Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 9th, 2016

Very impressed with the genuine concern Dr. Kinback expressed in treating our family member with serious psychological issues. He went above and beyond what was expected, taking time to explain various treatment options and best medications. Highly recommend!

by PS on Jun 22nd, 2016

My experience with Dr. Kinback has always been very positive. I have been his patient for 10 years. I will agree that you do spend more time in his office than you might with other doctors, but that is because he genuinely cares about his patients. He doesn't charge you more to spend time with you. So I see that as a positive rather than a negative. If you want to just walk-in grab your prescription and quickly walk back out, Dr. Kinback probably isn't a good fit for you. I started seeing him when I lived in Irvine, but 4 years ago moved to Santa Clarita. I have not been able to find a doctor who cares about me as much as Dr. Kinback, so I'm willing to drive the 180 miles round trip to remain his patient. Everyone one is looking for something different from their doctor. But if you are looking for someone who truly cares about you and your well being and not how much money he is making, I recommend you visit Dr. Kinback.

In appreciation of Dr. Kinback and his staff. show details In appreciation of Dr. Kinback and his staff.
May 26th, 2016

Dr. Kinback is an outstanding psychiatrist who I recommend without reservation. He listens to my issues, explains alternative treatment options and their pros and cons (not always just medications) and works with me to find out which options are best. He is thorough and keeps up with the latest research.

STEER CLEAR!!!!!! show details STEER CLEAR!!!!!!
Sep 19th, 2015

Kinback is the kind of doc that gives psychiatry a bad name. He could not remember anything about me even though I was a regular patient. I told him I got my Associates Degree. After that, every session he would ask me how AA was going and I would have to remind him it was an Associate of Arts degree, not Alcoholics Anonymous. I finally suggested he should spell it out on his laptop since he could not remember his own shorthand. Kinback was ALWAYS late. I would even take the very first appointment of the day and he would show up 30 to 45 minutes late and think giving me lots of prescription samples would make up for it. He had a sign in his waiting room stating that anyone showing up late would be charged for a session and have to reschedule. Patients would comment that he should be held to same consequence since he was chronically behind schedule. He would ask who was next in the waiting room and then call the person by the wrong name as they were going into his office. I would tell him adverse side effects about meds he prescribed me, and instead of changing meds he would just increase the dosage. Kinback started showing up in wrinkled suits, looked like he was sleeping in them, and would hide junk food behind stuff on the bookshelf when I walked into his office. He put on 50 pounds in a few months time and looks heavier now. STEER CLEAR of KINBACK unless you like being treated like a depersonalized tool whose time is not valued and concerns are ignored. By the way, I left Kinback and went to a family doctor who changed my diagnosis. Gone is the extra weight, comatose feelings, and other debilitating side effects. Kinback should have his license revoked.

Patient show details Patient
Jul 27th, 2015

Dr. Kinback is an extremely kind and caring physician. He is very thorough, addressing my anxiety and depression issues in a caring, supportive and highly knowledgable manner. I feel so fortunate to be under his fine care!

A concerned expatient show details A concerned expatient
by Anonymous on Mar 1st, 2015

I saw Dr Kinback for many years and at first he seemed caring and attentive. After ahile he became arrogant and acted as though I was a child. He was not attentive to me, was rushing me and seemed to look down on me when I asked questions. Very condescending. When I informed that I slowly wanted to get off the medication and he was no help at all on how to to this. It was an awful experience for me as I had to go to another Dr. I felt like I was having a heart attack. I called his office and got no response. I felt that he was very belittling toward me and very uncaring. I would not recommend this Doctor

by Jeff Uding on Mar 12th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Kinback for a few years and although most visits have been acceptable my visit today was not OK. He asked me several times the same question he had just asked me. He wants to be helpful at times but the one thing that is a real problem with me is billing issues. I will not tolerate someone who has been doing this a long time that charges me a $35 for a no show fee when it was his own offices new system and I did not get a call. He even admitted that he switched systems but yet still would not remove the $35. Apparently his normal fee is $75 and he said he had to code the system in some manner to remove the fee. I thought he removed the entire fee but he chose to just reduce it but yet still charge me for something that was not my fault. I am going to pay the fee but most likely will not return. If I choose to keep getting help I will find someone who can figure out their billing system and not penalize someone who did not miss an appointment for anything other than the fact that his office systems were not working properly. That is not OK with me.

Incompetent and rude. show details Incompetent and rude.
by Olivia on Sep 27th, 2013

Please seek the help you need, just don't get it from him.

Lighten Up show details Lighten Up
Jun 2nd, 2013

Dr. Kinback has been my physician for more than 5 years. Yes, he is a little quirky, but very professional. He is extremely thorough and is very quick to help get you back to a functional level. I appreciate his honesty, understanding, and care. Give the doctor a chance. The past bad reviews are unfair; lighten up and be open to learn something new about yourself. Sometimes the truth is hard to hear.

all your help is appreciated show details all your help is appreciated
by Leah Latifi on May 30th, 2013

I would definitely recommend Dr. Kinback to my friends. He is very caring and knowledgable in his field of practice.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Jay D. Adkisson on May 30th, 2013

Dr. Kinback treated me for serious depression following my earlier bout with cancer. He immediately and correctly diagnosed the problem, prescribed the right meds which immediately got me "out of the woods" and onto a path of total recovery within a few months. I have since visited him regularly, and he has always been prompt, professional and courteous with me. I do not understand the comments below about Dr. Kinback being condescending, as that is simply not his nature. As far as alcohol and depression go, the bottom line is that they do not mix -- if somebody thinks that they can continue to drink and treat depression at the same time, they are as delusional as somebody who thinks they can successfully diet while still regularly eating donuts. When I had my depression, I forced myself to go "cold turkey" and have realized that even slight alcohol consumption has the potential to bring back the depression -- it's not anybody being "judgmental" but rather a statement of hard clinical fact.

STAY AWAY show details STAY AWAY
May 7th, 2013

Very bad manners, swings on his chair like a two year old, repeats himself dozens of times, makes you think you are addicted to everything (from vitamins to alcohol - I drink once or twice a week socially), treats you like you are mentally challenged, constantly questioning what you tell him... If you're looking for a doctor for depression or anxiety and you want to feel even worse this is probably the right place. Otherwise STAY AWAY!

Condescending comments to me show details Condescending comments to me
by Julie McCoy on Apr 19th, 2013

I went to Dr Kinback for help with my anxiety/ depression. He took a thorough history and physical and spent a good hour on my first visit. He would always answer his emergency pager promptly even after hours. The thing that angered me was during conversation I told him my daughter was going to nursing school and he said "are you sure she should do that, look how you turned out!!" I was so hurt by this comment and was in a very vulnerable position any way. It was very unprofessional. I also was trying to taper off one of my meds and he didn't give me any kind of schedule as to how to do it. It was a benzodiazepine and I had horrible withdrawals, but he didn't help me in a slower taper plan. I always had to wait at least 30 mins for my appointment too.

Stay Away! show details Stay Away!
Mar 29th, 2013

What I found is that anyone else is better than this very self righteous, intimidating doctor.

I don't agree with bad reviews show details I don't agree with bad reviews
May 7th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Kinback (Dr. K) for years now. He did the most complete evaluation of all the doctors I have seen. When I had questions, I hesitated to use the emergency #,but he called me quickly after hours and even a holiday weekend. My last doctor didn't even call me after 3 days! I disagree with the other reviewer, as I am also female and Dr. K was very empathetic. The first visit, we had to cover a lot complicated history, but the doctor listened to me and outlined several treatment options and helped me pick. He recommended therapists both in and out of his office and again gave me the choice. I missed my first followup appointment, and his front office called me a few times to reschedule, and he was nice enough to drop most of the missed appointment fee. I have sent 1 friend and 1 family member to Dr. K so far, and after 2 years, I really trust him.

Funny and caring show details Funny and caring
Dec 6th, 2011

Dr Kinback has been very helpful in treating my anxiety. He switched me to a medicine that works better for me and adjusts it accordingly. CVS has messed up my prescriptions a million times (I am no longer using CVS) and every time Dr. Kinback and his staff has solved the problem asap. His staff greets you as soon as you walk in and lets you know if the Dr is running behind.

Outstanding Doctor show details Outstanding Doctor
Nov 5th, 2011

I just wanted to say that Dr. Kinback is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. Outside of diagnosing my issue right on the money he also is always trying to get me to quit smoking and is concerned that I have my regular checkups and procedues done at my primary Doctor. How many doctors go above and beyond even what they are treating? I have a sister-in-law that I also referred to Dr. Kinback and she drives all the way from Glendale CA just to see him because she had some other doctors that she did not like. Since she has been going to Dr, Kinback she is a new person. I read some of the negative comments and how can you call a doctor a quack that you have bever even seen. The only issue at all is the wait sometimes but that is consistent with great doctors that have many patients and spend the time needed with each patient to guarantee their success with his treatment. Take it from my Top Notch Psychiatrist.

Love Dr. Kinback show details Love Dr. Kinback
Oct 18th, 2011

No one is more professional, more supportive or more knowledgeable in his field. Dr. K has gotten me through some rough times, most recently related to a job change. Have worked with him over the course of three years. Love him. Would highly recommend his services!

May 21st, 2011

I have been with Dr Kinback for over 5 years now and would highly recommend him. He has been kind, compassionate and professional.I have suffered from depression for a long time and Dr Kinback has helped me get my life back on track.Thank you, Dr K.

May 18th, 2011

Sometimes there is a wait but that is not unusual for dr.'s offices. Once I get in to see Dr. Kinback, he always takes the time I need and appears to be thorough in his questions and procedures.

He is a great doctor show details He is a great doctor
Apr 15th, 2011

I have been to psychiatrist for the past 10 years and He is the one who is been able to manage my bipolar II the best. He is old school in a very good way. He will spend time with you and listen to your symptoms. I am very satisfied with him and he has been very patient with me. I only wish I had met him much earlier.

Dr. Kinback is Professional and Caring show details Dr. Kinback is Professional and Caring
Dec 23rd, 2010

Dr. Kinback is both Professional and Caring and an expert in his field. I have been a patient for two years now and my progress in this time has been substantial. I would recomment Dr. Kinback to my family and friends. He listens!!!

Happy with Kinback! show details Happy with Kinback!
by Lyndee on Dec 6th, 2010

Dr. Kinback is a very professional, educated and helpful doctor. I have been a patient of his for 4 years now and cannot be happier.

Don't waste your time. show details Don't waste your time.
Nov 13th, 2010

Inattentive (left the room multiple times to check on other patients). Also didn't listen, asked questions and then asked more while I was still in the middle of my answer. At one point he actually gave me legal advice. Rude to his staff and the office was shabby and unprofessional. On the opposite page though, his staff is very nice, particularly his nurse.

by G on Jun 19th, 2010

Dr. Kinback is a doctor that can help you change your life for the better. He is a person who you will remember as an ally. Dr. Kinback is both specific and time-effective. During each appointment, he will take the time that is necessary for you to know that your issues have been heard and addressed.

Personable and Caring show details Personable and Caring
by Pamela on May 16th, 2010

I have been Dr. Kinback's patient for 4 years. I have always found him to be very professional, very personable and genuinely concerned about my overall health and wellbeing, unlike other psychiatrists I have seen. It is always easy to get an appointment and without a long lead time. I would happily recommend Dr. Kinback to any family or friends in need.

Apr 30th, 2010

I've been going to Dr. K for 5 years and have always been treated with caring and respect. Treatment under his care has enabled me to enjoy and maintain excellent well-being which is of great importance to me and my family. I would recommend Dr. Kinback without hesitation.

I trust Dr. Kinback show details I trust Dr. Kinback
by Janine Carver on Mar 31st, 2010

I first saw Dr. K two years ago when I was falling apart due to depression after a divorce. He has remained my doctor for these past 2 years and I am happy to say that I no longer suffer as I was and my depression has been curtailed due to this doctors reccommendations and constant attention to my issues. He is a doctor that I absolutely trust. I feel grateful to have found a doctor like this.

WONDERFUL NEW TMS TREATMENT show details WONDERFUL NEW TMS TREATMENT
by gina on Mar 30th, 2010

Dr worked me in after hours for special tms treatment. he really worked hard for me, and I appreciated it a lot. he always responds to phone calls promptly.

Tina show details Tina
Nov 15th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Kinback for five years now and find him easy to talk to, positive, and good at follow through. I would recommend him to others.

Great at diagnosing,follow up, knowledge of all current meds and how to apply them with the proper diagnosis show details Great at diagnosing,follow up, knowledge of all current meds and how to apply them with the proper diagnosis
by Bill Sellers Jr on Aug 1st, 2008

I have been with Dr. Kinback since 1996 with major psych,ptsd,depression & major head trauma issues. Through his kindness,understanding,and above all his ability to listen to you and observe. this is where he is head and shoulders above the rest. He truely diagnoses correctly and with his vast knowledge in the psych pharmasuticals he really allows his patients to function once again. And doing so knowing that they have a doctor that cares about them and follows up with them. You will never be on your own. I owe my entire functional existance to Dr. Kinback's professionalism. YOU CAN'T PICK A MORE COMPETENT DOCTOR.

Great Doctor Care show details Great Doctor Care
by Katie on Jun 19th, 2008

I have to disagree with the negative comments posted by. My experince with this doctor has been very positive. Yes last year Dr. Kinback moved his office and had minor construction for awhile. Being organized is as everyone knows,is a natural part of a major move. As far as the staff being unprofessional; I have been a patient of Dr. Kinback for years I have never had a negative experience. It is clear to me that the person who wrote the negative feedback is probably a negative person accross the board.