Dr. Kim Koo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 27th, 2015
Great Experience
I was referred to Dr. Koo to replace several disks in my neck. She was very professional and explained everything very thorougly which put me at ease. My surgery went extremely well and I have no complaints. She is an excellent surgeon as far as my experience is concerned.

August 21st, 2014
Kim Eng Koo has awful beside manner. She is very rude and most nurses do not like her. They tolerate her. I don't know where her good comments come from but from my own experience, I would recommend others to look for other opinions before you let her do any kind of review on you. In fact, go elsewhere.

March 14th, 2014
This doctor does not have good bed side manner. Too many complaints at her last location and that is why she is in Rocky Mount. I would not recommend her to anyone.

March 5th, 2014
Excellent under pressure!
I had an emergency surgery with her at Mission Hospital. She was great and went right in, as needed! Took care of my tumor. No deficiency afterwards. I am very grateful. Thanks Dr. Koo.

March 2nd, 2012
Trust in a Doctor
Having little trust in doctors, I wish to say Dr. Koo is one of two physicians in which I would entrust my life. I have seen many doctors over the years but, have found none as caring, open, honest, dedicated, and skilled as Dr. Koo. She has performed 3 back surgies on me and if/when the need occurs again, I will travel to where she is before seeing another doctor. She is very knowledgable and does not "beat around the bush" when discussing any situation. In my opinion Dr. Koo goes above and beyond the call of duty and truly honors the Hippocratic Oath with her first concerns being the health of her patients. Dr. Koo is a very rare and gifted human being.

November 10th, 2011
She never gave up on me!!
Her perserverance was amazing! After a discectomy i developed a seroma that was removed and then came back larger. She scheduled an MRI and while there, i could not get up from the table..the staff took me to the Emergency and it seemed like only minutes before Dr. Koo was at my side. I will be forever grateful to her and her staff for their compassion and i will recommend her to anyone i come in contact with that requires the services she provides!!!

March 27th, 2011
Dr. Koo is not for me
I saw Dr. Koo for back pain. The office staff really did not seem to care if I was there or not. Once I saw Dr. Koo, she really didn't seem to know what she was talking about. She spouted off some things, which I did not understand. She then told me I did not need surgery. I asked why, and then she said that if I wanted surgery, she could do something, but it probably would not help. I wound up going to another neurosurgeron, who was VERY competent. He treated me for a while. I eventually had surgery (not by Dr. Koo), and did very well. and was back to work 4 days after the surgery. I do NOT recommend Dr. Koo for anything more complicated than a hangnail.

September 25th, 2016