Dr. Keyvan Shirazi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

December 5th, 2013
Worst Dr I have ever had
This guy is obviously too money hungry to care about patients. He never sees you (I've had about 5 appointments and only seen him once, the rest are with his lovely assistant, who is equally as UNknowledgeable, but really knows how to apply makeup well). The nurses/secretaries treat you badly, and if you ask why it's taking so long after an hour and half of sitting there, they make you wait another hour (on purpose). They are very bitter. They are unprofessional, you can hear them talking about other patients in the lobby, if you ask a question, the answer is 'because'... I don't even know if they are nurses, because a nurse would have more info than that. They treat you like an animal, thrusting the needle into your skin. I've never had an injection move my whole body on the bed! I asked a question about the injection, the "nurse" stared at me and walked away. I asked for the Dr and he wasn't even there, on multiple occasions. I have a friend who had a kidney infection for about 2 weeks, went to this guy and he gave him pain relievers until he went to the ER and was given heavy antibiotics and hospitalized... I guess this Dr was taught that pain relievers cure infections? Stay away. He obviously doesn't care enough to examine his patients or get decent staff, don't be the next victim!

June 21st, 2013
HORRIBLE staff! The red head is particularly offensive. Entire waiting room was complaining. I left without even seeing the doctor

April 10th, 2013
Doesn't know a thing!!!

April 6th, 2013
not a good experience

January 18th, 2012
WARNING
WARNING. THIS DOCTOR IS ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY. MY FATHER CAME TO HIM MONTH AFTER MONTH WITH ABNORMAL BLOOD WORK. DR. SHIRAZ TOLD HIM THAT ALL HE NEEDED TO DO WAS CHANGE HIS DIET. IT TOOK A TIA FOR US TO REALIZE THAT SOMETHING SERIOUS WAS WRONG. AFTER BEING IN THE HOSPITAL WE LEARNED MY FATHER HAD STAGE 4 LIVER CANCER THAT SPREAD TO MANY OTHER PARTS OF HIS BODY. MY FATHER RECENTLY PASSED AWAY. HAD DR. SHIRAZI DONE HIS JOB CORRECTLY MY FATHER MAY STILL BE ALIVE OR COULD HAVE HAD MORE TIME TO LIVE. AFTER HE FOUND OUT ABOUT MY FATHERS CONDITION DR. SHIRAZI DID NOT EVEN CALL ONCE TO SEE HOW HE IS DOING. IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GOOD DR. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING TO DR SHIRAZI. HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATENTS WELL BEING, HE ONLY CARES ABOUT HIS OWN.

February 18th, 2010
Do not go to this clinic! It took me 5+ hours to get a few vaccines!
I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Shirazi, having been referred by my physician to get vaccines for a trip. Needless to see it was the most absurd doctor visit of my life. **Issue 1** I showed up to my appointment, only to find out they were instead having me see a random nurse of their's instead of Dr. Shirazi. **Issue 2** I said fine, and they told me they didn't have my medical records that my physician had faxed over. They wouldn't call my physician, so I had to call their office and act as an intermediate between his secratary and Dr. Shirazi's while standing in Dr. Shirazi's waiting room. **Issue 3** Next Dr. Shirazi told me their credit card machine was broken and I would have to pay them in cash before they would see me. They demanded close to $500 and would not see me until I went to the bank. They would not even see me and hold my laptop as collateral or take a check. Of course they would not take insurance (Blue Cross PPO). I couldn't tell if they were trying to scam me or if they were legitimate, but I had not choice. **Issue 4** I got the money, and they then made me wait literally 1 hour in the waiting room. Then they took me to the doctor's office and made me wait another 1 hour (no exaggeration) while I could hear the doctor talking to a friend on the phone in the other room. Finally, the doctor saw me, said he would be right back, left for 30-40 minutes and then came back again to finish the visit. **Issue 5** After seeing the doctor he suggested I get some vaccines. Of course this meant another 40 minutes in the waiting room, before the nurse was able to see me for the shots. **Issue 6** They also prescribed me some malaria medication, of which their pharmacy only had half of the proper dose. Of course they did not tell me this, until after waiting 15 minutes for them to fill my prescription. **Issue 7** I extended my trip to China so needed a second prescription for the Malaria drug. I called the doctor from China to ask him what to do, and he never returned my calls. Bottom line: there is no reason to go here.

October 12th, 2009
friendly and efficient staff
caring doctor. also, this office is very well run-- the staff (esp. nice office manager) makes it easy to deal with a very hectic office!

July 14th, 2008
Good dr, but downsides make him just okay
Dr Shirazi is good at making diagnosis and seems like he cares about his patients.. But he's very inconsistent and doesn't spend enough time. You get the feeling he's making a pit stop, he's always in such a hurry. Also, the staff are very nice but when you call, it can take up to ten minutes to be able to make an appointment.