Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

3.0

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by Marya on Jul 14th, 2015

His diagnosis was correct. Had surgery subdural hemotoma and was able to go home in 2 days with several follow ups I was a 100% after several months of recuperation. Would definitely use him again. His bed size manor isn't the best but he did take the time to talk when needed. Could tell he had a lot of surgeries when I was in the hospital. His assistant Dr Shears wasn't a surgeon but he visited and he was extremely good and informative. Mine was delayed only because he had a couple life and death situations to deal with.

no explanations of symptoms or offers of remedy. Poor communication. show details no explanations of symptoms or offers of remedy. Poor communication.
by MikeL on Apr 21st, 2014

Dr. Kelly sent me for a plethora of tests and my last appointment he failed to give any explanations of the results or solutions. EXTREMELY poor communication. I would not recomment him to anyone for anything.

Urgent, Urgent, Urgent lump under L/C below shaved hairline show details Urgent, Urgent, Urgent lump under L/C below shaved hairline
by Plambeck, Bonnie L. on Dec 5th, 2013

Kevin, this is Larry, Bonnie has something poking against the inside of her skin, left of center, two inches below the shaved hairline. Please have someone in the field give me a call. I spoke to Jeff at Medtronics already.

Don't go to this doctor..!!!! show details Don't go to this doctor..!!!!
Nov 26th, 2012

This has to be the worst doctor I have ever been too.. RUDE, ARROGANT AND UNCARING..Shame on you Dr. Kelly..!! It is really crapping that I had to pay for your rudeness.. Your young.. If I were you I would change my ways.,.People do read reviews by the way.. Your behavior is UNACCEPTABLE!!! I WOULD TRAVEL TO A DIFFERENT STATE IF YOU WERE THE ONLY NEURO SURGEON IN Illinois.. Your nurse is no better.. Your in the wrong businessMaybe you should of been a lawyer with all of your nastiness. Same your money and time and find a different doctor

Neck Fusion show details Neck Fusion
Mar 6th, 2012

While his tactfulness is typical of a surgeon, his skill is outstanding. I had a C5-C6 neck fusion done by him in February of 2011. I am 300% better than I was. Use him with confidence. He is REALLY good at what he does.David Loudenback of Oklahoma City

Find another Neurosurgeon... show details Find another Neurosurgeon...
Feb 1st, 2011

Kevin Kelly is such a jerk, he has no compassion for his patients, he delivers bad news without the slightest concern for his patients. My daughter ran out of the hospital room crying and he could have cared less. He may be intelligent but he needs to work on his bedside manner. Also his staff is rude and it is difficult to schedule appointments. The native american nurse does not convey his messages, she is purely unprofessional. Find another neurosurgeon, there are better ones out there, with compassion and heart. He's in it for the money.

Sep 2nd, 2010

This is the rudest, least caring Physician I have ever been to. He performed one surgery on me which had to be repaired by another doctor 3 days later. I never saw him again after the surgery, instead I was seen by PA's both in the Hospital and at follow-up visits at his office. I don't believe he cares about his patients.