Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
May 5th, 2015

My husband and I love this Dr. He is so knowledge and has such an ease to talk with.

Dr. Shelton review. show details Dr. Shelton review.
Apr 30th, 2015

Everyone except for one Nurse, in Dr. Sheltons office is friendly, caring, and gives great advice. Only issue outside of that one nurse, is making appointments.

Apr 28th, 2015

Can never get in touch with office or Doctor !

Apr 22nd, 2015

Awesome dr

Very Frustrated show details Very Frustrated
Apr 7th, 2015

I have been a patient for about 5 years. I am being treated for an ongoing condition of which I can never get any response from his staff. Hard to get an appt because you can't he through to anyone. Can't get my prescriptions filled most of the time because the pharmacy also cannot get through. And I can't get an appt. Needed a form filled out so my insurance will cover my medication but again cannot get anyone to respond to me or call me back, this has to fall under patient abandonment in my opinion. I have no other choice but to change doctors. Most incompetent staff.

Mar 30th, 2015

Better and friendlier service at the gates of hades over this office staff. Dr. Shelton us outstanding, but his staff are the worst ever.

Mar 24th, 2015

Excellent physician and NP. Knows his data on what and why he's doing it. His front office staff has drastically improved over the last year and at this time I have no complaints outside of how busy their phones can be when trying to call in for something.

by Myles Halcomb on Feb 24th, 2015

Dr. Shelton is this best doctor I have ever had!

Office staff show details Office staff
by Thomas Bomkamp on Feb 16th, 2015

No one Answers your phone. It's not professional and certainly not customer service.

by SAMMY on Feb 9th, 2015

VERY EASY GOING DOCTOR, UNDERSTANDS PATIENT NEEDS AND GIVES PROPER ADVICE.

Jan 22nd, 2015

horrible front desk put me on hold for 45 min... then i called back they hung up on me...

Dec 30th, 2014

Dr Shelton is a good doctor, but office is very inefficient in answering the phone, and returning calls regarding issues and medications. I was on hold on the phone for 30 minutes just to even get someone to take my call.

Great Doctor. HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF show details Great Doctor. HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF
by Frustrated patient on Dec 9th, 2014

I am rating Dr. Shelton two stars. He is a great doctor himself and would receive 4 if it were not for the rest of his staff. Dr. Shelton is a great doctor... IF you can ever get in to see him. The front desk staff NEVER answers the phone. Don't bother leaving a message, you won't get a return phone call. Once I called and they actually picked up, but then they left me on hold for OVER 40 minutes. Finally I hang up and try calling back only for it to ring and ring. I need to get in for my follow up appointment before my prescriptions run out, but I really don't know if that is going to happen!

Do NOT even try to get in show details Do NOT even try to get in
by chris b on Nov 25th, 2014

IF you can EVER get in to see the DR. Shelton, you will be happy with his services. The problem is getting in. His staff is worthless, they never return calls, when they actually answer the phone, you go on hold for 30 minutes, BUT 99% of the time that I call, I get the "we are unable to make this call at this time" crap! I guess they have VOIP--cheap phone service that never works. When I actually am able to make an appointment, the staff will call the day before to cancel or better yet, I show up and then they tell me they called me yesterday to reschedule---NO THEY DID NOT!! Yet, the staff says, "well, it says that we called yesterday, right here in our notes". Total freaking BS--no one EVER CALLED. Why would I have driven 40 minutes here if you called???!!! Since yesterday, I have called the office at least 50 times and either no one answers or I get the "we are unable to make this call at this time". I would hope that Kevin and Stephanie actually knows what is going with the front end staff. Purely pathetic!!! Oh, I almost forgot to mention, that when actually do have a prescription that needs a refill, I go thru the normal process of having the pharmacy faxing the request to the office, but do they ever respond to the Pharmacy? Take a wild guess---how about NEVER!!! So you have to go thru the whole process again of calling and calling and calling to no avail and by the time you finally get thru-guess what--the prescription has expired and you have to make another appointment for 45-60 days later!! Update--I called again while typing this and of course, I get the voice mail--but the best part of the voice mail prompt tells me to NOT to leave a voice b/c "we are having problems with our voice mail system". What a complete joke. Time to find a new doc. Do your self a favor and never even attempt to go to this place or you might need to check yourself in to a psychotic clinic.

Saved my life show details Saved my life
by Mr. McPherson on Nov 2nd, 2014

The man saved my life... "What else can you say?"

Fraudulent Providers show details Fraudulent Providers
by Get your facts straight on Sep 8th, 2014

First of all Stephanie is not a DOCTOR she is a Family Nurse Practitioner who has been practicing without a license for over a year, check it out on the board of nursing-FRAUD. Kevin is a doctor who has had 2 Board orders against him for NEGLIGENT practice- check it out on Texas Medical Board. So these "great" providers do not care about you they care about your MONEY!

TOO BAD! show details TOO BAD!
by KPL on Apr 30th, 2014

Dr. Shelton himself has great bedside manner and I believe really would do anything to see that his patients needs are met. That will never happen DUE TO THE RUDE AND OUTRIGHT HATEFULNESS OF THE OFFICE STAFF!. Calls don't get returned, if ever it takes weeks, takes months to get an appointment and then they cancel it the night before, reschedule me for a time I could never make, they tell me don't worry, just get here as soon as you can after work, then when I'm late, they tell me I'm too late (17 min) and will have to reschedule again for four weeks later. Further, he tells me we'll start a certain treatment plan, "don't worry about what the front office tells you about policies, we'll see you in three months", then these horrible people block your access to him so he can't follow through. I know he would if he knew, but they are to busy being horrible to people to tell him about the calls from patients who can't get in when he told them to! Good luck to this good doctor, GOOD RIDDANCE TO HIS STAFF!

Best doctor in Texas show details Best doctor in Texas
by Israel on Oct 30th, 2013

I am a patient of dr sheltons of 5 years now. Always professional an truly cares about his clients.

by Jessica on Aug 23rd, 2013

I was completely dismissed and misdiagnosed.

Dr. Stephanie show details Dr. Stephanie
by Sarah T on Aug 22nd, 2013

I drive over an hr to see Dr.Stephanie.After 10yrs of reoccurring problems she is the one dr who diagnosed it right the 1st time without a bunch of test.i dont have insurance and she has helped me get samples or find assistance programs for my meds.No pain meds or narcotics like previous reviews. Dr. Stephanie is amazing, it is hard to get an appointment because she is so great. Once it took a while for her to call me back but any other time it is always same day. She literally saved my life.

by Sarah T on Jul 3rd, 2013

I have seen Dr Shelton and Stephanie FNP for over 4 years now. I have nothing bad to say about either of them! They always take extra time to spend with me, so I don't mind waiting to see them because I know they are spending extra time with the patient before me. I have referred several family and friends and have had nothing but glowing reports of how good they are too! They are AWESOME! I'm proud to call them my doctors!!!

Malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen show details Malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen
by invisible on Jun 29th, 2013

I wish I didn't have to select any stars because I don't feel this Dr. deserves even one! I went to see Dr. Shelton by the recommendation of a friend. I called for an appointment and the office was 6 WEEKS out for a new patient visit. It was December 2012 when I first saw him. The staff was rude and very impersonal but I after the wait to even get in, and the 90 minute drive, I decided to stay. I had to pay my copay upfront, which I find very strange. When I went through my history with the nurse, she was extremely rude and had me in tears before the Dr. even came in. By the end of my visit, Dr. Shelton ordered lab work and gave me samples of Cymbalta, and a prescription for VALIUM! I have never taken any prescription medicine and later found out what a horrible drug Cymbalta is. Because of the new year, I waited 10 days after my appt. to call for lab results. I left my number and said the Dr. would call once he reviewed the results. I called back a week later, and left my number again. After about a month of calling every few days I began to call daily, and still no one ever got back to me. I also needed to get a prescription for the Cymbalta since you cannot cold turkey off this drug. It took 2 weeks before they finally called it in and when they did it was the wrong dose! It is near impossible to contact this office and they are always rude on the phone. I attempted to schedule a follow-up apt (which their 'first available' was 4 weeks out) The morning of my apt, they called and cancelled- I had to take a vacation day to see him! Well, fast forward to April... I went to see a new doc and requested a medical release f my lab results, as I still did not know any what came back. Well, they never sent them over and it took another 2 MONTHS of my insurance company trying to contact them-they never got through either. When my Dr did call, she was treated rudely and even she was appalled by the etiquette. Well, now it is almost July and they finally got the results. Everything tested was highly ABNORMAL!! Dr. Shelton should be ashamed to call himself a dr. Due to his negligence, I have now lost 6 months of being treated, and not to mention, the horrible experience of taking Cymbalta without a doctors follow-up, and the awful experience of withdrawals from this horrible drug.!!! Never again will I have ANYTHING to do with this so-called Dr!

Get your facts straight before you talk people!! show details Get your facts straight before you talk people!!
by EAK on Jun 17th, 2013

Dr. Shelton and his wife are excellent practitioners. I have known both of them personally and professionally and am very disheartened by some of these reviews. First of all Stephanie is a nurse practitioner she is married to Dr. Shelton but when she became a nurse practitioner her last name was Stewart. So look her up on the board of nursing website as Stephanie Stewart and you will find her. I can ASSURE you she is a nurse practitioner. Second, I have a very hard time believing that Dr. Shelton has EVER stolen medication or gave it out like candy. I cannot prove this but know he is of upmost character and would never do that. They are both kind people who care very much about their patients. They are both extremely thorough and knowledgable regarding medicine. Please get your facts straight before putting something on the Internet that is just here say!! I would trust them with any member of my family or friends.

May 18th, 2013

Dr shelton is very understanding with people and their various problems. I would recommend him highly

Good Doctor victim small town gossip show details Good Doctor victim small town gossip
by Sadie on May 15th, 2013

I have 2 friends who use Kevin, I have also used him. The treatment of my friends have been of the upmost personal care of their situations. When I went to him he gave me more information about my illness and referred me to a great specialist. Comments about husband stealing and handing out pain meds come from the small town he used to practice in where his ex poisoned people against him. Please see those reviews for what they are worth- Gossip! Kevin is thorough, knowledgable, knows the best to refer you to, and will give you his honest opinion. I have even experienced his staff checking on hospitalized patients and offering prayer. He is top notch in my book.

Very Concerned and kinda scared show details Very Concerned and kinda scared
by Cassie on Feb 24th, 2013

I myself did not see this Dr. Kevin Shelton. Someone i know has and I'm very concerned because this Dr. prescribed steroid injections and diet pills. He's been injecting steroids for awhile now and is becoming angry. He is quick tempered loses his temper very fast with his children and barely communicates with his wife. This doctor keeps giving refills without checking him. He was suppose to be on these meds for only 3 months then get off them for a few months but this has not happened he started these meds at the begining of last year and is still on them. I'm very concerned

Awsome show details Awsome
Oct 20th, 2012

This is a true human being. A good good guy

Phenomenal Doctor and staff. show details Phenomenal Doctor and staff.
Sep 14th, 2012

Both Dr.Shelton's "husband & wife team" including their staff were very courteous. They both diagnosed my whole family with complete accuracy & took their time with us. Thanks.-Rossman's

Not always what it seems show details Not always what it seems
Aug 22nd, 2012

I think people tend to forget that Doctors are people too. After busoness hours are over they have a normal outside life too. So what if you saw him drinking something when he was out eating,he is allowed to be normal like everyone else. Dr. Shelton is my Dr. and there have been times that no the nurse wasnt the friendliest or the person working up front but I had enough sense to understand everybody has bad days and they stay busy and might have been worn out. So those of you in this small town that still think its a sin to have a drink, GROW UP and realize this is real life.

Benji Gleaves show details Benji Gleaves
Jul 27th, 2012

Dr. Shelton and Stephanie and his staff is the most caring doctors office I've ever been too . They get you in fast and and dr. Shelton takes time with his patients and listen to them , unlike the doctors that hurd people thru , I have recommended many people to him and everybody loves him ,it's a family atmosphere were your treated like family .

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Jun 3rd, 2012

Best doctor I have ever met. He takes the time to listen to you and provides the best possible care he can. I can't believe some of the garbage people post on here about Dr shelton. Small town drama at its best He is a great doctor and I hope he opens more offices in the metroplex.

Good Family Doctor show details Good Family Doctor
Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Shelton Treats My Husband and I along with our 3 children. He is such a blessing to have in town. When the kids are sick I can get in immediately and get them the care they need. We have no complaints.

Feb 18th, 2012

Dr. Shelton is very knowledgable and very willing to share with his patients. I've recommended Dr. Shelton to numerous friends. Those that have met with Dr. Shelton have all come away very impressed.

Malpractice waiting to happen show details Malpractice waiting to happen
Feb 14th, 2012

If you are looking for pain pills then this is the guy to see. If you actually care about your or your family's health then DO NOT see this guy. The staff is so rude. Dr Shelton seems nice enough but at the end of every visit you leave with a prescription of pain pills and steroids. He orders labs and other outpatient imaging but never calls the patient back to give them results. I am in the healthcare profession and this is not what healthcare is all about. We will be finding another physician!

Love show details Love
Dec 23rd, 2011

I love Kevin, I drive all the way from Ardmore to get my pain medicine, I know alot of people who do this. He is great.

Awesome Doc show details Awesome Doc
Dec 9th, 2011

I would recommend this guy to anyone. He is the "most" dow to earth Doctor-person you will ever meet!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Oct 25th, 2011

Just Plain and simple. Great Doctor!!!

Appreciative and Well Taken Care Of show details Appreciative and Well Taken Care Of
Jun 30th, 2011

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Shelton's since he opened his practice in Celina. His office staff has always been friendly, courteous, and gone out of their way to help. Dr. Shelton is very easy to talk with, down to earth, and knowledgeable. We have had impromptu visits, annual check-ups, follow-up visits, testing, and consultations with Dr. Shelton. He provided his personal phone number and encouraged us to call him regardless of the day or time if either of our teenagers needed to be seen in the evenings or over a weekend. They are both athletes and he stressed he was available in the event they were hurt during any of their games. We are very thankful for Dr. Shelton and his entire staff.

Impressed show details Impressed
Apr 27th, 2011

We have the highest regards for Dr. Shelton and Nurse Stephanie. The best! As for the negative folks --- get a life and go find an ax to grinde with the mailman. You nags disguist me.

Apr 19th, 2011

Grace is the only thing going for this office, she is so nice. Unfortunately I will not be returning. I dont want my complaints called bogus so I will just say great job Grace

Bogus Complaints show details Bogus Complaints
Apr 18th, 2011

I just read the comments some made about Dr. Shelton and am appalled. I have seen Dr. Shelton almost from the moment he came to Celina and have never had any of the so-called negative experiences shown here. I have chronic illnesses so I see him more often than most people. I think it is horrifying that people can anonymously print gossip that can cause great damage to a good doctor's reputation. Talking about a person's drug and alcohol issues when there is no evidence of it is wrong. Passing judgement on someone's marital status is sinful. Oh, and if you Google or look in the on-line white pages for Sally Shear there is no documentation at all. Does this mean she doesn't exist? There are no documented formal complaints or actions by a medical board for Dr. Shelton so if you believe that he is guilty of what you say then shame on you for not doing your part in keeping the public safe by reporting him.

Apr 6th, 2011

By far the best visit. He is a great listener and you can tell he really cares. I didn't feel rushed and felt right at home. His nurse is great also. His front staff was excellent. It was warm and inviting in their office. Will def. be back and will refer. Thank you to the staff and Doctor.

Nice Guy show details Nice Guy
Jan 26th, 2011

Have taken my son there on three occasions and have always appreciated his manner and attention. I was online to look up his number to make an appointment for myself when I came across this site... and Im not deterred. The negative comments here, particularly those suggesting his misuse of alcohol are highly suspicious and shouldn't be considered authentic.

Friendly and Helpful show details Friendly and Helpful
Jan 7th, 2011

Everyone at this office is extremely friendly and helpful. They are a wonderful group. I've been seen by Dr. Shelton several times with no "odd behavior", and he is not the only doctor office in Celina (it would probably be best for reviewers to have their facts straight before commenting.) They are accommodating and thorough. He made sure that I had a clear understanding and answered all my questions.

Nov 24th, 2010

My whole family has seen Dr. Shelton. We were impressed with his friendly manner, knowledge, and caring attitude. I can't imagine where the other people came up with the negative comments about him and his staff. He even called us twice to check on our daughter after she was diagnosed with mono. He went above and beyond to take care of her. He is our local family physician of choice along with Celina Medical, Kim Myers, who he also works with.Brenda GoodellCelina, TX

fraud show details fraud
Nov 8th, 2010

Stephanie FNP is not married to Kevin Md, so why does their sign portray that and why is she signing her name that way? Check the Texas Board of Nursing. What else are they lying about? Just because they are conveniently located does not mean they have your best interest in mind.

Aug 27th, 2010

what a weird bunch they are. Plus totally overcharged.

daycare show details daycare
by seymour on Jul 3rd, 2010

stephanie was very rude and said she had to leave with theyre two children who were running around like maniacs. SO i waited about an hour to see the dr. He is strange

by STEVE on Jul 1st, 2010

I GOT AN APPOINTMENT IMMEDIALTY. HE WAS RUDE, STEPHANIE WAS RUDE, THEN LATER ON I SEEN THEM EATING DOWNTOWN HAVING DRINKS.I HAVE HEARD HE HAS A PRESCRIPTION DRUG PROBLEM, I WONT BE RETURNING

by KELLY on Jun 30th, 2010

I WAS RESCHEDULED TWICE, I WAITED 45 MINUTES AND HIS BREATH SMELLED OF ALCOHOL

May 19th, 2008 on yahoo.com

As for Dr. SHelton he is awesome, although his staff in the front office are hateful rude and need to be out the door. Dr. Shelton himself is wonderful and I believe Mercy to have to much control over his staffing that his hands are tied. Just to sum it u

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
May 6th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Shelton's office has a team of very friendly staff members and nurses. They always make sure your questions are answered and try to do anything they can to meet your needs. Dr. Shelton and Stephanie both are great and always take care of any problems

Read Full Review at yahoo.com