Dr. Kevin Merkes MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Poway, CA

3.6

March 12th, 2013
Spouse of patient
Lately have been very unhappy with the office staff. His nurse Nonica does not return calls. My husband had a test of his arteries done, we had to call and ask them to please call with results, end result Dr. Merkes gave exact time he would call my husband, we waited no phone call- my husband calls the next day and he's off. Terrible f/u.. leaving patients feeling more stress than they already are.

February 18th, 2013
Patient Experience
Very focused and responsive to our needs. Although I was not his patient at the time he took the time and effort to personally call forward to another physician to begin immediate treatment with an ophthalmologist for shingles that had involved my eye. The problem could have cost me my sight in that eye had it not been for his prompt action. Took the time to see my wife for a bee sting that had developed into a cellulitus infection and she was not his patient at the time.

February 18th, 2013
Patient Experience

January 18th, 2013
Mr.
Patient for over 5 years. I come prepared with a written list of issues/problems. Gives appropriate time for every item and listens carefully. Goes the extra mile for more difficult problems. The best doctor I've had over the years.

November 5th, 2012
Great Dr.
Very concerned and caring. He does not rush you in and out.

November 5th, 2012
Great Dr.
Very concerned and caring. He does not rush you in and out.

February 22nd, 2012
Ignorant of many basic medical facts!
And he gives a very rough rectal exam, then acts surprised when you report discomfort. Does not know basic information about medicine interaction or artificial chemicals in food well-known to most laymen. Very tardy at appointments.

February 22nd, 2012
Ignorant of many basic medical facts!

June 25th, 2011
Dr. Merkes is always concerned about me as one of his patients. He always spends time asking about my general well being, stress levels, exercise routine...etc. I am sad to say I have to change doctors, because of my new insurance. I will miss Dr. Merkes.

June 25th, 2011

May 20th, 2011
So many things to tell...
He was previously the doctor for both me and my wife. We have since left his, um care. From mis-diagnoses to inappropriate follow up, I could spend a day writing up the reasons to avoid him. The last thing to leave you with is that for some unexplained reason, when you leave his office, he charges you a special fee to transgfer your medical file. Sounds illegal. Any attorneys out there care to take this one up?

May 20th, 2011
So many things to tell...