Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

3.0

Apr 21st, 2016

Let me start off by saying he was not my first choice in doctors but also not my last choice. I'd heard a few mixed reviews about him. I know most people don't review unless they had a bad experience so I went ahead and made an appointment with him. (He was also the only doctor in my area accepting the insurance I had at the time). Got in to see him at 7 weeks. I knew at my first visit that things were just off but couldn't switch doctors due to the insurance concern. He has ONE person working in his office acting as both the receptionist and medical assistant. This one person didn't even do things properly. She never did urine checks, weighed me, or checked my blood pressure. She just wrote down some numbers on the backs of random sheets of paper. She didn't even use actual medical sheets. Waited in the tiny wairing room forever to see the doctor (I thought it might've just been a busy day, but this has continued at every single appointment). He obviously had to do a Pap smear and I was aware but he gave no warning when he was about to stick the speculum in and he is not gentle at all. He actually caused me pain. While doing my Pap smear he was also discussing other patients as if I wasn't in the room. He referred to other patients in a derogatory manner, calling some of them "riff raff" and saying they were trashy. He thwn proceeded to ask about my tattoos and how many I had and why I have them. Asked if the baby's father also has any. Said they are "scary" and I shouldn't have them. I was then given a sheet to go get all my bloodwork done. Fast forward to around 20 weeks and he still wouldn't schedule an ultrasound (they don't do any ultrasounds or tests in office). He finally scheduled my first ultrasound at 28 weeks. Luckily there were no issues with baby. Around this time was also when I was sent to do the glucose test. I had an appointment at 12 that day and hadn't eaten since the night before and got sent, with no prior warning, to get the test done that day. I was told it was to be performed that day and I couldn't wait any longer. So I went and sat at the lab to get the testing done for HOURS and when I finally got called back I was told they couldn't do it that day because they were closing in less than an hour. So I hadn't eaten for nearly 24 hours at this point because the doctor demanded I get the testing done that day. I also needed to get a rhogam shot and he had to write the orders for it and kept not doing it. I wasn't able to get it done until around 35 weeks when it was supposed to have been done weeks before that. He also ordered another ultrasound at 34 weeks. Gave me no updates on how that ultrasound looked. He got new staff in his office. Now one receptionist and one medical assistant. Both very unprofessional. The new medical assistant actually does the urine checks, weighs you, etc. However she's been writing that I'm over a week behind what I actually am and giving no explanation when I called he out on it. I'm 40 weeks now so he's been checking my cervix for a few weeks now. He still discusses other patients in front of me while doing so. He's also refused to induce me, no matter what. He claims the hospital won't let him. But he told me he would do a c section this week if I wanted him to. Which is something he's been pushing me, and apparently all of his other patients, to do. I know this is super long and I apologize but I just wanted to get it out for everyone who considers using him. He's very unprofessional and very rude. He's pushy and wants things to go his way despite the health of baby and mother. I would NOT recommend him to anyone.

worst experience ever show details worst experience ever
by mommy2be on Oct 19th, 2015

So for almost two years me and my husband tried for a baby and we finally ended up pregnant! This entire time I've dreamed about how wonderful things would be. The positive pregnancy test, the ultrasounds, the doctors appointments, it all seemed so exciting! Well I used doctor kayani because I was looking for someone I could trust with the safety and health of me and my baby and also trusted that he would provide comfort through this journey as well. I saw his bad reviews and told myself "most people only goce reviews when they have a bad experience, they don't bother when things went well" and I overlooked all the complaints. The day I've been waiting for finally came. My app was at 8:45 when their office doesn't open until 9!! I get there and say can I come back tomorrow (mind you I live an hour away and don't drive so I have to pay someone to take me each time) and I told them it was near impossible. They let me do my blood work and then called me to come back that the doctor was in. There's a room full of patients and not enough chairs to seat everyone (the waiting room is cramped with about 6 chairs to seat the patients) and EVERYONE had only bad things to say. They told me I'm not too far along and to find another doctor fast! I ignored them and went back for my visit. He we t on and on about two little tattoosiI have and my piercings. He askedif my husband had tats or piercongs. He even asked my mom if she had any tattoos. He asked what was wrong with my teeth when nothing was wrong with them (they're nice straight and white) then asked if I smoked cigs pot drank or did cocaine. I told him I didn't do anything but smoke cigs and he said "ok I wrote u need to quit smoking cigs and marijuana" like seriously? I don't smoke pot and that makes me look bad! He said the reason my dad had diabetes (family history) was probably due to food and alcohol. That's very rude! It runs in my dads family. He didn't even tell me he was giving me a pap smear he just had me get naked and spread my legs (sure I knew what was coming but a doctor should warn you) and just went to putting the speculum in and had a go with me. Didn't ask me how my pregnancy was going or if I had any questions. Didn't inform me on anything at all. Showed zero concern. The entire visit was a huge disappointment. I wouldn't refer someone's DOG to doctor kayani! He is not a good doctor and definitely not a good choice for first time moms or any pregnant woman for that matter! You've been warned and I promise you won't like the outcome of this doctor.

Parent show details Parent
by M johnson on Oct 2nd, 2015

Worst office staff ever!!!!

Jun 4th, 2015

Very poor service!

No, Never Again! show details No, Never Again!
Jan 29th, 2015

OMG, NEVER AGAIN WILL I COME TO DR. KAYANI! This is my first pregnancy so I just chose him because his name sounded familiar. He was good with me at the beginning, but that soon all changed. He is so rude, he doesn't thoroughly answer questions, he rushes appointments, he has an attitude, he doesn't tell you if you're suffering from any yeast infections, etc. I can go on & on about this doctor. I just know that I won't recommend him to anyone, nor will I go back to him after this pregnancy. Plus his office is so small, it's been many times that patients have had to stand u, or stand outside because it was so crowded!

Jun 7th, 2013

The staff was polite and professional, unlike ghetto staff I encountered with another OB/GYN. Dr. Kayani was well educated and took time to answer my questions with thorough explanations and answers. Dr. Kayani has a great bedside manner as well.

Worst dr experience ever show details Worst dr experience ever
Oct 2nd, 2012

This has been my first pregnancy and this was my delivering doctor. I regret ever coming to this doctors office because all I've experienced is constant hospital visits and calls to his office. He prescribed me bladder infection pills when he didn't even collect samples or run a test, my csection incision opened and stayed open for 6 weeks and he didn't close it back up, and when I called him he hung up on my face stating he was "too busy". I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Please ladies seek another health professional because this doctor is not professional at all.