Family Physicians

701 N Preston Rd
Ste 100
Celina, TX 75009
972-382-1000
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  TOO BAD!  |  show details
by KPL on Apr 30th, 2014

Dr. Shelton himself has great bedside manner and I believe really would do anything to see that his patients needs are met. That will never happen DUE TO THE RUDE AND OUTRIGHT HATEFULNESS OF THE OFFICE STAFF!. Calls don't get returned, if ever it takes weeks, takes months to get an appointment and then they cancel it the night before, reschedule me for a time I could never make, they tell me don't worry, just get here as soon as you can after work, then when I'm late, they tell me I'm too late (17 min) and will have to reschedule again for four weeks later. Further, he tells me we'll start a certain treatment plan, "don't worry about what the front office tells you about policies, we'll see you in three months", then these horrible people block your access to him so he can't follow through. I know he would if he knew, but they are to busy being horrible to people to tell him about the calls from patients who can't get in when he told them to! Good luck to this good doctor, GOOD RIDDANCE TO HIS STAFF!

|  Best doctor in Texas  |  show details
by Israel on Oct 30th, 2013

I am a patient of dr sheltons of 5 years now. Always professional an truly cares about his clients.

by Jessica on Aug 23rd, 2013

I was completely dismissed and misdiagnosed.

|  Dr. Stephanie  |  show details
by Sarah T on Aug 22nd, 2013

I drive over an hr to see Dr.Stephanie.After 10yrs of reoccurring problems she is the one dr who diagnosed it right the 1st time without a bunch of test.i dont have insurance and she has helped me get samples or find assistance programs for my meds.No pain meds or narcotics like previous reviews. Dr. Stephanie is amazing, it is hard to get an appointment because she is so great. Once it took a while for her to call me back but any other time it is always same day. She literally saved my life.

by Sarah T on Jul 3rd, 2013

I have seen Dr Shelton and Stephanie FNP for over 4 years now. I have nothing bad to say about either of them! They always take extra time to spend with me, so I don't mind waiting to see them because I know they are spending extra time with the patient before me. I have referred several family and friends and have had nothing but glowing reports of how good they are too! They are AWESOME! I'm proud to call them my doctors!!!

|  Malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen  |  show details
by invisible on Jun 29th, 2013

I wish I didn't have to select any stars because I don't feel this Dr. deserves even one! I went to see Dr. Shelton by the recommendation of a friend. I called for an appointment and the office was 6 WEEKS out for a new patient visit. It was December 2012 when I first saw him. The staff was rude and very impersonal but I after the wait to even get in, and the 90 minute drive, I decided to stay. I had to pay my copay upfront, which I find very strange. When I went through my history with the nurse, she was extremely rude and had me in tears before the Dr. even came in. By the end of my visit, Dr. Shelton ordered lab work and gave me samples of Cymbalta, and a prescription for VALIUM! I have never taken any prescription medicine and later found out what a horrible drug Cymbalta is. Because of the new year, I waited 10 days after my appt. to call for lab results. I left my number and said the Dr. would call once he reviewed the results. I called back a week later, and left my number again. After about a month of calling every few days I began to call daily, and still no one ever got back to me. I also needed to get a prescription for the Cymbalta since you cannot cold turkey off this drug. It took 2 weeks before they finally called it in and when they did it was the wrong dose! It is near impossible to contact this office and they are always rude on the phone. I attempted to schedule a follow-up apt (which their 'first available' was 4 weeks out) The morning of my apt, they called and cancelled- I had to take a vacation day to see him! Well, fast forward to April... I went to see a new doc and requested a medical release f my lab results, as I still did not know any what came back. Well, they never sent them over and it took another 2 MONTHS of my insurance company trying to contact them-they never got through either. When my Dr did call, she was treated rudely and even she was appalled by the etiquette. Well, now it is almost July and they finally got the results. Everything tested was highly ABNORMAL!! Dr. Shelton should be ashamed to call himself a dr. Due to his negligence, I have now lost 6 months of being treated, and not to mention, the horrible experience of taking Cymbalta without a doctors follow-up, and the awful experience of withdrawals from this horrible drug.!!! Never again will I have ANYTHING to do with this so-called Dr!

|  Get your facts straight before you talk people!!  |  show details
by EAK on Jun 17th, 2013

Dr. Shelton and his wife are excellent practitioners. I have known both of them personally and professionally and am very disheartened by some of these reviews. First of all Stephanie is a nurse practitioner she is married to Dr. Shelton but when she became a nurse practitioner her last name was Stewart. So look her up on the board of nursing website as Stephanie Stewart and you will find her. I can ASSURE you she is a nurse practitioner. Second, I have a very hard time believing that Dr. Shelton has EVER stolen medication or gave it out like candy. I cannot prove this but know he is of upmost character and would never do that. They are both kind people who care very much about their patients. They are both extremely thorough and knowledgable regarding medicine. Please get your facts straight before putting something on the Internet that is just here say!! I would trust them with any member of my family or friends.

May 18th, 2013

Dr shelton is very understanding with people and their various problems. I would recommend him highly

|  Good Doctor victim small town gossip  |  show details
by Sadie on May 15th, 2013

I have 2 friends who use Kevin, I have also used him. The treatment of my friends have been of the upmost personal care of their situations. When I went to him he gave me more information about my illness and referred me to a great specialist. Comments about husband stealing and handing out pain meds come from the small town he used to practice in where his ex poisoned people against him. Please see those reviews for what they are worth- Gossip! Kevin is thorough, knowledgable, knows the best to refer you to, and will give you his honest opinion. I have even experienced his staff checking on hospitalized patients and offering prayer. He is top notch in my book.

|  Awsome  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2012

This is a true human being. A good good guy

|  Phenomenal Doctor and staff.  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

Both Dr.Shelton's "husband & wife team" including their staff were very courteous. They both diagnosed my whole family with complete accuracy & took their time with us. Thanks.-Rossman's

|  Not always what it seems  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

I think people tend to forget that Doctors are people too. After busoness hours are over they have a normal outside life too. So what if you saw him drinking something when he was out eating,he is allowed to be normal like everyone else. Dr. Shelton is my Dr. and there have been times that no the nurse wasnt the friendliest or the person working up front but I had enough sense to understand everybody has bad days and they stay busy and might have been worn out. So those of you in this small town that still think its a sin to have a drink, GROW UP and realize this is real life.

|  Benji Gleaves  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

Dr. Shelton and Stephanie and his staff is the most caring doctors office I've ever been too . They get you in fast and and dr. Shelton takes time with his patients and listen to them , unlike the doctors that hurd people thru , I have recommended many people to him and everybody loves him ,it's a family atmosphere were your treated like family .

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2012

Best doctor I have ever met. He takes the time to listen to you and provides the best possible care he can. I can't believe some of the garbage people post on here about Dr shelton. Small town drama at its best He is a great doctor and I hope he opens more offices in the metroplex.

|  Good Family Doctor  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Shelton Treats My Husband and I along with our 3 children. He is such a blessing to have in town. When the kids are sick I can get in immediately and get them the care they need. We have no complaints.

Feb 18th, 2012

Dr. Shelton is very knowledgable and very willing to share with his patients. I've recommended Dr. Shelton to numerous friends. Those that have met with Dr. Shelton have all come away very impressed.

|  Love  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2011

I love Kevin, I drive all the way from Ardmore to get my pain medicine, I know alot of people who do this. He is great.

|  Awesome Doc  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

I would recommend this guy to anyone. He is the "most" dow to earth Doctor-person you will ever meet!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2011

Just Plain and simple. Great Doctor!!!

|  Appreciative and Well Taken Care Of  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Shelton's since he opened his practice in Celina. His office staff has always been friendly, courteous, and gone out of their way to help. Dr. Shelton is very easy to talk with, down to earth, and knowledgeable. We have had impromptu visits, annual check-ups, follow-up visits, testing, and consultations with Dr. Shelton. He provided his personal phone number and encouraged us to call him regardless of the day or time if either of our teenagers needed to be seen in the evenings or over a weekend. They are both athletes and he stressed he was available in the event they were hurt during any of their games. We are very thankful for Dr. Shelton and his entire staff.

|  Impressed  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

We have the highest regards for Dr. Shelton and Nurse Stephanie. The best! As for the negative folks --- get a life and go find an ax to grinde with the mailman. You nags disguist me.

Apr 19th, 2011

Grace is the only thing going for this office, she is so nice. Unfortunately I will not be returning. I dont want my complaints called bogus so I will just say great job Grace

|  Bogus Complaints  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

I just read the comments some made about Dr. Shelton and am appalled. I have seen Dr. Shelton almost from the moment he came to Celina and have never had any of the so-called negative experiences shown here. I have chronic illnesses so I see him more often than most people. I think it is horrifying that people can anonymously print gossip that can cause great damage to a good doctor's reputation. Talking about a person's drug and alcohol issues when there is no evidence of it is wrong. Passing judgement on someone's marital status is sinful. Oh, and if you Google or look in the on-line white pages for Sally Shear there is no documentation at all. Does this mean she doesn't exist? There are no documented formal complaints or actions by a medical board for Dr. Shelton so if you believe that he is guilty of what you say then shame on you for not doing your part in keeping the public safe by reporting him.

Apr 6th, 2011

By far the best visit. He is a great listener and you can tell he really cares. I didn't feel rushed and felt right at home. His nurse is great also. His front staff was excellent. It was warm and inviting in their office. Will def. be back and will refer. Thank you to the staff and Doctor.

|  Nice Guy  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Have taken my son there on three occasions and have always appreciated his manner and attention. I was online to look up his number to make an appointment for myself when I came across this site... and Im not deterred. The negative comments here, particularly those suggesting his misuse of alcohol are highly suspicious and shouldn't be considered authentic.

|  Friendly and Helpful  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

Everyone at this office is extremely friendly and helpful. They are a wonderful group. I've been seen by Dr. Shelton several times with no "odd behavior", and he is not the only doctor office in Celina (it would probably be best for reviewers to have their facts straight before commenting.) They are accommodating and thorough. He made sure that I had a clear understanding and answered all my questions.

Nov 24th, 2010

My whole family has seen Dr. Shelton. We were impressed with his friendly manner, knowledge, and caring attitude. I can't imagine where the other people came up with the negative comments about him and his staff. He even called us twice to check on our daughter after she was diagnosed with mono. He went above and beyond to take care of her. He is our local family physician of choice along with Celina Medical, Kim Myers, who he also works with.Brenda GoodellCelina, TX

May 19th, 2008 on yahoo.com

As for Dr. SHelton he is awesome, although his staff in the front office are hateful rude and need to be out the door. Dr. Shelton himself is wonderful and I believe Mercy to have to much control over his staffing that his hands are tied. Just to sum it u

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
May 6th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Shelton's office has a team of very friendly staff members and nurses. They always make sure your questions are answered and try to do anything they can to meet your needs. Dr. Shelton and Stephanie both are great and always take care of any problems

Read Full Review at yahoo.com