Pediatricians

12 Sammy McGhee Blvd
Ste 102
Jasper, GA 30143
706-253-9898
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Ridiculous  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2012

I took my kids to this doc for almost 4 years because it is the only pediatric clinic close by. EVERY time, I had to wait unacceptable hours to be seen. When I signed in my appointment time, I noticed all the other 20 people in the room had signed the same appointment time as me, so they were scheduling 20 people for the same time to see ONE doctor. After waiting to be called back for about an hour, you'd go back and wait for the doc for about another 2 hours usually, then someone would come in and you'd think "oh finally" but guess what it wasn't the doc it was his "students" yes, they would check over your child and get them all mad for looking at their ears and crying etc. and then they'd say the doc will be in shortly. About another hour the doc would finally come in! If you have a newborn, you'd better plan on bringing a feeding with you, don't think you can feed them before you leave and they won't need any more until you get back home, because if they are on a schedule, you can guarantee their feeding time will come up again while you're waiting to be seen. So, what did I think about the doctor? Not much, my kids were terrified of him (and my kids are usually happy at strangers and they love their NEW doc) I could barely hear him over their screaming and his accent is extremely hard to understand especially over the screaming, so I come out 4 hours later with 3 unhappy kids in tow and I don't really even know what the doc told me is wrong with my kid because I couldn't understand his response to my questions. I put up with this for 4 years and finally decided it was worth the long drive to the next town to see someone I could understand and that my kids didn't freak out over. Now my new doc I have to wait maybe 10 min to be seen. Well worth the drive.

|  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

I really would not recommend this physician to anyone, especially since he is dealing with children.

|  Its obvious he loves his job  |  show details
by Christina Jordan Austin on Dec 1st, 2009

We appreciate how very direct but humble Dr. Mahmood is, and how he doesnt prescribe medicine unless needed which as a mom I love! Its obvious he loves his job and treats his patients as members of his own family. He genuinely cares about the children under his care as well as every parents questions. During your visit hell thoroughly explain whatever is necessary and is more than willing to take as much time as is necessary to address any question or concern that a parent may have. He is a fabulous pediatrician who is very thorough in his tests. We have never felt rushed and know we can take the time we need to get all the answers to our problems and know were getting the best care possible!! He follows up, and returns calls in a timely manner. He is a truly a one-of-a-kind doctor. I recommend him HIGHLY! (We have a 7 year old, 9 month old and one on the way which were very proud to say Dr. Mahmood will be his pediatrician as well! When it comes to your children you need to know they are in the best hands possible which makes our drive from Alpharetta to Jasper worth every mile.)

|  show details
by Mom in Jasper on Sep 18th, 2009

My impression after taking my child to him 3 times was that this is a very good doctor and human being. He spent plenty of time with us and answered all my questions. He does not have his hand on the doorknob while speaking with you like a lot of other doctors. He was intelligent and both my child (a teenager) and I liked him. He does not have a friendly front office staff but his nurse is nice.

|  What went wrong at the doctors.  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2009

I am a mother of one of the children the go to his office and I want to write to you all to let you know that I did not have a very good visit with him regarding my child. I think that his bedside manners are not good and I also think that he could of handled it a little better. I also wanted to let you know that I do not like the way the he just comes in the room and runs out without letting the partent ask any questions. I also am very angry at the fact that he told my child that if he was not able to look in her mouth then he was going to give her a shot instead. I think that was very worng and I did not like that at all because he frightens kids that way. I also want to stress out like I said before with his bedside manners he is not very good with toddlers with what he does regarding that issue. I hope that you will take what i said in good hands and I think also that he is just there to take everybodys money. I say mabey that is just my saying but mabey not. I hope that you will find that this is not something that needs to keep happing and I hope that it will be fixed and I hope y'all the best.