Dr. Kim Johnson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 1st, 2015
Disappointed
Stay away! I had to find new doctor because my beloved ob retired and I was FINALLY pregnant. Made an appointment with Dr. Johnson and she not only cancelled on me, but passed me over to a straight-out-of-school newbie. Even worse she did not put me on progesterone even though I called the office and had early bloodwork done which showed that my progesterone levels were decreasing (22, 16, 14) - nurse that called me back said that Johnson felt levels were "good enough." Maybe she would have been better if I was an existing patient but I ended up miscarrying. Although I understand it could have happened anyways, why leave me with the nagging doubt that we could have prevented this, esp since I'm 40 with no time to spare? She didn't want to take the extra 5 minutes to send in a prescription or see me any earlier than the 8 week visit. Oh, Evanston office is terrible, seems dirty, pay for parking, unfriendly. Was literally put into a closet (table and couple chairs were shoved in) after ultrasound scan with the newbie doctor. Too many decent doctors in the area to deal with this nonsense.

September 22nd, 2015
Best doc I've ever been to
Dr. Johnson is WONDERFUL. She is incredibly warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Sometimes the wait to see her is a bit long, but the time and attention she gives each patient is worth it. I used to work in Evanston but now I both live and work and the city, and it's still worth the trip out to see her for my yearly.

October 16th, 2014
Dr Johnson was misleading about blood test results which led me to make decisions I otherwise would not have. I do not trust her at all and would highly recommend looking elsewhere for an obgyn. I have switched practices completely to be sure I never have to deal with her again.

December 14th, 2009
can't find many better
This doctor is exceptionally good with patients. She explains things with precise accuracy and makes sure that the patient understands it as well. She is clear about whatever options are available and seems to genuinely care about her patients. She has the ability to make the most anxiety stricken patient feel at ease without ever losing her professionalism. She is a credit to the world of medicine.

January 23rd, 2017