Dr. Kevin Kunz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 29th, 2012
Dr. Kunz helps people who are addicted to medications. These often are prescribed by their doctors. That doesn't mean it is good for you. Sometimes the changes in your brain after taking these medicines in turn cause more pain. Dr. Kunz explained this well. The people who rated him poorly obviously don't understand this or might even have other agendas.

April 20th, 2012
People smart and sincere, knowledgeable, no nonsense Doctor
I do believe its difficult to find a Doctor with as many good qualities as Dr. Kunz. I find him to be an amazing person and only wish I could learn more from him. Do not go to Dr Kunz if you are trying to "put one over on him" he will find out your weakness like a heat seeking missile. My son started on prescription drugs at parties while in high school, heartbreaking years of ups and downs, mostly downs, while I still struggle to understand the path to recovery Dr kunz experience cannot be denied. A Dr. that gives you insight if you are willing to make the effort yourself.

January 22nd, 2012
Total Lack of Caring and No Objectivity
My experience with Dr. Kunz was very similar to the other reviewer that gave him a very poor rating. I was referred to Dr. Kunz as a "good pain specialist". I went to see him after my other pain specialist had retired. I suffer from several herniated discs secondary to a severe case of scoliosis and prior injuries. I have had multiple prior surgeries and before I ever saw Dr. Kunz, I had been prescribed pain meds by a certified pain specialist for over five. On my first visit and all subsequent visits with Dr. Kunz, I typically had to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 40 minutes, sometimes longer. His staff is extremely rude, uncaring and unprofessional. Then, after having to endure these lengthy wait times and rude staff members, Dr. Kunz immediately took the position (before he even interviewed me) that I am a "drug addict" because I had been taking pain meds under the care and guidance of a certified pain specialist for over five years. When I attempted to ask him a question about whether he had looked at my x-rays and MRI scans, he literally screamed at me and told me in no uncertain terms "to shut up, it was his way or the highway". From what I gathered from my meetings with Dr. Kunz, he starts off with a preconceived notion that anyone that takes any form of pain medication (regardless of their condition or pain level) is an addict. No ifs and/or buts. Your actual medical condition and pain level doesn't matter to him and you are not allowed to ask questions about your condition or his planned course of treatment. Rather, you are expected to shut up and blindly follow his orders without question. I honestly believe Dr. Kunz is this way because he also holds himself out as an "addiction specialist" and his primary clients are apparently hard core street addicts. However, he definitely has little to no tact or bedside manner. He would do himself and his legitimate pain patients a huge favor by NOT advertising or holding himself out as a "pain specialist" because he is anything, but that.

January 13th, 2012
I was refered to him by my pcp. I went to my first appt and waited almost 2 hours to see him. Once in the office appt was about 10mins long. He was supplied with ALL of my medical history, including a complete hysterectomy at 27, colitus, cronic diabetes, liver malfunction, and a recent gull bladder surgery... and he called me a "drug addict" for taking my PAIN meds givin to me by my DOCTORS for PAIN. Go figure.

November 22nd, 2010