Family Physicians

The Family Doctors
8383 Millicent Way
Shreveport, LA 71115
318-797-6661
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  $164.00  |  show details
by james paige on Aug 12th, 2014

wanted $164.00 for a office visit since i am self pay.

|  show details
Mar 8th, 2014

I've been going to this doctor for many years. I liked him, at first, but have gotten very tired of having to listen to his political beliefs every time I go there. Also, the joking around is fine, but NOT when a person is feeling miserable from something and asking for his help, only to be brushed off like he doesn't want to be bothered. I don't come to the doctor for politics. I come because I need medical help, and he is unwilling to listen or help with anything anymore. If anyone can recommend a compassionate, caring FamDoc, I'd really appreciate it.

|  Will never go see this person again  |  show details
by M Millan on Jul 2nd, 2013

This person is very rude and is a bully. Does not listen and monopolizes the conversation talking about his political beliefs. Actually pinched his fingers together at me when I tried to ask a question. He has been this way with each member of my family. We're going to another family doctor.

|  Awesome  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

I think he is a great doctor. I have been going to him for over twenty years. He has always took time to listen to me. He has always been right on his diagnosis. If I didnt have money for the meds he gave me samples until I could get the meds filled.He does tell a lot of jokes so if you dont like jokes then go to a boring doctor. He is just trying to make you feel better.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Jared T on Jun 1st, 2010

I have been going to Dr Murphy now for several years and he is a fantastic doctor. He always does everything very speedily but also manages to be incredibly accurate. He does his best to make you laugh, cause no one likes to be sick! So if you cant handle a couple jokes while you're feeling down, then stick to your boring doctors! Dr Murphy is very caring and passionate about what he does, and does a extraordinary job at being a physician.

|  Great at Diagnosing Problems; Tries to Be Too Funny  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2010

Dr Murphy is fantastic at diagnosing problems, even issues that other docs are perplexed by. But he is very difficult to interact with because he is constantly telling jokes, mostly that insult the patient. He also is not very gracious with working with patients when issues arise.

|  Stress  |  show details
by Amazed on Sep 4th, 2008

He does not believe in Stress related issues.He laughed at me and said "You Don't know what stress is until you have followed me around and listen to people complain about Nothing all day." WOW I'm impressed,I just met the only person on earth that has to deal with Stress.