Dr. Kim Ogle MD, FAAP Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Pittsburgh, PA

• Good
  • Bad

August 21st, 2015
Cool demeanor, not very supportive of nursing or bed sharing.
After giving birth to my daughter, I went to a follow up appointment with our new pediatrician, Kim Ogle. I chose this particular pediatrician office based off of proximity to our home. We were released from the Midwife Center after 8 hours, and our newborn, frustrated with the world outside the womb, didn't want to sleep. She cried around the clock and slept in short spurts. Needless to say, I was extremely sleep deprived to the point of seeing dots and feeling rather emotional. My daughter was having difficulty latching on to nurse and my milk hadn't come in fully yet. I was looking forward to talking with an understanding and warm pediatrician about my concerns. Dr. Vogel was very abrupt, cool, and matter of fact in her demeanor. She didn't look at me when talking, addressing my partner with all questions, which made me feel invisible and insignificant. Instead of trying to help me with my nursing challenges, she pushed formula on us and warned that my baby was losing weight, which filled me with fear. She basically insinuated that I have PPD because of how emotional I was because of the sleep deprivation. When we left, the front office handed us various formula samples, and I cried on the way home. I quickly switched my pediatrician, and I have no regrets about doing so. My daughter is now 15 months old and still nursing! Once I switched to a more understanding pediatrician who took the time out to actually talk to me about my concerns, I began to feel more confident about breastfeeding and the challenges that come along with it.

October 8th, 2014
great physician
i believe that Dr kim Ogle is an outstanding physician. Dr ogle took car eof me as a child and now takes care of my son. I would highly reccomend her.

May 23rd, 2013
Dr Ogle is outstanding. She has been the PCP for both of my daughters and over the 20 years she has responded to all their medical needs, answered all of my questions regarding my children's health and development and overall has been fantastic. I would recommend her without hesitation!

June 30th, 2017