Dr. Kim Erlich MD Patient Reviews

• Infectious Disease Daly City, CA

• Good
  • Bad

February 5th, 2015
Dr Erlich was my HIV dr. for 3 or 4 years and he was literally a life saver. very professional and always up on all the lateest HIV meds and what was in the pipeline etc...Thanks Dr...

June 9th, 2013
Pompous and biased
Ehrlich was called in to see me by hospitaliists following a dog bite. He spent less than five minutes in my room to look at my dog bite. In that time he told me I did not have Lyme disease, or Babesia, which I have been recovering from for twenty years, following a tickbite , EM rash, and misdiagnosis and refusal to treat by approximately twenty MD's and several ID docs. He told me to stop all my Lyme medications! After five minutes he felt he was qualified to say I did not have LYme!!! And he is still sending me bills. Here's the best part: I see that he shares a practice with James Rumack, one of the first doctors , (after that very long series of physicians I saw), to diagnose Lyme meningitis in me, and immediately gave me IV Ceftriaxone, the proper treatment. Unfortunately, he refused to treat it for longer than an arbitrary 30 days, determined by the insurance company , as the appropriate treatment plan, even though I continued to exhibit numerous neurological , muscular, joint, and immune symptoms, but had made some obvious improvements in the thirty days. I went on eventually to find a Lyme Literate doctor, whose treatment included compassion and current appropriate treatment planning.The term " Lyme Literate" was made fun of in the short five minutes Dr.Ehrlich was in my hospital room. It is so clearly his type of ignorance and arrogance thatkeeps Lyme patients sick for years!

February 25th, 2016