Dr. Kevin Renfree MD Patient Reviews

4.7

• Good
  • Bad

June 11th, 2017
Knows what he's doing but.....
He sends in a resident to talk to you and then dashes in at the last minute to speak to you based on the resident feedback. It's as though he thinks he's too busy and important to actually lower himself to do the exam. Felt like I had to almost beg him to actually examine my hand in order to see what the issue was and the residents didn't always know much about how to examine my hand. I had one ask me what I meant when I said my thumb was "triggering". If I have to tell you....there's a problem. She then didn't properly examine for pain where the issue was so reported to him I was pain free until after me pointing to where I had pain and he finally touched the exact spot that she should have known to check. Had surgery with him & he didn't bother to see me prior to going to or being draped in the OR. Tried to ask a question before "he" finished sewing me up and turns out he had already left the room and a resident was sewing me up. I had no idea what to expect post-op because they made it sound like it was a nothing surgery. 5 days later and I've still got terrible swelling and inflammatory pain and had to go to the internet to see whether that's normal or not. Terrible patient care delivery and "bedside manner".

September 12th, 2016
Mrs.
Dr. Renfree diagnosed me quickly and was very personable. I needed an AC joint surgery and RC tear repaired and he did a great job.

July 22nd, 2016
Excellent surgeon. He always seems rushed when I see him, but I trusted him explicitly when it came time to do the trapezectomy on my left hand and then 3 years later to do the same surgery on my right hand. Both times I had very little post surgery pain with minimal swelling.

April 24th, 2016
Accurately diagnosed my condition via xray and questioning me about my symptoms. Follow up at the hand therapy department was not satisfactory. The woman who fitted me with hand splints, gave me splints that were inappropriate and not only did not help, but made my hands feel worse than they had. On a positive side, Dr. Renfree's staff worked very quickly to get me seen again for further treatment and appropriate splinting. Great responsiveness by his staff.

May 6th, 2013
Great Doc
Excellent doctor with great bedside manner.

April 12th, 2017