Dr. Kevin Murphy MD Patient Reviews

3.1

September 27th, 2016
Obnoxious
I don't think this gentleman enjoys his profession any longer. His frustration with political influence in healthcare has clouded his compassion for people. He's the type that seems to believe that the majority of people are stupid. While I don't entirely disagree with him, it's not the best view to have as a healthcare provider. Inappropriate political statements and stories implicating the ignorance of the patients are best reserved for a more appropriate setting than the clinic during a patient visit.

January 16th, 2016
Rude and Hates his Job...
When I first started going to Dr. Murphy, I loved him! He was funny, made you laugh, and I thought he through job during my checkups. After a few months I was being treated for high cholesterol and ADD, and suddenly without warning he said I shouldn't be on any medications, I didn't need them. My lab results showed my cholesterol levels were through the roof, and without my ADD medication my blood pressure soared. He also would complain about how awful his job. Maybe he should prescribe himself some depression meds, he went from happy cheery to down in the dumps bad!

February 10th, 2015
Very rude lately
Afters years of seeing this doctor with no problems he is suddenly rude, insulting and clearly has strong beliefs about certain types of medications he doesn't even seem to have thoroughly researched in recent years.

February 3rd, 2015
Great doctor-4 star. Best, quick and timely service I've ever seen.

August 12th, 2014
$164.00
wanted $164.00 for a office visit since i am self pay.

March 8th, 2014
I've been going to this doctor for many years. I liked him, at first, but have gotten very tired of having to listen to his political beliefs every time I go there. Also, the joking around is fine, but NOT when a person is feeling miserable from something and asking for his help, only to be brushed off like he doesn't want to be bothered. I don't come to the doctor for politics. I come because I need medical help, and he is unwilling to listen or help with anything anymore. If anyone can recommend a compassionate, caring FamDoc, I'd really appreciate it.

July 2nd, 2013
Will never go see this person again
This person is very rude and is a bully. Does not listen and monopolizes the conversation talking about his political beliefs. Actually pinched his fingers together at me when I tried to ask a question. He has been this way with each member of my family. We're going to another family doctor.

December 28th, 2011
Awesome
I think he is a great doctor. I have been going to him for over twenty years. He has always took time to listen to me. He has always been right on his diagnosis. If I didnt have money for the meds he gave me samples until I could get the meds filled.He does tell a lot of jokes so if you dont like jokes then go to a boring doctor. He is just trying to make you feel better.

June 1st, 2010
Great Doctor!
I have been going to Dr Murphy now for several years and he is a fantastic doctor. He always does everything very speedily but also manages to be incredibly accurate. He does his best to make you laugh, cause no one likes to be sick! So if you cant handle a couple jokes while you're feeling down, then stick to your boring doctors! Dr Murphy is very caring and passionate about what he does, and does a extraordinary job at being a physician.

March 8th, 2010
Great at Diagnosing Problems; Tries to Be Too Funny
Dr Murphy is fantastic at diagnosing problems, even issues that other docs are perplexed by. But he is very difficult to interact with because he is constantly telling jokes, mostly that insult the patient. He also is not very gracious with working with patients when issues arise.

September 4th, 2008
Stress
He does not believe in Stress related issues.He laughed at me and said "You Don't know what stress is until you have followed me around and listen to people complain about Nothing all day." WOW I'm impressed,I just met the only person on earth that has to deal with Stress.