Dr. Kevin Ruhge MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Pasadena, CA

April 29th, 2015
Truly the best..The doctor and staff make you feel very comfortable , and at ease

April 27th, 2014
BEST DOCTOR AND STAFF!
My experience with DR. Rughe and his staff was amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Rughe. I have always wanted to get breast implants for as long as i can remember, ever since i was 15 years old. My friend got her breasts done by Dr. Rughe about two years ago and I really liked his work, so I made an appt to go see him, and talking to him for 5 minutes, i already knew that I was going to schedule an appt for my surgery asap. He made me feel comfortable , he was very easy to talk to and very professional. At first i was embarrassed to remove my shirt to be measured, but after talking to him i wasn't shy anymore. He is amazing, kind and funny. He will tell you exactly what needs to be done, and he won't over do it. if you are thinking about getting breast implants, he is definalty the one you should go to :) last but not least, Maria at the front desk, she is also very nice and sweet. she had answers to all my questions. Over all, i was taken care if from the very beginning to the end and I am so happy with the results. its day 4 since the surgery and I love my new boobies. can't wait to see how they'll look in about two months. I had an amazing experience!

November 27th, 2011
A professional, kind, and skilled Dr.
After 2 C-sections, several fibroid tumors, and a myomectomy surgery, my abdominal muscles were severely deformed. My OB referred me to Dr. Ruhge. Dr. Ruhge immediately made me feel comfortable despite being embarrassed about my post-baby shape. He was VERY kind, considerate, and obviously very knowledgeable. He took the time to explain to me that no matter how many sit-ups I did (I had been going to the gym 4-5Xs/week and had lost all but 15 pounds of my 60lb baby-weight gain), my stomach muscles had been so stretched out that unfortunately they would never return to normal without surgical correction. I was still routinely asked if I was pregnant and had a distended belly that would never go away. I suspected this was true, but having him confirm this and explain the biological reasons why this was so helped give my suspicions merit and helped me see the medical reasons why this surgery would be necessary. After the initial consultation, everything began to fall in to place. Since I had been experiencing a significant amount of back pain from my compromised core muscles and was able to document this with help from my OB, Dr. Ruhge agreed to help me to classify the surgery as a medical necessity through my insurance. Thanks to the time and care he put in to a peer-to-peer review with my insurance company, the insurance classified the abdominoplasty as a medical necessity and covered most of it. I KNOW that many plastic surgeons would not have taken the time to work with my insurance and I was--and am--extremely impressed with Dr. Rughe's professionalism and patience during this process. The surgery could not have gone more smoothly. Dr. Rughe is a perfectionist who obviously cares greatly about the skill and detail of his work. The day of the surgery he was early and he was reassuring and calming, all while marking my torso to indicate exactly where his surgical cuts would go. The results are beyond anything I would have EVER expected; I have my old body back (minus any belly fat!). I am truly amazed at his skill level.Finally, I know that one's comfort level in a surgeon's office begins with the office staff; and Dr. Ruhge's assistant, Maria, was PHENOMENAL. She was ALWAYS helpful, knowledgeable, cheerful, and her follow-up with appointment times, re-scheduling, and medical information/advice pre- and post-surgery was amazing. I felt like I could call her at any time and she knew immediately who I was and helped me get my needs met. In sum, she felt MUCH more like a friend helping me--never like an impersonal office staff member.It is this personal touch that really impressed me about Dr. Ruhge and Maria; they genuinely cared about my well-being from beginning to end, and it showed in everything they did. THANK you to both of them; and if you are a Mom in Southern California who wants and/or needs their pre-baby belly back PLEASE do not shop around but RUN directly to Dr. Ruhge's office!

November 22nd, 2011
Extremely positive
From my first encounter with the staff and Dr. Ruhge I felt very comfortable. I was treated like a VIP from the very first visit, during the surgery process and including follow up visits.

November 8th, 2011
Best Doctor Ever!
I saw Dr. Ruhge as a post-op bariatric patient. I'd lost about 100 lbs, and as an apple-shaped woman wanted my middle "fixed." Dr. Ruhge was patient and understanding. I was probably not the best patient ever (pre-surgery anxiety AND post-op buyer's remorse). Dr. Ruhge was patient and understanding. There were some days I saw him, and I think he actually felt my pain. I'm super happy with the results and there was one little spot that needed fixing. He did that right in his office no muss no fuss! There was no weird up-sell and no pressure. He and his office staff made a difficult process almost enjoyable. If I EVER decide to have anything else done there is no other doctor I would consider seeing. Dr. Ruhge is the best!

September 11th, 2011
First of all, do not believe any of the negative comments posted on this site about Dr. Rughe. If you review those comments, you can see that they are the work of internet trolls. I wish the site administrator would acknowledge that and take them down. Now onto the review:I was referred to Dr. Ruhge by my Ob/Gyn, who is a very well respected physician in Pasadena. From the initial consultation (which was free) to post-surgical follow-up visits, Dr. Ruhge and his assistant, Maria, have been professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Dr. Ruhge performed an abdominoplasty on me and the results far exceeded my expectations. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Ruhge to my friends and family for plastic surgery.

July 2nd, 2011
one patient
I was not that happy with my experience with Dr. Riughe and his office, I did not like the surgical place where he did my surgery. I also did not like that after seen three other surgeouns and finally decided on him, and after getting ready to do finalize the details of my surgery, his assistant told me I had to pay cash. My experience was not satisfactory, nor I think that they are that professional like other people say so.

April 8th, 2011
My overall experience with Dr. Ruhge and staff has been a life changing one! I had a lot of questions and they had the time to hear them and answer them. It now has been two weeks since I had a Tummy Tuck w/lipo, and I feel great, still swollen and soar but of course that's to be expected. This week has been my first week back at work as well. I have been blessed to have felt good enough to go back to work already. The healing process is going to take time and so far so good.

December 21st, 2010
BEST DOCTOR AND STAFF THERE IS!!!
I had surgery with Dr. Ruhge about 2 years ago for a breast aug. I had just had my son and breasts were ruined. He consoled me and made me feel confident that I was going to look great. Two years later and I am extremely happy about the results. I get compliments all the time.I never had to wait for more than a minute. He spent as much time with me as needed. He made me feel comfortable, and set my fears about "going under the knife" at ease. His front desk girl is awesome, she is so attentive and has such a charming personality. Himself, and the staff are extremely professional, but are so personable at the same time. Dr. Ruhge spent a lot of time with me, and was extremely patient, and answered EVERY question that I had. I have reccommended a lot of friends and family to him and he has treated them with the same courtesy. He is an awesome doctor. Definitely not one of those money hungry doctors that you will find all over LA. He tells you exactly what he thinks you need and doesnt over do it just for the money.

December 8th, 2010
Best Surgeon Around
I was 100% satisfied with my entire experience with Dr. Ruhge. It started with my FREE consultation. He NEVER charges for a consultation. Anyone who says that he does has other reasons for saying that. Most likely its because they are cheap and don't want to pay for quality surgery, so they lie.I've had two surgical procedures with him and am totally satisfied with the results. The work is precise and the scarring is minimal or it fades (if it's supposed too). I am currently seeing him for laser work. I will continue seeing him for any work that I might need since he is professional and does excellent work.The after-care is great! He's there for you anytime of the day or night, which includes after-hours, if you need him.The staff is professional, courteous, friendly and fun.My primary doctor has seen the results and has asked for cards for herself and for other patients who come in asking for plastic surgeons.Dr. Ruhge is a stellar surgeon and everyone should go to him.

October 15th, 2010
I look 10 years younger...easily!
Friends and family are constantly telling me that I must be getting rest or be taking vitamins because I look so good. Even my family that lives out of town, said that I look so good but they didnt know why! I have no visable scars! The results far surpassed my highest expectations. I have been wanting to have some work done for several years because I felt I looked tired when I looked in the mirror. Now, I look rested and refreshed even when I am tired! I have so much more confidence in myself now for dating, I feel like I look the best I can look. Dr. Ruhge's staff was so personable and knowledgeable. They assisted me from the very beginning to the very end. They reserved a lovely room for me at a very affordable price; for my after surgery recovery. The doctor and his staff kept a very close eye on me through out the process to make sure my recovery went well. I will go back to Dr. Ruhge again if I decide to have anything done in the future. He has gained my trust and confidence through honesty and expert work. I am so grateful!

October 15th, 2010
Dr.Ruhge and his staff rise beyond professionalism."I love the results that I have seen so far after surgery. It is exactly what I wanted and couldn't ask for more." He is an expert in his field,educated me well about my surgery and most importantly did a great job!Words can never express how grateful I am to you for the way you've made me feel about myself after the surgery.You truly are a phenomenal surgeon and would highly recommend you.