Overall Review

2.1

September 18th, 2015
Bad practice
We made an appointment with Dr Powers for my wife at their Bedford location. When we drove down there from Bloomington, we were told that they did not have our information and that our appointment was earlier that day; it was not. We rescheduled the appointment for the next week and we arrived just on time. As soon as we arrived, we let them know that we need to fill out some paperwork; they said ok. They waited fifteen minutes to get back to us and said we should have arrived fifteen minutes earlier to do the paperwork. We told them we have been waiting there for that amount of time and if they gave us the paperwork, we could have done by now. They wanted us to come back another time. So that meant two trips for us half an hour drive each way wasted. I do not think they need any more patients because they just don't care. They could easily see us in both of those occasions. We do not recommend Dr Powers based on our experience.

July 31st, 2015
Terrible
Horrible attitude and heartless. Worst experience I have ever had. Avoid him at all cost. It's bad when you are asking for medical advise because you are concerned about your health and he becomes snappy and is rushing you off the phone. If you have more important things to do, then don't be an on call Dr point blank period... Smh.

June 8th, 2015
BEST DR IN RICHMOND
I have been seeing Dr. Powers for about 2 years. I am not a Dr kind of person meaning I hate to see them and don't like needles and lots of medicines. Dr Powers always takes his time with me, gave me pointers on things to do to prevent gout flare ups which is the issue I was having. He finally got me on the right dosage of daily pills which he wrote for a full year instead of making me come back again and again just for refills. He is down to Earth, talks to you in terms you can understand and always answers any questions we may have. I have been sending lots of friends and family to him and will continue to do so.

April 24th, 2015
Horrendous Service, Very Uncaring, Flippant, Unresponsible
I asked them to call in a prescription at noon. The nurse said they would call it in. I work out of town. I went to pick it up as soon as I got back into town. It wasn't there. I called Dr. Powers (on call Doctor). He said they don't call in prescriptions after hours. To use something OTC. I told him I am allergic to the OTC medicines. He said you will need to go to another doctor or come in on Monday. Very caring. I am so impressed. I also let him know that we would be changing doctors. This was a very simple request that should have been able to be completed without attitude. DON'T GO HERE. These people suck and should not even be licensed.

March 12th, 2015
First time patient
This was my first and last visit with this awful dr! Very arrogant and eager to get out of the room! It was a very bad experience Never going back Very disappointed

January 16th, 2015
I was a patient of Dr, Powers for several years. The ONLY reason I changed to another doctor was that we changed insurance and he wasn't covered by our policy.

October 1st, 2014
DO NOT SEE THIS GUY
I agree with some of the other reviews. He is arrogant, will not listen and I will never see him again. When I go I ask for anyone but him. I can't stand tha man and when I see him in the office I just ignore him. Due to his behavoir I took it upon myself to go see a specialist and then found out I had 2 bone bruises from a wreck. I think he thought I was not seriously in pain and wanted just the drugs. If he had accurately review my chart, he'd know I wasn't there for that. Avoid this guy at all costs.

March 6th, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr. Powers is extremely knowledgeable and has always known exactly what has been wrong with me. I have been his patient for 10 years now and he has always been right on the money. I wouldn't see anyone else. He is sometimes rushed because of the nature of the practice, but it's great just being able to walk in and be seen. People who complain about time spent should consider this fact too.

April 16th, 2012
Insurance mill. Little care for patient

September 24th, 2011
Very Pleased
I have been very pleased with Dr. Powers during the 2 years I have been a patient

April 4th, 2011
Quick to write a prescription to address symptoms, doesn't get to root problem! Patients beware as prescription can (in our case did) have worse long-term imacts

July 26th, 2010
Too busy to fully listen to my problem- in a hurry to leave room. I was told that he would refill my prescription if needed,however I was instructed to make another office visit when I called.