Dr. Kevin Mays MD Patient Reviews

January 20th, 2016
Sue this guy for malpractice
Things went good for couple years then I got laid off from a job and frantically searching for where to go in my life. I guess I was too much of a pain in the a$$ for him so he sent me a Dear John letter releasing me from his service. He got me hooked on Xanax and the withdrawal was life-threatening. Despite his efforts - I still survive.

June 1st, 2015
Simply The Best
I had seen 3 Psychiatrists prior to Dr. Mays. I am extremely sensitive to antidepressants and had a reaction, it seemed to everything I had tried in the past. Dr. Mays listened well and got me on a routine that has worked well for years. He is kind, empathetic and very smart. I trust him immeasurably!

May 12th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Mays for several years now and I can say with certainty that his is #1 in his field!! His Major in college I was told was Pharmaceuticals. That in itself is Great for me because he has been able to "tweek" my med's so that they most effective. I must say, about myself, that I am a hugger. It took me a little while before I tested the waters, but then one day I gave him a hug and he gently hugged me back. That might not mean much to some people but it meant the world to me!! Awesome Doctor, Amazing Results, ect.. You should defiantly consider him as your Physician!!!

April 27th, 2015
Good doctor
Listens well, very educated in field, prompt, great communication system

February 24th, 2015
Best Psychiatrist in KC
Has help myself and my family immensely. Listens very well and hears what you are trying to convey.

April 21st, 2014
A wonderful doctor and a great man...the very best
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. May's for 9 years and he is the very best of all things one looks for in a mental health professional. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind & caring, and he takes time to listen and provide constructive feedback. In all these years I have only had to wait longer than 5 minutes for my appointment one time. I am also a patient of Dr. Mays and can't recommend him as a Dr. highly enough. My daughters case is very complex and Dr. Mays has bent over backwards to meet our needs even if I called late in the evening and had to have him messaged.

May 22nd, 2013
Very helpful
Dr. Mays is a kind, compassionate doctor who listens and asks all the right questions. He makes helpful suggestions and he's different from other doctors because you can tell he's really listening and will help you any way he can. "Bedside manner" isn't a good enough word to describe his practice because he really cares about his patients.

February 1st, 2012
Dr. Mays is very good at what he does. However, it took (him) his office 4 days to return a call and this is the SECOND time he changed medications AFTER I filled a prescription (due to the delay in returning the call). This last prescription cost me over $300! Time to move on ...

December 15th, 2011
Doesn't Care, never returns calls
I can't get him to return my phone call. Frustrated!

December 11th, 2011
patient since 1996
I have been a patient of Dr. Mays, since 1996. I 100% trust his accuracy in diagnosis as well as medication to use.

September 12th, 2011
very good care
Dr. Mays is a very smart doctor. He listens and then explains how he thinks is the best way to help you. In the beginning he likes to see you frequently, and then after improvement fewer appointments are necessary. He's always available 24/7 and I love that.

August 24th, 2011
Patients don't matter to Dr. Mays.
Dr. Mays' methodology for alerting patients that they need to see him is to deny their prescription refill requests and hold them hostage to their illness until they pay him. No alerts of refills remaining. No calls about the need to schedule an appointment. He just waits until his patients are out of medicine and in crisis. When he does see us, he only asks one question; How's the medication working? We say fine and he writes his name on a new prescription. For this service he charges $180 a visit. My son is currently out of medication and Dr. Mays will do nothing but offer to schedule another visit. No regard for the urgency of the situation nor the patient. We're looking for a new doctor and suggest you look elsewhere.