Khaled L Amr MD Patient Reviews

• Anesthesiology Columbus, OH

3.2

August 24th, 2016
This Doctor is sent to me from haven
Really caring doctor. I have not seen any doctor like him. He take good care of me and my family like a brother.

August 21st, 2016
Great doctor and nice staff

August 19th, 2016
I just love this Doctor
They moved to another place. It looks like a spa. Nice people, very cooperative and professional. They called my insurance and fixed my problem within minutes. The doctor is nice, have a lot of experience and looks for my best interest.

August 18th, 2016
Great doctor
The only Doctor that could diagnose my medical problem.

January 14th, 2016
Great Doctot
Great doctor. When I first saw him, I could not walk because of my back injury. Now, I can walk without a cane and I am having a better life.

October 25th, 2014
This practice was a joke
I didn't have the option of picking my doctor as I was appointed to dr amr. Off the bat the office was dirty and the staff was rude. As a medical professional myself dr amr and his office lacked competence, organization, patient privacy, and sanitation. I was taken back my initial visit to the other side of the nurse window(behind the door) where dr amr violated my privacy by exposing my case, symptoms, and personal information in front of the receptionist and patients waiting in the lobby because the windows were wide open. Patient safety and patient privacy should be the first and foremost step in patient care. Dr amr kept cutting me off when I was trying to speak and ask questions and instantly told me I needed injections done by him if I "wanted to win my case" . He spent less than five minutes with me and immediately wanted to administer injections. He was oblivious to his actions and has no professionalism. I was told I didn't have to wait because my paperwork had been filled out, but that wasn't the case. I waited over 45 min from my initial appointment and then I was told it would be another 30min oh and if I didn't want to wait then I was free to leave. Dr amr does not have the experience he claims to have nor the best interest of his patients. I was fathomed by the implications of this office and I question all medical care being provided by this dr. I will never step foot in that practice again and I will report his acts that violated my privacy to the cdc and health department for fiurther action.

October 21st, 2014
I just discovered "Vitals" and started looking up a few of my doctors and surgeons and when I got to Dr. Amr I read the reviews and was REALLY surprised to see there were actually a couple good reviews. So I figured I'd write this review to let folks know that my experience with Dr. Amr, was NOT IN ANY WAY GOOD! Dr. Amr is nothing more than a money hungry, egotistical, cranky"doctor". I was his patient, note the "I was his patient" because he SURE didn't act like he was "my doctor", for around 6 or 7 months and FROM DAY ONE he was CONSTANTLY pushing me to get what he said were state medical board REQUIRED "procedures", things like injections, nerve blocks, stimulator tests and any and everything else he could make a buck on! After the few months I saw him he finally said that "unless I had MULTIPLE procedures he would no longer see me as a patient. Thank God I refused the spinal cord injections because this was around the time all those people got sick, and some died, and I can only imagine where his injection medicines come from. I also alway look at how clean an office is and the information on the walls and in general the "look" of a doctors office. Dr. Amr's office is a MESS even the check in window is a mess, with all the different signs taped to the window it looks like some community bulletin board, but the signs are all about what you can and can't expect and how much you must pay etc... It's just not professional. I also pay attention to wait time after my appointment time and I ALWAYS waited at LEAST 45 minutes and most of the time it was more than an hour. And it's not like he spends time with you or even listens to you. As a matter of fact after my first visit he wrote my prescription BEFORE EVEN SEEING ME, the normal appointment was me sitting in an "exam" room for around an hour and the he'd walk in hand me the prescriptions and then he'd leave! And NEVER disagree with him or ask questions because he'll just say something that makes you feel like you're bothering him and causing other patients to have to wait. UNLESS he wants to whine about how little he gets paid for seeing you if you're on Medicaid then he makes you feel like you don't deserve to see him. This guy might be a doctor but he sure doesn't behave like ANY other doctor I've ever been to. With Dr. Amr CONSTANTLY trying to force me into procedures or injections or blocks I could tell he knows he's got a way to make a LOT of cash quick and he's going to milk it, AND YOU, for ALL HE CAN GET! And like one of the other reviews said don't let him trick or force you into procedures because "the medical board requires it" (they don't by the way), it's just his way of getting you to give him more of your money! Avoid this guy, unless you want to give away money for something that isn't gonna do you any good. I'm glad I was only his patient for 6 or 7 months God knows I couldn't afford his "methods" for long. Give this Doctor a miss, you'll thank yourself later, I truly wish I had never been referred to him. As I type this I'm consulting an attorney because of "Standard of Care" issues, I'm glad I secretly recorded all my office visits and even videoed a couple. For example, My blood pressure was NEVER taken during any office visit or at any time I was a patient of Dr Amr. We will see what the medical board says before we go to court and I will try to post another review as this matter proceeds.

June 19th, 2014
PEOPLE WHINE TO MUCH
its unfortunate that all these people are whining about this dr and stating that he is in it only for the money, because that is not true. This doctor is the only doctor that helps out the patient if they can not afford a visit or if they are short. I don't know what people expect,you complain about waiting for a hour in his office, well you obviously haven't been anywhere else cause the wait is more like 5-6 hours. people who whine about the money ARE WRONG, Dr. Amr does care about spending time with his patients and for being a doctor these days they don't get enough money from anyone for the time they put into and for the people they have to put up with. It sounds to me that these whiners must of been discharged and don't want to tell the true story of what they probably did themselves. DR. Amr is a GREAT DR...

March 1st, 2014
Be prepared to PAY... and PAY... and PAY, THOU$AND$ or dropped as a patient with no warning!
I just discovered "Vitals" and started looking up a few of my doctors and surgeons almost all have been great, and then there's Dr. Amr, who wasn't. I read the reviews and was REALLY surprised to see there were actually a couple good reviews. So I figured I'd write this review to let folks know that my experience with Dr. Amr, was NOT IN ANY WAY, GOOD! Dr. Amr is nothing more than a money hungry, egotistical, cranky "doctor". I was his patient, note the "I was his patient" because he SURE didn't act like he was "my doctor"! FROM MY VERY FIRST APPOINTMENT he began pushing me to get what he said were "state medical board REQUIRED" "procedures", things like injections, nerve blocks, stimulator tests and any and everything else he could make a buck doing! After the few months I saw him he finally said that "unless I had MULTIPLE procedures he would no longer let me be "his patient", again "because the Ohio Medical Board required" that I get them done. Thank God, I refused the spinal cord injections because this was around the time all those people got sick, and some died, and I can only imagine where his injection medicines come from. I also always look at how clean an office is and any information on the walls and in general the "look" of a doctors office. Dr. Amr's office is a MESS even the check in window is a mess, with all the different signs taped to the window it looks like some community bulletin board, but the signs are all about what you MUST do or pay or provide, etc... It's not professional. I also pay attention to wait time after my appointment time and I ALWAYS waited at LEAST 45 minutes and most of the time it was more than an hour. And then it's not like he spends time with you or even listens to you. As a matter of fact after my first visit he wrote my prescription BEFORE EVEN EXAMINING me, the normal appointment was me sitting in an "exam" room for around an hour and the he'd walk in hand me the prescriptions and then he'd leave! NEVER disagree with him or ask questions because he'll just say something that makes you feel like you're bothering him and causing other patients to have to wait, UNLESS he wants to whine about how little he gets paid for letting you be "his patient". If you're on Medicaid then he makes you feel like you're just a worthless bother and not worth his "valuable time" and actually don't deserve to be "his patient". This guy might be a doctor but he sure doesn't behave like ANY other doctor I've ever been to. With Dr. Amr CONSTANTLY trying to force me into procedures or injections or blocks I could tell he knows he's got a way to make a LOT of cash quick and he's going to milk it, AND YOU, for ALL HE CAN GET! And like one of the other reviews said don't let him trick or force you into procedures because "the medical board requires it" (they don't by the way), it's just his way of getting you to give him more of your money! Avoid this guy, unless you want to give away money for something that isn't gonna do you any good. I'm glad I was only his patient for 6 or 7 months God knows I couldn't afford his "methods" for long. Give this Doctor a miss, you'll thank yourself later, I truly wish I had never been referred to him.

February 13th, 2014
A nightmare of a doctor!
Having seen this doctor for years and thinking he wasn't all about the money, I can assure you that YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TO HIM! He has discharged so many patients AS They ARE LEAVING, with nothing but a "Oh by the way, you're no longer a patient". I did think he cared but when it became apparent that it was ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, and if you don't have any he don't care! If you're going to him start looking for another doctor TODAY, and if you're considering going to him DON'T unless you're prepared to be used until you run out of cash. Be prepared to be FORCED into "procedures" which he'll say the Medical Board requires, they DON'T by the way and I know because I called and spoke to the Medical Board about procedures being required and was told they ARE NOT required, and if you refuse injections, or nerve blocks or spinal stimulator tests he will discharge you as a patient. He also doesn't listen and actually writes prescriptions BEFORE seeing you. An "appointment" is you sitting in an "exam" room for about an hour the doctor walking in, handing you your prescriptions and him leaving. I think he also is taking kickback from the drug testing lab he uses because I've never had to take drug tests so often. I understand they are needed but EVERY OTHER MONTH might be overdoing it "for some reason". At the 5 other doctors I've used in my 20+ years dealing with pain the most I ever paid was a couple hundred dollars but his labs test were more than $1,200.00. Just Be Careful with this guy he's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

February 8th, 2014
Avoid! Avoid! Just looking for quick cash! Does NOT care AT ALL!
Initially Dr. Amr might seem like he cares but don't be fooled! He only cares as long as you have CASH to pay the $300.00 every time you go. If you happen to have a bad month and are short on cash he WILL NOT see you. He really doesn't care about you, he rushes and doesn't listen. If you have new symptoms... tough, he has already decided what you are going through BEFORE he even talks to you. The main thing about this Doctor is he's NOT concerned about you! He is FAR MORE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR MONEY AND HOW MUCH OF IT HE CAN GET AND HOW QUICK HE CAN GET IT FROM YOU! BEWARE!

January 31st, 2014
This doctor is ONLY in it for the cash. And NEVER question anything he says!
If you are considering this doctor I STRONGLY urge you to look elsewhere! It is a shame that Dr Amr is very, VERY obviously in it for the money and if you don't have a LOT of money he sends you on your way with no notice! When I asked if he could recommend another pain doctor he said no and laughed at me as he said "Good luck with that" seriously he laughed and said "good luck with that". I would urge EVERYONE and ANYONE that is a patient or considering going to him to START TODAY looking for another doctor, yes start looking TODAY, because without warning he IS going to send you away telling you he won't see you anymore and then laugh at you as you ask for a recommendation of another doctor. There are a few other things I won't mention here because I believe the state medical board will be interested in them. I am SO glad I recorded all my visit's, and the funny thing is, is that the only reason I recorded them to begin with was to make sure I was following his instructions! But now I have a complete (5 year electronic record) way of proving just how bad this guy is. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this guy and if you are currently seeing him, start looking right now for a new doctor to treat your pain... I CAN GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE NEEDING ONE!