Dr. Kevin Ferguson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 15 reviews

December 9th, 2014
Staff
I agree regarding the staff. They act like they are doing you a favor and have a bad attitude on top of that. (I quit seeing a primary doctor that I liked because his nurse was incompetent ) Sylvia holds that place together - extremely caring and helpful. I had crisis a few years ago and every psychiatrist's office told me ther was a 2 week wait for an appointment. This made my anxiety unbearable. A counselor told me to call Sylvia whom I already knew from years past. She was able to get me in to see Dr Ferguson and he has been treating me for about 5 years. Very satisfied other than the rude staff.

July 24th, 2014
client for 20 years
I have been getting psychiatric care for 33 years. Dr. Ferguson for 20 of the 33. Also, have worked in the field of Mental Healthcare during these years. I know many psychiatrist professionally. I have been a patient of a few. I give Dr Ferguson 5 stars overall. He is excellent at medication management and stays current on treatments and new medications. He can and will if asked, tell you how different meds and treatments work. Example: a light box for seasonal affective disorder helps the body make certain chemicals that the brain needs. He will also tell you that treating mental disorders is not an exact science. What works for one person is not the same for every person. I like that honesty in my Dr. People should keep in mind that Drs' work with what you tell them, they can't follow you 24/7. Prepare for your appt, make a list of problems and issues, as with all drs' time is limited. What makes a great Dr is a great patient. I must say that Sylvia is the Jewel at his practice and helps keep him a 5 star Dr.

March 10th, 2014
I'm a drug addicted because of this Doctor.
I have been seeing Dr. Ferguson for 15 years. Since i was a child he has put me on every possible drug you can think of. There have been times where he has had me prescribed to as many a eight different drugs at once. Which seems excessive considering my diagnosis is bi-polar. He has never order up any blood test which is standard protocol when you take drugs like lithium. I'm addicted now to anti-anxiety meds for the simple fact that i have them had pushed down my throat for 15 years. His staff is extremely rude and always have been. The only kind person in his office is Sylvia. Dr. Ferguson himself isn't rude but, he just doesn't have time, you go in his office for 10 mins and that's it. I still continue to go to this doctor for the simple facts about insurance and that I'm completely addicted to the large doses of anti-anxiety meds i have received for years. I have not been able to lead a normal life and i feel allot of that comes from taking the meds since i was a 15 year old child not having a fully formed adult brain. I feel the drugs have put a huge damper on my life and how i'm able to deal with and process almost any emotion. Scaring!

February 7th, 2014
Patient
I think Dr. Ferguson is the most caring and concerned Dr. that I have ever seen. Of all the Drs. I see in any specialty, he is the best. I too agree with everyone else's reviews about his staff. They are rude and have no time for you. For this to be a mental health facility, you can't force a smile out of anyone at that office except Sylvia (who I greatly appreciate), and Dr. Ferguson. However, Dr. Ferguson has taken care of me, quickly diagnosed me and got me on the meds I needed. I will deal with the rest just to see him.

August 29th, 2013
Best Dr. and Office Manager but worst Staff
I suffer bipolar depression. I have been seeing Dr. Ferguson for over 20 years. I think he and his office manager Sylvia Champion are the greatest. Sylvia has gotten in touch with Dr. Ferguson even when he was out of town and I received a call from him. I well agree as mentioned in above reviews how bad his staff is. When problems arise with his staff I bring it to his attention and it is taken care of immediately. His staff is terrible. I have well been taken care of thru the years between Dr. Ferguson and Sylvia Champion.

July 21st, 2013
ex-patient
Worst office staff I have ever tried to deal with. I was dismissed, after being a patient for over 10 years, because the staff was leaving appointment times on my phone during work hours for the same day and time that I was working and then saying I missed appointments. Horrible experience.

July 1st, 2013
Absolute worst staff on the planet. Unavailable and rude.

October 25th, 2012
Dr. Ferguson is a wonderful doctor, howeverthe office staff is so rude. They do not conduct themselves in a proffesional manner. I think they completely disregard the hippa law.They are not discrete when speaking with patients.

October 9th, 2012
The office staff are extremely rude. The Dr will tell me to call whenever I need an appointment and they will work me in because of my school schedule because I don't live in town, and the secretary gets very rude with me and tells me that they don't do that here. He is a fantastic Dr, but his office staff needs to be let go and get some people that are nice to the patients.

August 14th, 2012
scheduling appts
Rude/aggressive staff answering calls for new patient visits, gets no new patients!

August 6th, 2012
Not Good
This Dr Requires all patients to volunarily violate their HIPPA by forcing them to disclose their reason for visiting him to a third party DR before he will give them an appointment. As his staff explained it is not an insurance requirement it is a Dr's policy. It sounds like a way to force an extra Dr Visit, thus putting additional medical costs in the pockets of the health care "Professionals". His staff is rude and very unhelpful. If you do call this office be prepared to call and leave 6 or 7 messages before you are called back, if you are ever called.

January 3rd, 2012
Office staff and Operator
The office staff is rude and unhelpful. We have been calling for 2 weeks about my daughters medicine and have been hang up on, sent to a answering machine, and not been called back. I myself have call 3 times, my husband 2 times, my daughter 1 time and the Pharmacy has called and faxed information. When we go in to the Dr the office workers are short and abrupt. I would take my child to another Dr but my child is comfortable With him. My child has been without her meds for 2 days, I'm sure the Doctor has no clue this is going on but will be informed next visit.