Dr. Khaled Tawansy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 28th, 2016
Cataract and Retina surgery
wrote a previous review and made a mistake. The review should of said that in my right eye where Tawansy did cataract surgery, my vision has gotten much worse instead of better. He ruined my eye!

January 23rd, 2016
Tawansy did a retinal and cataract surgery on my right eye. He said that after about 3 months my eye would feel normal and that eye flashes, squigglies, shadows, feeling like my eye has a peripheral problem and other weird symptoms that I DID NOT have before surgery would go away. Besides 6 months later still having all these awful symptoms, my eye sight on the right eye hasn't gotten considerably worse since he decided to laser that same eye with at least 50 to 70 shots of the laser. He did not sedate me. He did not brace my head with the strap that was connected to the contraption that I had to put my head on. Also since surgery to this day it is hard to work on a computer which is my job and fluorescent lights hurt my eyes. GET A SECOND OPINION! Also every appointment was at least a 2.5 to 3.5 hour wait to I was finally seen by Tawansy. He is obviously in it for the MONEY. I forgot to also mention that in the prep operating room I had to be in there with several prisoners!

December 21st, 2015
Best doctor I ever had!

May 6th, 2015
Bad Experience!
Very bad experience! Do you reasearch at all the different loctions he has worked. Wish I had.

April 7th, 2015
Took Very Good Care of Me and My Eye
An Amazing Doctor...he took my case straight away. His surgical clinic in Pasadena is the epitome of efficiency and professionalism. I also received excellent after-care. He gave me his cell phone to call the days right after my surgery. A staff member also called to check in on me. I traveled 150 miles each way to see Dr. Tawansy because he is that good.

March 19th, 2015
emergency surgery
Best ophthalmologist I've seen

December 17th, 2014
this man saved my eye!!

July 8th, 2014
Good luck getting an apt. I called n was on hold for ten min. Finically I hung up and called back only to be hung up on twice!

July 29th, 2013
Top Rate Surgeon for Children's Eye Surgery
Top rate children's retina surgeon; I would highly recommend. He has performed multiple eye surgeries on our son Graham and his reputation for being one of the top surgeons in the country for children's eye issues is well deserved.

August 13th, 2012
A wonderful and kind human being. Exceptional, outstanding. Friendly to everyone of any race. No discrimination here. #1 Dr, Surgeon. I feel we are very lucky to have him. Thank you Dr. Tawansy

July 27th, 2012
Thank God for Dr. Tawansy!! Because of him my daughter has been able to see and succeed in school!!! I was really lucky to find a doctor as knowledgeable and as compassionate as he is!!!

June 22nd, 2012
Dr. Tawansy's surgery is very effective, however the people who work at the front desk, espically Nayeri, are very inpolite and act like they do not care about the patient and act like they do not even want to be there. Its understandable that you are busy causing wait times to be over 2 hours on average, but being rude and impolite to customers is not the correct way to handle these situations.