments below about Dr. Kinback being condescending, as that is simply not his nature. As far as alcohol and depression go, the bottom line is that they do not mix -- if somebody thinks that they can continue to drink and treat depression at the same time, they are as delusional as somebody who thinks they can successfully diet while still regularly eating donuts. When I had my depression, I forced myself to go "cold turkey" and have realized that even slight alcohol consumption has the potential to bring back the depression -- it's not anybody being "judgmental" but rather a statement of hard clinical fact.

May 7th, 2013
STAY AWAY
Very bad manners, swings on his chair like a two year old, repeats himself dozens of times, makes you think you are addicted to everything (from vitamins to alcohol - I drink once or twice a week socially), treats you like you are mentally challenged, constantly questioning what you tell him... If you're looking for a doctor for depression or anxiety and you want to feel even worse this is probably the right place. Otherwise STAY AWAY!