Surgeons
Palo Alto Medical Foundation - Mountain View Center
701 E El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
650-934-7000
Locations and availability (1)

|  Great surgeon and an Excellent doctor!!!  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

I had the fortune of meeting Dr. Tran when I was admitted in the hospital back in June 2011 for post-op complications stemming from an abdominal surgery that took place in May 2011. On first impression, immediately I felt comfortable and not one bit intimidated as one could easily get with a surgeon. On his first visit, he grabbed himself a chair appearing as if he hadnt planned on leaving anytime soon, introduced himself and began asking me all the right questions to obtain a history of my condition and get to know me, but in a manner that just made me feel so at ease right from the get go. Every visit made to my room from that point on was dealt with in the same manner. I know Dr. Tran sees many patients, but during my month long stay in the hospital, he always made me feel special and as if I were his only patient. My sister is an RN with 30 yrs experience and even she was impressed telling me that is a rarity especially with surgeons. During my hospital stay and followup appts., he and his nurse (an excellent team as well) were always on time, professional and just as compassionate. Dr Tran doesn't just walk into the room and rush thru his agenda, he sits down with you, listens to you, and works with you to meet your needs and see that you're happy in the end. He makes you feel like he really cares for your well being even to the point of him telling me the best way/times to reach him for any questions whatsoever. He really takes his time with you and doesn't make you feel rushed. He is not only a surgeon and a doctor, but a true human being who really cares about his patients. I can't say enough great things about him. I experienced yet another abdominal attack over the holidays, phoned into Dr Trans office about 5am and had a message sent to him and I heard back from him within 5min! He sounded very compassionate, sensitive and and concerned over the phone and made me feel better just knowing he was in charge of my care. Even though Dr Tran was not the primary surgeon for my two abdominal operations, he was the primary doctor overseeing my care and it was then that I developed a deep respect and admiration for his skills as a doctor. He is always so calm and collected which helps calm me as the patient, is always wearing a smile, has a great sense of humor, and even though I'm sure he's got a hectic schedule/life, he somehow doesn't let that come across, but is always so pleasant and accommodating. That is the kind of doctor you want at your bedside. Excellent bedside manners noticeably on first impression. This doctor is the real deal - the full package, very well rounded in all respects! I will be needing yet a thyroid surgery performed in a couple weeks so I was quick to have my endocrinologist refer me to Dr Tran which immediately relieves me of any unnecessary worry or stress about the ordeal just knowing Dr. Tran will be taking care of me. When I received my initial diagnosis of thyroid cancer, I immediately put a call into Dr Tran....he called me the next morning which was a Saturday! and immediately put any fears I had of the diagnosis/surgery procedure to rest. That is just another example of Dr Tran's level of compassion. I am not glad for having been into the hospital as frequently as I have recently, but I am so honored to have met Dr Tran and grateful to him for his services as a doctor - he is definitely a rare breed!!!