Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Totally incompetent, rude, disrespectful and unprofessional!  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2014

Dr. Traub is totally incompetent, rude and disrespectful! Upon initial review of my problem (which I really didn't think was a big deal), he said he had no idea what was wrong or how to fix it. He told me he "thought" it would go away on it's own. He told me to come back in 6 months. That cost $40! 6 months later my condition was exactly the same. I called his office a week before my appointment and asked if I could speak with Dr. Traub because I wasn't interested in paying $40 again for him to tell me that he can't diagnose or resolve my problem and to come back AGAIN in 6 more months. I told the office manager (Jessica) that I would be happy to come in if he truly had some idea how to fix my problem but I wanted to talk to him first to confirm that he actually had some type of a plan. She refused to let me speak with him and was extremely rude and disrespectful. She just kept saying he's busy and she will try to have him call me tomorrow. She did that for 4 days! Finally, I got Dr. Traub on the phone and I asked him if he had any idea how to fix my problem and he said that he had no clue what to do, that he wasn't interested in seeing me again and that I should see another doctor! That is the epitome of horrible patient care! Dr. Traub and his staff demonstrated a total lack of respect and professionalism! If you look at other reviews on the internet, you will see that my sentiments about Dr. Traub and his staff are echoed. Another reviewer said the following: "Dr. Traub is only interested in "turning and burning" people". I couldn't agree more.

|   |  show details
by William J McAllister on Mar 26th, 2014

explains situation well, listens to my questions & cobcerns

|  Mr  |  show details
by Anthony maola on Jan 28th, 2014

Dr Kevin traub Is the best

|  Don't waste your time....  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2013

Visiting this "doctor" was a waste of time and money. Paid no attention to the description of my symptoms and past history, ordered obviously inappropriate, invasive testing (which I refused) and then his office took a ridiculous amount of time to provide test results to the non invasive tests because they were "busy and short handed." Thank goodness I had the common sense to find a different doctor after the first visit. My new doctor also confirmed my suspicions that the testing that was being ordered was way too excessive and could have easily made my situation worse.

|  show details
Feb 14th, 2013

The female who answered the phone had quite the attitude. I have heard that from others too. i'm sure the doctors in that practice would not like to hear this. I hope they do. I am going elsewhere simply because she was ignorant. i havent even seen the doctor so my review is based simply on the ignorance of the assistant.

|  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Traub

|  DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

I had a kidney stone, you would think, a simple procedure to be done by a "certified" Dr. Dr. Traub informed me that putting a stint in would be best...Well, he wouldn't listen to what I wanted to do first, which was the (Water Bath)to break it up and see if that worked. He did the surgery, cut my Uretha, couldn't find the stone, he said he must have pushed the stone back up into my kidney..Whoa, Rewind.."Must Have?" Shouldn't Dr.'s know what the heck happened? Anyways, he then puts the stint in and I now had to leave the stint in for 6 weeks since he cut me. I was in so much pain during those 6 weeks but when I called in and said I was peeing blood still, the office manager said it was normal..Well, to find out, it wasn't normal!! Once the 6 weeks came, I went into the office and had the stint removed. Prior to going into the office, I had to get an MRI done to see if the stone was still in me. When I went into the office, he said..Good news, no stone! The day after I had the stint removed, what do you know, the kidney stone came out!! His response, well, his office managers response since he wouldn't call me, was, "This is normal, it can happen". My question, Why is it normal or is this the answer to everything when you know the entire surgery was inproperly done and no one knows what they are doing? When the stone came out, I immediately knew why I had so much pressure when the stint was in, it was because Dr. Traub lodged the stone with the stint and it was unable to come out! It was a surgery that was a waste and Dr. Traub will not do anything about it or apologize for his mistakes. We are all human and make mistakes, stand up to it and stop taking advantage of patients. Also, please learn how to read an MRI..this should be basics!!!

|  ONE OF THE BEST  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2010

My husband has been treated by Dr Traub and he was so kind and treated both of us very well. He answered all of our questions very frankly and was available to talk to us when we needed him. He is the best....

|  Go somewhere else  |  show details
May 10th, 2010

He couldn't find a problem but he pumped me full of antibiotics instead. From there, he nor his office wanted to find the problem, so they told me to go back to my PCP. Wow, what a waste of time.Go see the UPMC Urology dept at UPMC Shadyside instead. They know what they're talking about.

|  Inexperience and Lack of attention  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2010

I've seen Dr. Traub a three or four times. He always seems rushed, his PA does the examination and he really doesn't seem to focus on the patient.He misdiagnosed a condition I had and when I reflected on it, I realized he had never actually examined. He just had his PA do the work and he reviewed the test results.I've found a different urologist.