Family Physicians

681 Medical Center Dr W
Ste 103
Clovis, CA 93611
559-299-2200
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  What a mean, rude, anxious, verbally abusive little man!!!  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2013

My Word! He actually escalated to the point of shouting at my husband and myself!! I thought he was going to become hysterical... As he's telling us 'he doesn't DO diabetes or insulin!' Someone needs to sedate this man, take away his God- syndrome, and then remove him from public interaction! What an embarrassment to the medical profession...he needs to be reviewed and investigated and have his MD license removed!

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Debbie H. on Aug 31st, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Wingert's for almost 20 years. I first started going to his office when my old PCP could not diagnose my condition and kept telling me to "come back in six weeks if the symptoms don't improve." It took Dr. Wingert several months and consultations to positively diagnose my condition, but through it all, he assured me that he wouldn't give up. I appreciate that the doctor doesn't waste time and is efficient when he's with his patients, but this does not in any way translate to my ever feeling like he is rushing me out the door. I go in prepared to tell him what he needs to know to treat me. If I have questions, they are written down ahead of time, and he always deals with those first and asks if there are any more before he moves on. Because he is efficient, I don't sit in the waiting room for an hour before my appointments like I frequently do with other doctors. The doctor knows me as a person and is aware of things in my life that can at times affect my health - my job stress, death of a family member, etc., so he is definitely a caring doctor. If you are an established patient, it is very easy to get an appointment when you are sick. NP Jessica is caring and extremely knowledgeable. Yes, she has an accent, but I have never had her get impatient with me for asking her to repeat anything. Not only that, she gives hugs after difficult visits. I have referred many friends and coworkers to Dr. Wingert's practice because I think he is the best physician. He stays on top of research and has training in many areas. And as another patient reviewer said, he is a human, not God. He can't fix everything, but he will give it his all.

|  Dr. Notnice  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

Very mean person. Not personable.

Jul 16th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Wingert for over a year receiving accupuncture and consultation regarding chronic health issues. He has been wonderful I've made significant progress with chronic pain, depression, anxiety, and obesity issues. He's very responsive to requests for information his input is useable and addresses the subtleties of my issues.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

I have been going here for almost 2 years and I gotta say all of the doctors I saw were rude and in a hurry to shove me out the door for the next patient. I had Dr. Wingert refuse me pain medication when I was in severe pain and basically insinuated I was a drug addict!!! What kind of a doctor does that? Then one weekend I hurt my leg one day and my back the next and they REFUSED to see me for both at the same time because they were not related. I had to make two separate appointments and pay two separate bills. Money scam? Definitely...I saw the female doctor Jessica several times and she is one of the hardest people to understand and when you ask her to repeat herself because you do not understand her, she gets really rude and your visit is over at that point.I recently started having major medical problems and after giving gallons of blood, being poked and prodded, being a guinne pig for Dr. Wingert and his "try this and see if it works" methods, my last and FINAL visit with Dr. Wingert ended with him saying "I'm still not sure, but I want you to start taking ANOTHER medication to see if this helps." I got up and walked out and never went back. For all I know all of the different medications he had me "try" over the past few years it what has caused my problems.I dont even want to get into what just happened to my newely pregnant wife there last month or where they sent her to go for the rest of her pregnancy.The people that gave good reviews on here either know Dr. Wingert personally, work for him, or simply happened to have squeeked through unscaved because they only see the doctors for routine stuff.Try it for yourself if you like, but I strongly suggest to look elsewhere if you want an actual caring and compassionate doctor because all you are going to get here is a relvolving door that wants you to pay your bill and get out so the next person can pay theirs.

|  Office visit with Dr. is like a bad blind date who can't wait to ditch you!  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

Kevin treats your visit like it's an imposition rather than his chosen profession. I saw him for over a year to give it a fair go but I felt I was the only one trying to dignose my health. He is a very smart man but his bed side manners and long wait times over weighed his strengths.

|  KNOWS ME  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Wingert for over 20-yrs. As well as my Mother & my husband. The staff has always been very helpful to get me if I have an urgent matter. Yes he can get upset, but it is only because he didn't get reports and/or info from my surgeon timley. I know & respect that he wants the best treatment for me, even if that is a referral; which I have no problem getting. NP Jessica is awsome & takes care of me very well. Dr & Jessica call me at home personally with important test results. When my Mother died I also received a call from Dr. Dr Wingert does expect his patients to participate in their health care.

|  I know him in a professional capacity  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

He is the best diagnostic clinician I know. If you want someone to figure out whats wrong with you especially when you have many complaints that you might not think fit together he can figure it out. Some times when her has alot of this type of pt. in arow it can stress you out. But boy does he care.

Feb 18th, 2011

I have seen Dr Wingert for many years. His office staff is better than it has ever been and things seem to run efficiently. He has an excellent PA named Jessica who is great with patients. Dr. Wingert has once been abrupt with me but I chalk it up to his having a bad day...we all have them. I think he is a good GP, but of course not as knowledgeable as a specialist. I think his only short coming is being reluctant to refer me to a specialist on occasion when I felt it would help. Doctors are men not Gods. No one is perfect.

|  with my parent...  |  show details
by daughter of patient on Aug 25th, 2010

more interested in my moms insurance and signature on all the paperwork. The front office could ahve been nicer. Dr was great a little in a hurry but thats ok re arranged meds and it works!! nurse was into her conversation with the other employee and sales rep to help us so we just left My moms too old to change but I took notice (obviously)

Jul 22nd, 2009

Extremely rude and verbally abusive. For the last three visits, he has berated me for taking up too much of his time. (He only spends 7-10 minutes per patient.)I would not want to rely on this doctor for anything more than a mild infection. This doctor needs a new career, perhaps as an auto mechanic or oil change specialist. Needless to say I am searching for a new practitioner.

|  The worst MD I met  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2009

This doctor told me that he had a very busy practice in the clinic and that he could only spend 10 minutes with me. He said if I expect a doctor to spend more time, I should find another doctor. He was very rude and impatient to me.