Dr. Khurram Bashir Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Khurram Bashir?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 17th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Bashir since he took over for John Whitaker, M.D. (approx. 20 yrs) and concur that he is a fantastic medical professional. The most important positive trait he owns that not all doctors possess is his ability to patiently sit and listen to you and answer all of your questions. He is always in-the-know concerning the most current treatments. Overall, he is an asset to the medical field.

January 28th, 2015

I received a lot of information about my diagnosis and feel confident for the first time in a while. I am looking forward to being monitored by Dr.Bashir and his staff.

January 27th, 2015

Very kind man that takes time to know a patient. I've grown to respect and trust him very much. Wouldnt entrust my health to anyone else!

September 2nd, 2014

20 year patient

I have seen Dr. Bashir since he first came to Birmingham and worked under Dr. John Whittaker. Upon the loss of Dr. Whittaker, I have continued and have built a close relationship with Dr. Bashir. He is very compassionate, but serious when needed. I feel he puts MY best interest above all other patients. I am also sure other patients feel the same way....GREAT DOCTOR!!

May 22nd, 2012

Hanzinikolas

Flew from Greece to see him. Although doctors in Greece could not figure out what I had, Dr. Bashir diagnosed it straight away.I am NOW taking meds 3 years later that Dr. Bashir recommended 3 years ago.I hope it is not too late for me.Dr. Bashir. Thank You

June 28th, 2011

a class act

Dr. Bashir is fabulous; he listens, he calls you at home if you email him with a need, for appts. he never makes you feel rushed, always answers questions thoroughly and with patience. The entire staff at the Kirklin Clinic pays attention to patient needs.

December 31st, 2009

Poor Bedside Manner/Uptight personality

Very uptight. I was very uncomfortable

November 9th, 2009

Fantastic Diagnostician!

I visited another neurologist, who said I definitely did not have Multiple Sclerosis. As a second opinion, I visited Dr. Bashir, who showed the MRI lesions and other reasons I have MS. He is patient, kind, considerate, very supportive, and helpful with all health matters. He also told me to get on SS disability. I was using temp disability and there was no way I was going to get better. I was in denial. He sat so patiently and held my hand a spoke to me for a very lengthy time to tell me to get SS disability. It was very rough for me, and he helped me through that transition with caring and gentleness.He is positive, expects things of you, and encourages you. All the while, he will be honest and forthright about the prognosis of the disease. In particular, he never said I would NEVER get better, but said until I do, I should get SSD. He is very informed on the latest research and takes time to explain all of it to me each visit. He diagnosed a friend of mine also, who had seen 5 doctors and spent 7 years getting test after test, only to have no answer. Dr. Bashir gave her those answers on her first visit.

April 18th, 2017