Overall Review

April 13th, 2016
Mc Cathy fan
Dr. Mccarthy is pleasant, low key and easy to talk to. I think he is very competent, he listens then does his examination and discusses his findings and impression of issues. He either treats your condition or refers you to a specialist as necessary. He is a refreshing change from my previous doctor who was always ready to prescribe more meds. I am very glad I changed doctors and would recommend Dr. McCarthy.

January 13th, 2016
Dr. McCarthy is amazing! He is a man of few words, but the few are wise and compassionate. He is a good man and a fantastic physician.

April 17th, 2013
judgey
I have been going to internal for about 5 years maybe 6 and I am happy to say that I have found a much better practice. There is a reason why piedmont internal medicine is fast in getting in patients...as a nurse colleague of mine puts it, "it's a cattle run." They get you in and spit you right back out. I have had misdiagnosis with two doctors, one of which landed me in the hospital due to my throat swelling literally shut because they are not thorough. I switched doctors and had Mccarthy for a while. I felt like he judged me. Don't get me wrong, he was always polite and willing to hear my concerns but I got the impression that he thought I was whiny I guess is the adjective. It got to the point where I loathed going to see him. My health issue was recurrent sinus infections. Nothing was helping nor working and the more my face ached like a grown man backhanded me as hard as he could, the more he would throw antibiotics "try this, try that" or say "come see me, next time we'll do an xray on your sinuses." 5 appointments later, $100 not including med cost, and nasal steriods 4 antibiotic cocktails later I was tired of not being heard, tired of being a test zombie, tired that the problem was not going away despite voicing concerns, JUST FED UP. I researched a new doctor that had great reviews and switched. After one compassionate appt, instead of a new antibiotic he felt that it was allergies. He was spot on. 1 month of taking 2 allergy meds per day and I feel like a new woman! The point i'm trying to make is that only YOU know what your feeling. Trust your gut. I ignored mine until the last minute. No doctor should ever make you feel that you concerns are not valid or important enough to address. In another note, the whole place seems depressing. The staff while polite and courteous, look like they're sad to be there. The place gives off a bad vibe.