Dr. Kevin Rufner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 20th, 2015
I like Dr rufnur cuz he explains everything to me what's wrong I give him a 5 star an I get an appointment right of way with him he's a great Dr

July 2nd, 2014
Do not go to this doctor
I am beyond disappointed in this whole office and in Dr. Rufner. My first appointment seemed promising. Dr, Rufner was on time, the staff was friendly. He was willing to work with me on holistic approaches. He seemed to have lots of theories on why my abdomen was hurting but that is normal, who could tell with just feeling. The next visit was disappointing to say the least. The appointment was for the Tuesday after a Monday holiday. The staff screwed up the appointment and listed me as a no show even though I showed up 15 min early to the given time. They could not get me in and there was no accountability or apology, they blamed me. I had to come back the next day at lunch. I waited for 45 minutes for Dr. Rufner to come into the exam room. When he came in I gave him a list of the symptoms I have been experiencing for the last year, a history including that my mom was just diagnosed with a rare cancer of the small bowel (stage IV) and said I was worried because our symptoms have mirrored each others for years. He said it was not likely but would run blood work. He also apologized and said they had lost or been locked out of my chart and could not see anything from my first visit. Because he was so late to the appointment I had to leave and come back a third day in a row for blood work to be drawn. My husband and I came back that third day and asked that they waive the $40 co-pay (the principle). The front desk person said no, blamed me again for missing the first appointment, had nothing to say for the second appointment where we waited for 45 minutes. She went away and the nurse came to get us for blood draw. My husband stood in the hall because he did not want to watch and overheard the front desk person and office manager talking about us! She even mimicked my voice and made fun of us for having the audacity to ask not to pay a co-pay. When I called to solve things with the office manager she said my husband must have misheard (placing the blame on us yet again) and I was sure to have a better experience next time. Fast forward a month, I have still not received the most important (to me) test results to see if I have heightened markers for the cancer. I have called the office 8 times (finally at my wits end due to waiting for so long). the week before last Dr. Rufner's assistant said she was sorry and had not received the test results back, she said she would call Quest and call me back that day. I never heard back. I called last week. Same exact thing except when I reminded her she had told me all of this previously she said "oh yes, we are just missing a 72 hour urine test we have all the blood work". I was never told I needed this. She then said she and Dr. Rufner would call me back with in 30 min. I never heard back. This morning I get a call from someone asking me what Quest I would like to go to for the urine test. I explained again that I don't know why I need this test and that I really needed Dr. Rufner to call me back and give me the results of the first tests and explain why for this next test. I guess you have to call multiple times a day to get any information on the $900 worth of tests they ran. I called again at noon and left another message with Dr. Rufner's assistant saying I was now over this whole process and want my records. I did not hear back and called again at 2:30. Finally got a hold of her where she informed me they lost results and they needed to be re-drawn to which I raised my voice and said "what?! My insurance was charged $900 for the tests!". She then back tracked said it was just the urine test they need and said again she would have Doctor Rufner call me. Dr. Rufner, I am still waiting on that call from a month ago to tell me whether I have markers for cancer. I am still waiting to be told why you need another test and why I am just now being told a month later that is the test needed. To everyone reading this: Do not go to this Doctor, he will not follow up with you and the staff will talk about you behind your back.

November 12th, 2012
I had a colonoscopy which I had been putting off for too long. Dr R was very professional, caring, and honest about the possible outcome. He called me as soon as he had received a preliminary lab report so that I would not worry over the weekend. The office staff was very competent and reassuring. I could not have asked for a better experience.

August 15th, 2012
I had an EGD done by this doctor about a week ago. I had conscious sedation however it did not work. I struggled because I could feel the scope and it hurt dreadfully. I was trying to tell them that I needed more medication and to stop. This Doctor ignored my struggling and had someone hold me down and proceeded to do not only the EGD scope but two biopsies that I also could feel as they cut and tore into me. Please be aware that this man is not only not professional but he is not compassionate or ethical either. He caused great damage to my esophagus - I have a number of esophageal ulcers and had tremendous pain for a number of days. He also declined to give me pain medicatoin. I spent four days without pain meds until I went into my PCP who prescribed cough syrup with Codeine and gave me pain medication. Please Beware of this Doctor.