Dr. Khalid Rana Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Khalid Rana?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 22nd, 2016

Did not examine me or ask why I was there

He automatically assumed I was depressed and my headaches were caused by this. He didn't ask any open ended questions nor do a single exam. Because I am a woman who just had a baby he told me my headaches must be from depression. If he was a good physician and took a proper history he would have discovered I have a neck injury and was on daily hormones and bed rest for seven months due to a high risk pregnancy. Hmm seems likely a neck injury and hormones could cause headaches. Yet when you do not take a medical history, you won't learn these things about your patients. He made an assumption about me based upon me because my blood pressure was high. Yes it's high because I'm in pain. Worse Doctor I have ever seen. Stay away and see a proper physician who takes a history, review of systems and a physical exam

December 22nd, 2016

Did not examine me or ask why I was there

September 26th, 2016

Horrible Doctor

What a horrible doctor, asking me what he could do for me, and why I was there.. I was referred by the ER to follow up with a Neurologist for a concussion. This doctor barley examined me and continually asked me what was wrong with me and when I answered gave me a crazy response. I walked out. This man is horrible..

August 12th, 2016

DOES NOT ANSWER THE PHONE. YOU CANT MAKE AN APPT BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER GET INTOUCH WITH THE PHYSICIAN OR OFFICE STAFF. SO FRUSTRATING TO KEEP CALLING AND ALL YOU GET IS THE MESSAGE LINE. AND THEY NEVER CALL YOU BACK.

December 29th, 2015

I have visited Dr. Rana about eight times this year and I can definitely say I would recommend him to a friend. He was really friendly, a good listener, and seemed like he knew what he was talking about! He walked me through all the medical terms and was able to answer all of my questions.

August 29th, 2015

Overall great experience!

May 19th, 2015

Dr.Rana Was probably the worst doctor I've seen . When dealing with a sick patient doctors are supposed to have some kind of sympathy or understanding, or at least fake it. The only thing he showed is disrespect by picking up his phone in the middle of the consultation and leaving the room with out saying anything. When we asked questions he would look at us as if my family member was just faking it. If we could go back time and avoid ever going to his office and giving money we would.

January 11th, 2014

A bizarre man. I can see people having good experiences with him, but I didn't. He seemed to think my headaches were psychosomatic and suggested my husband take me to the beach or shopping. I was stunned to say the least. After trying to prescribe Wellbutrin without a psychiatric workover and asking me, "what do you want me to do?" when I asked him if I should see a psychiatrist, I decided to go find a new neurologist. The strangest thing was that, when I was in the hospital, he would just get up and leave without warning. We never knew if he was coming back or not.

June 5th, 2013

Very Compassionate Doctor

Dr. Rana saw me in the hospital for migraines with seizures. I followed up with him in his Reston office. He listened patiently to me and all my concerns. He spent an uninterupted 20 minutes with me, before talking about a treatment plan. He is ,by far, the kindest, most compassionate doctor I have ever seen, and I see alot of doctors! I highly recommend him. The staff are very kind and courteous,as well. Another bonus, I only waited 5 minutes to see Dr. Rana. I'm a very satisfied patient!!

June 2nd, 2013

His office is nice, along with the staff. It was pretty easy to get a hold of him and I only had to wait about 10 minutes before seeing him in the office. I definitely recommend this doctor.

March 25th, 2013

Overall, my experience with Dr. Rana was great.

November 28th, 2012

This doctor was hard to understand, spoke poor english, he did not ask questions except for , "what do you want me to do?" He was not helpful and after about 10 minutes , it was obvious that he was not capable of answering questions