Dr. Kevin Setter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 27th, 2016
he's a poor excuse for a doctor
After my upper humerus was damaged beyond repair in an accident, he was recommended for my shoulder replacement. He may be an excellent surgeon, but his follow-up is terrible. He has no time to answer questions or offer advice that might help with recovery and rehab. I told him I have no insurance, and asked him to suggest some exercises to help with rehab. His response "see a physical therapist". Without insurance , I am paying him in cash for follow-up visits. I cant afford PT, but he does not care, as long as he gets paid. After waiting over an hour to see him, and paying $125 cash, he only had 55 seconds to spend with me.

May 12th, 2016
wish I never did surgery with him
Dr. Setter had to do 2 surgeries and now I need a 3rd. I am currently searching for a new orthopedic surgeon and would not recommend him at ALL

February 2nd, 2016
I do think his staff could have a little more compassion. They are very short when you call to find out any information and you never get an answer in the end. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Setter, he is one of the best ortho surgeons, but his staff could at least answer any questions that a patient has instead of telling you the person that you would like to speak to is busy and you will hear from us as soon as we can call you...and NOT wait monthly to do their paper work for those that are a compensation case, they should try going months without an income. Can't get comp until the papers are filed.

January 6th, 2016
Shoulder Replacement
After meeting with a number of surgeons, Dr Kevin Setter was my choice for a complete shoulder replacement. The procedure was a total success, and enabled me to continue to play my favorite sport of Handball. I am able to play well and have won my last two tournaments, I would highly recommend Dr Setter!

December 7th, 2015
It's too bad. Nice doc.
The first visit was great besides the wait to get in. I got to see the doctor, we spoke about what may be the issue with my shoulder. He gave me a shot in the shoulder to hold me over. He was very pleasant and seemed to know his stuff. The second visit was not so good. I saw his PA because he was in surgery and another shot was given. This time I was in pain afterward. He must have hit the ligament. I could not raise my arm. The staff is really bad. No follow ups on orders written. Attitude when they had to call back or no return call. That's too bad because he seemed knowledgeable and pleasant. Had to look for another doctor to treat my shoulder.

November 21st, 2015
Dr. Setter is unlike any surgeon I have ever met. He has incredible bedside manners. He is very attentive to ALL of his patients and fully discusses what options a patient has. Dr. Setter is an extraordinary man but he is also a superior surgeon, Also if something just doesn't go the way he planned, Dr. Setter always has a plan B that he will use if it makes the recovery a better outcome for the patient. He really is a SUPERIOR surgeon, second to no one.

September 18th, 2015
Research other surgeons and don't look back!!
Spent over 2hrs in waiting rm. Staff said it is normal. Had surgery and tired to get appt, called only to get answer machine, left several messages throughout week without response. Was not given the proper post treatment until two months after surgery. Office staff or lack of, never returns calls, did not turn in disability paperwork after ins. co. requested 3x's and final, without response. This is nothing more than an assembly line!! Very poor post operative care!! I had appt next week to finally see the doctor the first time since surgery only to have it cancelled. I am done with this practice!!

May 24th, 2015
Had complete reverse surgery. And would do it again. Only would not have waited so long to have it done
Very good doctor. Smart and very kind. Glad I came to him

February 17th, 2015
Dr. Setter is exceptional!

January 15th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Setter's for 16 months and have found him to be very professional, compassionate, and an exceptional surgeon. My case was complex due to a frozen shoulder and torn rotor cuff and I did not have high expectations that it would ever return to "normal." Unfortunately, do to some circumstances beyond my control, I had reinjured the same shoulder requiring another surgery. Dr. Setter is a distinguished surgeon with a bedside manner to die for. He cares deeply for the wellbeing of his patients. He will also answer all your questions and you will have the peace of mind needed to have surgery with Dr. Setter. He's Not bad to look at either. I would recommend Dr. Kevin Setter any day.

June 16th, 2014
dr setter is a highly recommended physician but his choice of hospital for me was a nitemare. dirty, understaffed,food was deplorable never going there again and he blind-sided me dealing with anestesia. issues.....when my medical issue is resolved it will really be over.

January 30th, 2014
Life Changing
Dr. Setter has the best bed side manner that I have ever experienced. Not only did he take the added time to answer all my questions, he looked me in the eye when speaking to me. He is the most compassionate, knowledgeable, and patient oriented surgeon that I have ever met. Because of him, I have a chance at a 100% recovery and returning to a profession that it physically, mentally and emotionally demanding, but one that I love and look forward to returning to. This experience was life changing for me. Surgeons like Dr. Setter come few and far between.