Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
by Sandra on Feb 24th, 2016

Dr. Shelton is a great doctor.

Dr. Shelton is Great but not worth dealing with the RECEPTIONIST show details Dr. Shelton is Great but not worth dealing with the RECEPTIONIST
by Audra on Feb 2nd, 2016

Dr. Shelton is great. Very courteous and knowledgeable. The nurse and nurse assistant are super friendly as well. His receptionist on the other hand is AWFUL!!! I have called several times to reschedule my husband's appointment and the phone only rings and rings. I have even attempted to call after hours so I can at least get the voicemail but she STILL has yet to return my 4 left messages. After complaining to my husband, he notifies me that he has witnessed her put people on hold and carry on conversations with other patients and coworkers while sitting in the waiting room all while the other lines continue to ring. This is getting so frustrating as I cannot locate an email address to attempt to contact them via email. Dr. Shelton is amazing to us but unfortunately we will probably attempt to locate another local physician due to the awful service from his 'answering service'.

Office staff not great show details Office staff not great
Jan 29th, 2016

His office staff is atrocious, NEVER return calls, office staff barely ever picks up the phone, they will put you on hold for a long time...Dr. Shelton isn't personally bad, but he doesn't always go over with you blood work or specifics.

by Pauladuncan50@gmail.com on Jan 25th, 2016

I live in Oklahoma and still drive to see him. He always treats you like he has all day. I have serious gastrointestinal problems & I'm always the one to have the side effects of medications. He recently gave me Contrave because I have unexplained weight gain. Terrible side effects so I will have to quit it.

Oct 29th, 2015

I have left multiple voicemails and never return my call!!!!!

Oct 10th, 2015

He is awesome!

no return calls EVER show details no return calls EVER
Oct 8th, 2015

phone system is atrocious. never works. staff ie Julie never ever returns phone calls. you can try over a hundred times every week and nothing. Doctor is great, but zero customer service. really is idiotic in this day and age of technology

by Roger Edwards on Oct 6th, 2015

Amazing Staff hands down. My family and I just moved here from Florida and he was a great fit for all our needs.

No One Returns Call show details No One Returns Call
Jul 31st, 2015

no one returns calls here no one not nurses not staff no one I am unsure if its the antiquated phone machine or just bad staff but everything other than medical staff is terrible how they handle insurance, how they handle business, literally all of it

Jul 27th, 2015

Wow... Literally can't get anyone to respond to myself or pharmacy. Had to pay out of pocket $400 for prescription because nobody at the office will respond to pharmacy. So my insurance won't cover medication... Dr Sheldon is very nice but unfortunately I have to change because I can't get service from him.

Jul 24th, 2015

If my life depended on this Dr. I would be dead now. I got a new one. Don't waste your time or risk your health with this one.

good show details good
May 19th, 2015

Great doctor but really long waiting and phone doesn't work.

May 5th, 2015

My husband and I love this Dr. He is so knowledge and has such an ease to talk with.

Dr. Shelton review. show details Dr. Shelton review.
Apr 30th, 2015

Everyone except for one Nurse, in Dr. Sheltons office is friendly, caring, and gives great advice. Only issue outside of that one nurse, is making appointments.

Apr 28th, 2015

Can never get in touch with office or Doctor !

Apr 22nd, 2015

Awesome dr

Very Frustrated show details Very Frustrated
Apr 7th, 2015

I have been a patient for about 5 years. I am being treated for an ongoing condition of which I can never get any response from his staff. Hard to get an appt because you can't he through to anyone. Can't get my prescriptions filled most of the time because the pharmacy also cannot get through. And I can't get an appt. Needed a form filled out so my insurance will cover my medication but again cannot get anyone to respond to me or call me back, this has to fall under patient abandonment in my opinion. I have no other choice but to change doctors. Most incompetent staff.

Mar 30th, 2015

Better and friendlier service at the gates of hades over this office staff. Dr. Shelton us outstanding, but his staff are the worst ever.

Mar 24th, 2015

Excellent physician and NP. Knows his data on what and why he's doing it. His front office staff has drastically improved over the last year and at this time I have no complaints outside of how busy their phones can be when trying to call in for something.

by Myles Halcomb on Feb 24th, 2015

Dr. Shelton is this best doctor I have ever had!

Office staff show details Office staff
by Thomas Bomkamp on Feb 16th, 2015

No one Answers your phone. It's not professional and certainly not customer service.

by SAMMY on Feb 9th, 2015

VERY EASY GOING DOCTOR, UNDERSTANDS PATIENT NEEDS AND GIVES PROPER ADVICE.

Jan 22nd, 2015

horrible front desk put me on hold for 45 min... then i called back they hung up on me...

Dec 30th, 2014

Dr Shelton is a good doctor, but office is very inefficient in answering the phone, and returning calls regarding issues and medications. I was on hold on the phone for 30 minutes just to even get someone to take my call.

Great Doctor. HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF show details Great Doctor. HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF
by Frustrated patient on Dec 9th, 2014

I am rating Dr. Shelton two stars. He is a great doctor himself and would receive 4 if it were not for the rest of his staff. Dr. Shelton is a great doctor... IF you can ever get in to see him. The front desk staff NEVER answers the phone. Don't bother leaving a message, you won't get a return phone call. Once I called and they actually picked up, but then they left me on hold for OVER 40 minutes. Finally I hang up and try calling back only for it to ring and ring. I need to get in for my follow up appointment before my prescriptions run out, but I really don't know if that is going to happen!

Saved my life show details Saved my life
by Mr. McPherson on Nov 2nd, 2014

The man saved my life... "What else can you say?"

TOO BAD! show details TOO BAD!
by KPL on Apr 30th, 2014

Dr. Shelton himself has great bedside manner and I believe really would do anything to see that his patients needs are met. That will never happen DUE TO THE RUDE AND OUTRIGHT HATEFULNESS OF THE OFFICE STAFF!. Calls don't get returned, if ever it takes weeks, takes months to get an appointment and then they cancel it the night before, reschedule me for a time I could never make, they tell me don't worry, just get here as soon as you can after work, then when I'm late, they tell me I'm too late (17 min) and will have to reschedule again for four weeks later. Further, he tells me we'll start a certain treatment plan, "don't worry about what the front office tells you about policies, we'll see you in three months", then these horrible people block your access to him so he can't follow through. I know he would if he knew, but they are to busy being horrible to people to tell him about the calls from patients who can't get in when he told them to! Good luck to this good doctor, GOOD RIDDANCE TO HIS STAFF!

Best doctor in Texas show details Best doctor in Texas
by Israel on Oct 30th, 2013

I am a patient of dr sheltons of 5 years now. Always professional an truly cares about his clients.

by Jessica on Aug 23rd, 2013

I was completely dismissed and misdiagnosed.

by Sarah T on Jul 3rd, 2013

I have seen Dr Shelton and Stephanie FNP for over 4 years now. I have nothing bad to say about either of them! They always take extra time to spend with me, so I don't mind waiting to see them because I know they are spending extra time with the patient before me. I have referred several family and friends and have had nothing but glowing reports of how good they are too! They are AWESOME! I'm proud to call them my doctors!!!

May 18th, 2013

Dr shelton is very understanding with people and their various problems. I would recommend him highly

Good Doctor victim small town gossip show details Good Doctor victim small town gossip
by Sadie on May 15th, 2013

I have 2 friends who use Kevin, I have also used him. The treatment of my friends have been of the upmost personal care of their situations. When I went to him he gave me more information about my illness and referred me to a great specialist. Comments about husband stealing and handing out pain meds come from the small town he used to practice in where his ex poisoned people against him. Please see those reviews for what they are worth- Gossip! Kevin is thorough, knowledgable, knows the best to refer you to, and will give you his honest opinion. I have even experienced his staff checking on hospitalized patients and offering prayer. He is top notch in my book.

Very Concerned and kinda scared show details Very Concerned and kinda scared
by Cassie on Feb 24th, 2013

I myself did not see this Dr. Kevin Shelton. Someone i know has and I'm very concerned because this Dr. prescribed steroid injections and diet pills. He's been injecting steroids for awhile now and is becoming angry. He is quick tempered loses his temper very fast with his children and barely communicates with his wife. This doctor keeps giving refills without checking him. He was suppose to be on these meds for only 3 months then get off them for a few months but this has not happened he started these meds at the begining of last year and is still on them. I'm very concerned

Awsome show details Awsome
Oct 20th, 2012

This is a true human being. A good good guy

Not always what it seems show details Not always what it seems
Aug 22nd, 2012

I think people tend to forget that Doctors are people too. After busoness hours are over they have a normal outside life too. So what if you saw him drinking something when he was out eating,he is allowed to be normal like everyone else. Dr. Shelton is my Dr. and there have been times that no the nurse wasnt the friendliest or the person working up front but I had enough sense to understand everybody has bad days and they stay busy and might have been worn out. So those of you in this small town that still think its a sin to have a drink, GROW UP and realize this is real life.

Benji Gleaves show details Benji Gleaves
Jul 27th, 2012

Dr. Shelton and Stephanie and his staff is the most caring doctors office I've ever been too . They get you in fast and and dr. Shelton takes time with his patients and listen to them , unlike the doctors that hurd people thru , I have recommended many people to him and everybody loves him ,it's a family atmosphere were your treated like family .

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Jun 3rd, 2012

Best doctor I have ever met. He takes the time to listen to you and provides the best possible care he can. I can't believe some of the garbage people post on here about Dr shelton. Small town drama at its best He is a great doctor and I hope he opens more offices in the metroplex.

Good Family Doctor show details Good Family Doctor
Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Shelton Treats My Husband and I along with our 3 children. He is such a blessing to have in town. When the kids are sick I can get in immediately and get them the care they need. We have no complaints.

Feb 18th, 2012

Dr. Shelton is very knowledgable and very willing to share with his patients. I've recommended Dr. Shelton to numerous friends. Those that have met with Dr. Shelton have all come away very impressed.

Malpractice waiting to happen show details Malpractice waiting to happen
Feb 14th, 2012

If you are looking for pain pills then this is the guy to see. If you actually care about your or your family's health then DO NOT see this guy. The staff is so rude. Dr Shelton seems nice enough but at the end of every visit you leave with a prescription of pain pills and steroids. He orders labs and other outpatient imaging but never calls the patient back to give them results. I am in the healthcare profession and this is not what healthcare is all about. We will be finding another physician!

Awesome Doc show details Awesome Doc
Dec 9th, 2011

I would recommend this guy to anyone. He is the "most" dow to earth Doctor-person you will ever meet!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Oct 25th, 2011

Just Plain and simple. Great Doctor!!!

Appreciative and Well Taken Care Of show details Appreciative and Well Taken Care Of
Jun 30th, 2011

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Shelton's since he opened his practice in Celina. His office staff has always been friendly, courteous, and gone out of their way to help. Dr. Shelton is very easy to talk with, down to earth, and knowledgeable. We have had impromptu visits, annual check-ups, follow-up visits, testing, and consultations with Dr. Shelton. He provided his personal phone number and encouraged us to call him regardless of the day or time if either of our teenagers needed to be seen in the evenings or over a weekend. They are both athletes and he stressed he was available in the event they were hurt during any of their games. We are very thankful for Dr. Shelton and his entire staff.

Impressed show details Impressed
Apr 27th, 2011

We have the highest regards for Dr. Shelton and Nurse Stephanie. The best! As for the negative folks --- get a life and go find an ax to grinde with the mailman. You nags disguist me.

Apr 19th, 2011

Grace is the only thing going for this office, she is so nice. Unfortunately I will not be returning. I dont want my complaints called bogus so I will just say great job Grace

Apr 6th, 2011

By far the best visit. He is a great listener and you can tell he really cares. I didn't feel rushed and felt right at home. His nurse is great also. His front staff was excellent. It was warm and inviting in their office. Will def. be back and will refer. Thank you to the staff and Doctor.

Nice Guy show details Nice Guy
Jan 26th, 2011

Have taken my son there on three occasions and have always appreciated his manner and attention. I was online to look up his number to make an appointment for myself when I came across this site... and Im not deterred. The negative comments here, particularly those suggesting his misuse of alcohol are highly suspicious and shouldn't be considered authentic.

Friendly and Helpful show details Friendly and Helpful
Jan 7th, 2011

Everyone at this office is extremely friendly and helpful. They are a wonderful group. I've been seen by Dr. Shelton several times with no "odd behavior", and he is not the only doctor office in Celina (it would probably be best for reviewers to have their facts straight before commenting.) They are accommodating and thorough. He made sure that I had a clear understanding and answered all my questions.

fraud show details fraud
Nov 8th, 2010

Stephanie FNP is not married to Kevin Md, so why does their sign portray that and why is she signing her name that way? Check the Texas Board of Nursing. What else are they lying about? Just because they are conveniently located does not mean they have your best interest in mind.

Aug 27th, 2010

what a weird bunch they are. Plus totally overcharged.

daycare show details daycare
by seymour on Jul 3rd, 2010

stephanie was very rude and said she had to leave with theyre two children who were running around like maniacs. SO i waited about an hour to see the dr. He is strange

by STEVE on Jul 1st, 2010

I GOT AN APPOINTMENT IMMEDIALTY. HE WAS RUDE, STEPHANIE WAS RUDE, THEN LATER ON I SEEN THEM EATING DOWNTOWN HAVING DRINKS.I HAVE HEARD HE HAS A PRESCRIPTION DRUG PROBLEM, I WONT BE RETURNING