Dr. Kevin Mccomsey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 16th, 2016
Recommend! A+
Dr Mccomsey is very knowledgeable and kind. Spends time listening to and answering my concerns - I've never felt rushed or like any of my questions were silly. Good beside manner. Polite and friendly staff. Easy to make appointments and get in to see him in a reasonable time. Highly recommend.

January 18th, 2015
Worth the 5 Hour Trip!!
I'm a Labor & Delivery Nurse in Southwestern Michigan. I've had a couple Medical Issues that have landed me at Cleveland Clinic which require numerous return visits. When I DID have a GYN Concern, I decided to seek a Consult from a Cleveland Clinic Doc. Why not?? I really didn't want to go to one of the OB/GYN's I see at work every day. I did a LOT of research on different Online MD Search sites and "Chose" Dr McComsey. At first I didn't tell him I was a Nurse or that I had 25 years of L&D Experience. I didn't want that to influence my care/treatment. He did a very thorough exam, asked many questions and answered all of mine. I Never felt rushed and felt he took more than adequate time with me. At the end of the visit, I did tell him I was a nurse and where. I think he was most surprised that I drove 5 hours to see him!!! I ended up having Surgery and so far, almost 3 weeks Post Op, everything is going well. My husband and I appreciated that before and after the surgery, he would actually get down on my level, eye to eye, to talk to me. I don't like that feeling of being in a hospital bed just to have a doctor stands there.... talking and looking down at me!!! (although, that might just be a "nurse" to doctor thing...) In the OR, he noticed that I was a little anxious. I'm usually the one in scrubs, NOT the one on the table!!! Once again, he came to my side, squatted down, held my hand and just talked with me as I drifted off to sleep. I spend a LOT of time choosing a Physician, and once again, I found one who was Perfect for me and Worth a 5 Hour Trip!!

December 11th, 2014
Fantastic!
He is an amazing Doctor and would recommend him to anyone! He is very thoughtful and really cares about his patient's. I have been seeing him sense I was 14 and now 23 and through out the years he has been very helpful. I respect him very much! He is absolutely fantastic!

July 17th, 2013
Simply The Best!
AMAZING doctor!!! VERY caring, spends a great deal of time with me, makes sure all my questions are answered, will not proceed with any treatment without making sure I am fully aware of all my options and what he will be doing. He has done several surgeries for my endometriosis, and was very thorough with my Husband during the post-surgery synopsis. In one year, I am moving out of state.... I fully intend on flying back to Ohio for my ob-gyn visits... He's THAT good. HIGHLY recommend!

May 26th, 2011
Dr. McComsey is hands down THE best ob/gyn I have ever seen. He spent a great deal of time with me at every visit. He was very thorough and delivered my first child. He did numerous surgeries for my endometriosis and when he would visit me in the hospital he always genuinely cared. I would reccommend him to anyone in the area and have in fact sent him at least 4 patients.

January 23rd, 2011
Dr McComsey has delivered all three of my babies via C-section and I would not trust anyone else! I moved before my third pregnancy and drove over 45 min because I refused to have any other doctor! He is the best! He treats me like a friend and always sits down to answer my questions and has a great sense of humor.

January 1st, 2011
kind. and caring. answered all my questions. made me feel comfortable.

December 28th, 2010
Great doctor! Finally a doctor who listens!
I have been seeing Dr. McComsey for a little over a year. My previous 2 ob's were more concerned about shoving pills down me than getting to the source of my problem. Finally after seeing Dr. McComsey, he recommended a hysteroscopy and a d&c. Funny how he found my uterine septum which was the source of my infertility for the last 5 years! He is very caring, follows up and always call me back if I need him to. He's awesome!

September 3rd, 2010
Disappointed
He didnt listen to anything I said, he would say he's calling in prescriptions but wouldn't and at the same time didn't want me to come in to possibly figure out what was wrong. I eventually had to switch doctors to get anything accomplished. It didn't seem like he cared, you're just another dollar to him.

July 20th, 2010
Completely not certified to be an ob/gyn. He ignores phone calls, does not follow up, does not listen, DOES NOT CARE.