Psychiatrists

Glen Iris
619 19th St S
Birmingham, AL 35249
205-934-5038
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  No Pulse  |  show details
by Tahitia Davis Thomas on Sep 26th, 2013

I took my 6 year old to see this man concerning his ADHD.My son`s meds needed to be regulated because it was making him disengaged and sleepy.I don`t who was more disengaged my son or this doctor.He has the bedside manner of a slug.He didn`t even smile at my son.I will say he told a corny joke about a snail ...or something.I told him I was going to have further tests done on my son by a psychometrist through the Birmingham City Schools and he simply bashed that whole idea,but he offered me no alternative.This Doctor was dry.He appeared to be inexperienced and uncomfortable around my son and I .He offered no helpful tips or resources that I may take advantage of to help my 6 year old son.I realize I was there to get his meds. changed ,but as a psychiatrist there should have been more insight about ADHD given,whether I ask for it or not.It has been really difficult for my little boy and my family.He `s really trying his best to be a regular kid.I have yet to find a caring understanding Doc who`s really going to make a difference in my son`s life.I`m really sad over this.I`m really dissatisfied with this guy and that staff.